Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Love is love and I will always support that between a man and a woman.

But on the other hand will we be happy in 100 years when the mixing results in Americans that pretty much look all alike? I like the variety and I have to think that God had his reasons for the way we look, even though he did create us all equal.

Will we have no more blond, blue eyed or dark haired, fair skinned with green eyes women? I mean, to me that's a tragedy if that happens. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution stomped out?

I just hope that the causasian race doesn't disappear is all, but I'll be long gone before that happens so what the heck.

I'm 100% German and my wife is mostly Scandinavian. I have dark haired kids with brown eyes and I have a couple of blond kids with blue eyes. I just think that variety, if it goes away would be sad.
I don't think that will happen. The vast majority of people procreate with someone of the same race. Just look at Brazil, tons of interracial relationships there and they still have white people. Besides, we need north Europeans with the CCR5 mutation to have kids unless we can copy and implant the mutation into other people.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I would love to see the gender breakdown. I am sure that many more black woman are against interracial marriage than men, and that white men are probably more likely to be against it than white women.
You might be right, I don't know.

WHY "Black" ladies would have more problem with inter racial marriage don't make any kind of sense to me because they're the ones getting the short end of the stick since so many Black dudes don't take care of business.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:45 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
White women ain't got no ass.
Not the case my friend...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Hmm, in general, blacks are more likely to be attracted to whites, than whites to blacks..? Why are so many successful blacks married to whites?
That has to do more with money and social circles than racial preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Why are the overwhelming majority of successful blacks married to (gasp!) other black people?
Exactly. The people they talk about for the most part are athletes, but most of your top black athletes are married to black women by an overwhelming margin.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You might be right, I don't know.

WHY "Black" ladies would have more problem with inter racial marriage don't make any kind of sense to me because they're the ones getting the short end of the stick since so many Black dudes don't take care of business.
Oh, we take care of business good enough, apparently.

And it should make perfect sense to you...look at the competition (got a mirror handy).

Old 07-26-2013, 11:50 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh, we take care of business good enough, apparently.

And it should make perfect sense to you...look at the competition (got a mirror handy).
Haha! Damn.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:06 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I don't think that will happen. The vast majority of people procreate with someone of the same race. Just look at Brazil, tons of interracial relationships there and they still have white people. Besides, we need north Europeans with the CCR5 mutation to have kids unless we can copy and implant the mutation into other people.
I just remember that we are the potter's clay, not the potter. It's God's will every baby that is born. Not for me to question.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Oh my God
Oh, you saw that too, huh?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Personal experience-in 1990 I dated a lovely black lady while we were both in the Navy stationed in Orlando, FL. While she and I were walking along together, a car load of black guys drove by and made racist remarks towards me and then to her saying she was trying to act white and she should get with a "bratha". I could tell they thought about doing more than make comments but they took off when the base police drove by.
Oh it happens. I had a couple insidents when I was younger. One time, I was like 19, I was walking through the airport in a city with a large black population with a young, white male coworker I had just met a few days before. He was average looking, not cute to me. None of that mattered, because we were not dating. Anyways, just walking through this airport there were a bunch of stares. At least 3 people made loud comments like, "she could do better." I was very embarrassed then, but now it just pisses me off. People should mind their own business. Just because I'm the same rave as you doesn't give you the right to loud talk me in public.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:24 PM

93 posts, read 82,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Love is love and I will always support that between a man and a woman.

But on the other hand will we be happy in 100 years when the mixing results in Americans that pretty much look all alike? I like the variety and I have to think that God had his reasons for the way we look, even though he did create us all equal.

Will we have no more blond, blue eyed or dark haired, fair skinned with green eyes women? I mean, to me that's a tragedy if that happens. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution stomped out?

I just hope that the causasian race doesn't disappear is all, but I'll be long gone before that happens so what the heck.

I'm 100% German and my wife is mostly Scandinavian. I have dark haired kids with brown eyes and I have a couple of blond kids with blue eyes. I just think that variety, if it goes away would be sad.
I suppose there could be some deal worked out between the couples. Just because you marry outside your race doesn't mean you have to procreate with them also. I'm not sure if this would make everyone happy. You can also have Asian, Black and Latino couples raise white adopted children (the darker white kids of course). There are options.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not the case my friend...

That has to do more with money and social circles than racial preference.

Exactly. The people they talk about for the most part are athletes, but most of your top black athletes are married to black women by an overwhelming margin.
Yep. It's just the ones married to black women get no air time. Even Dwayn Wade and Gabrielle Union hardly get their faced on magazines and they're both famous. I do believe there is a media agenda to not show dark and brown skin girls being loved, but that's a different issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies