Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 08:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,440,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
not on this forum, but all over the internet you can easily find ir dating black men who love to put down black women. you almost never see white women getting into the mix. most white women do not date black men, so that's probably why. anyways, this thread wasn't supposed to be specifically about ir relationships between bm/ww, it's about attitudes about ir dating period.
Its actually very sad....for those men. The type of men that do this never tend to maintain an enduring relationship with any woman....white, black or otherwise.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Do men have sex with their mothers or cheat on their mothers? Do they make lifelong vows to their mothers? Can a mother use the force of the state to financially ruin her son?

Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,977,435 times
Quote:
not on this forum, but all over the internet you can easily find ir dating black men who love to put down black women. you almost never see white women getting into the mix. most white women do not date black men, so that's probably why. anyways, this thread wasn't supposed to be specifically about ir relationships between bm/ww, it's about attitudes about ir dating period.
I personally never see websites advertised and specifically geared towards black men and white women who date interracially. Their participation in such discussions appears to more "real world" as opposed to theory, observation and dialogue (i.e. i tend to see it more often than i see them discussing it, where with black women it appears to be the reverse). I can only think of one website though, feel free to post any that you have in mind. Comparatively the interracial dating boards, are dominated, authored, and advertised by black females (this board included), regardless of the media. You can look up any media forum, whether it's a newspaper article, a magazine, a fictional book or movie,message board thread or a blog, and you can pretty much guarantee that black females will almost double the number of any other demographic. Start a topic on interracial dating anywhere--and it will begin to morph into a discussion controlled and dominated by black females. however, It is their right to post as they please-- but it's just an observation.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:43 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,885,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Obviously....

the dynamic between a mother/daughter etc. and a wife are not on the same plane. Period.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,694,357 times
Quote:
Do men have sex with their mothers or cheat on their mothers? Do they make lifelong vows to their mothers? Can a mother use the force of the state to financially ruin her son?
If you say, women who are like (presumably) the other ones in your family are <<insert negative stereotype here>> you likely do not respect women much.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Obviously....

the dynamic between a mother/daughter etc. and a wife are not on the same plane. Period.
My point was that a person with self hate can not truly and completely ever love anyone else. So while some women are 'flattered' when a guy bashes his own and praises her kind, eventually that man's issues with hating who/what he is will undermine their relationship as well.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,506,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I personally never see websites advertised and specifically geared towards black men and white women who date interracially. Their participation in such discussions appears to more "real world" as opposed to theory, observation and dialogue (i.e. i tend to see it more often than i see them discussing it, where with black women it appears to be the reverse). I can only think of one website though, feel free to post any that you have in mind. Comparatively the interracial dating boards, are dominated, authored, and advertised by black females (this board included), regardless of the media. You can look up any media forum, whether it's a newspaper article, a magazine, a fictional book or movie,message board thread or a blog, and you can pretty much guarantee that black females will almost double the number of any other demographic. Start a topic on interracial dating anywhere--and it will begin to morph into a discussion controlled and dominated by black females. however, It is their right to post as they please-- but it's just an observation.
we must not use the same internet. there certainly is no shortage of ir bm talking crazy on the internet. I've seen bw talk about not dating bm too.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,977,435 times
Quote:
we must not use the same internet. there certainly is no shortage of ir bm talking crazy on the internet. I've seen bw talk about not dating bm too.
Feel free to the websites of black men advising other black men to date and marry interracially. I can post the same for black women and then we can compare notes.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
If you say, women who are like (presumably) the other ones in your family are <<insert negative stereotype here>> you likely do not respect women much.
Even if my Mother was a hussy...I'd still love her. That wouldn't change the fact that she put herself out there like that.

A wife or a GF that puts herself out there like that....is not afforded the same luxury.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
My point was that a person with self hate can not truly and completely ever love anyone else. So while some women are 'flattered' when a guy bashes his own and praises her kind, eventually that man's issues with hating who/what he is will undermine their relationship as well.
Maybe that man just found a woman with similar values...similar values handed down to him from his mother? Maybe he is a man that can make the distinction between culture and race? What if that mans sentiment also resonates with his parents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies