Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 11:33 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When GWB was president, I recall bumper stickers reading, "The Village of Kennebunkport Misses it's Idiot", and "A Village in Texas is Missing It's Idiot". Are those racist as well? Or are you reading "racism" when the statement was only suggesting that the person is an idiot?
No argument about the monkey remark. It's racist!
The "A village in Kenya is missing its idiot" plays on the myth that President Obama was born in Kenya. That is making a racist assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 02:14 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,827,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The "A village in Kenya is missing its idiot" plays on the myth that President Obama was born in Kenya. That is making a racist assumption.
I agree it's playing on a myth, but that still doesn't make it "racist". Maybe bitter and angry, but not racist.
If a black person had the "A Village in Texas is Missing it's Idiot" bumper sticker, does that make them racist? I don't believe it does.
When Barry Goldwater ran for president, an effort was made to disqualify him because he was born in Arizona, before it became a state. Was that racist? How about if the idea was promoted by AAs?

Old 07-28-2013, 02:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
I agree it's playing on a myth, but that still doesn't make it "racist". Maybe bitter and angry, but not racist.
If a black person had the "A Village in Texas is Missing it's Idiot" bumper sticker, does that make them racist? I don't believe it does.
When Barry Goldwater ran for president, an effort was made to disqualify him because he was born in Arizona, before it became a state. Was that racist? How about if the idea was promoted by AAs?
I'm going to agree with you on this one. It's certainly no compliment to either one but I'm not sure it is racist.

Old 07-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
I understand your argument, and like the person you are responding to , i think we simply disagree.

If the bumper Sticker had said "A village in Hawaii", you would have a point, as Goldwater was indeed born in Arizona,And Texas is GWB's adopted home, but President Obama was not born in Kenya nor is it his adopted home.

The Souls of Black Folk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many African Americans simply feel that this is another way to delegitimize our citizenship. Make us feel separate from America at large.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:19 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Well, you do have to admire him/her for his/her ability to write good fiction.

lol

Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Awwww....you care about "future blacks." How cute.

I care about our country and I want someone who is worth a flip but the ones who are do not seem to have much of a chance
and I don't care if the are black, white, green or stripped
give your sarcasm a break or at least sling it on someone else
I don't give a damn what you think you mean zero to me
so put it where the sun does not shine

Old 07-28-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
You mean this "white" and "black" President.

How exactly has he made it hard for "future blacks?" Do you people have that much difficultuy looking at people as individuals?

no not for me
what I am saying is Obama had a huge chance to make a difference in bringing this country together LIKE HE PROMISED
instead he divided us more that ever
and on top of that he is a bigot plain and simple
he would have sold his white grand mother for a vote, but instead he ridiculed her in front of the whole world calling her a typical white woman and that was on a good day
he has slithered down so far and called all white people racist for so long I do think he has caused damage to the next black man or woman who might run
and what do you mean
"you people" I am a person, period
but you helped prove my point there are race baiters every where and you seem to be one of them
so get off your high horse before you fall on your ass

Old 07-28-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Guess I hit a nerve. Like I said, you are seeped in racial ignorance and cant see beyond race. No need to keep on the angry rants. Again seek help for your crazy racial fits.

oh kiss off
you low life
talk about a radical fit
you are not even in touch with reality
go haunt someone else

Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
No doubt about it culture clash too many double standards
Color coded behavior standards are causing us big trouble

Old 07-28-2013, 03:43 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
When the government makes several classes of people dependent on their race, disability, etc... you have a system that is INHERENTLY unfair... do we need protections? Absolutely... what we have is one being able to do something whereas a similar person of a different race, disability, etc can't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies