Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
truth...I always say if white racists want all the credit for creating modern civilization they also need to take credit for destroying the planet.
Ummm ... yeah, the planet's destroyed. If it weren't for whites, you'd be in Africa eating sand. You should be thanking us.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:56 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,909,991 times
Quote:
of course they "whined" about it. no one, but other immigrants were listening.
You clearly have convinced yourself...and my grandparents must have just been lying to me. Thanks

Quote:
are black people the only people you think "whine" about the oppression we face in this country?
No.

Quote:
don't gays "whine" about their hardships?
Yes.

Quote:
what about latinos?
Yes, but nowhere near as much as Blacks.

Quote:
women?
I have yet to meet one woman who DOESN'T whine. Why even ask this question?

Quote:
what you call "whining" gave way to a better life for many who were not white, protestant males.
Well, damn...none of my family were Protestant...so they MUST have been whiners?

Quote:
grow up and read a history book or something.
Sure, can it be non-revisionist?

Any more questions?

or are you done whining?

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 08-05-2013 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 04:36 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Got it, Sparky ... when you read something you dislike, you label it a "complaint."
Because you aren't providing anything productive to the conversation, other than basically bashing Blacks and White women who date Black men.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
They're still all of the same race.
Ethnicity trumps race in this case. German ethnicity is different from Czech or Polish ethnicity. Spanish ethnicity is different from Dutch ethnicity. Look at Belgium.

Being of the same race doesn't mean two peoples are going to say "that's my people". I have never heard a Dutch person refer to Germans as "his people". I never hear a Spanish person refer to the Portuguese as "his people.

So the whole "they sold their own people" argument, I call crap on that. When there were millions of Russians killed at the hands of the German army during WWII, no one refers to that at "they killed their own people". It is referred to as "millions of Russians died at the hands of Germans". When Bosnians and Serbians were at it during the Balkans war of the 90s, it was referred to in terms of ethnic strife, not "they're killing their own". So don't try that stuff with me.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
It has nothing to do with being stubborn. She is Dominican...and they are mixed people. "Black" tends to refer to a certain experience in the U.S., which is likely not hers. I agree with her and am dark brown. *shrug*
You can get away with that in 2013, not 1953. Back in the Jim Crow south; if you looked "Black", you WERE Black because of racism. Too; some dark skin anglo white people also got branded as "Black".

Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 PM

93 posts, read 82,934 times
Quote:
did I say you can't be a race, ethnicity and a nationality? please show me where. a person can be black and Puerto rican. if they are beat up by black americans because they are Puerto Rican, that's not racism. they're the same race.
Yes a person can be black and Puerto rican. A person can be white and Puerto Rican. It was the white puerto rican that was beat up. Did you see the video? Suddenly you're acting as if I was talking about a black Puerto Rican. Why doesn't this make sense to you? Racism doesn't equal white supremacy. You can be guilty of being racist too. Whether you want to continue playing the victim or not.

AGAIN:
"You just hate to think that black people can be racists. There's no avoiding it. And you don't have to attack a white person or asian to exclusively be a racist. The victim can be Latino too who might have african ancestry. Afterall the same (false) accusation of racism was made of Zimmerman and he's 1/4 Black Black Black. Oh it's ok when you make the accusations but others meh not. Puhlease."

Last edited by Io.I; 08-05-2013 at 07:18 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
of course they "whined" about it. no one, but other immigrants were listening. are black people the only people you think "whine" about the oppression we face in this country? don't gays "whine" about their hardships? what about latinos? women? what you call "whining" gave way to a better life for many who were not white, protestant males. grow up and read a history book or something.
Is this the squeaky wheel get's the grease philosophy? At first this might work but at some point you should stop this whining? Even parents of newborns know that at some point you might want the BABY to stop crying and whining on their own. At some point you take responsibility California34.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
Yes a person can be black and Puerto rican. A person can be white and Puerto Rican. It was the white puerto rican that was beat up. Did you see the video? Suddenly you're acting as if I was talking about a black Puerto Rican. Why doesn't this make sense to you? Racism doesn't equal white supremacy. You can be guilty of being racist too. Whether you want to continue playing the victim or not.

AGAIN:
"You just hate to think that black people can be racists. There's no avoiding it. And you don't have to attack a white person or asian to exclusively be a racist. The victim can be Latino too who might have african ancestry. Afterall the same (false) accusation of racism was made of Zimmerman and he's 1/4 Black Black Black. Oh it's ok when you make the accusations but others meh not. Puhlease."
Please quote anyone in this thread who explicitly stated that bigotry can not or does not exist within some Black people?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
Ummm ... yeah, the planet's destroyed. If it weren't for whites, you'd be in Africa eating sand. You should be thanking us.
so you're saying Africans lived in Africa for thousands of years without white people, generation after generation and all they ate was sand? we truly are an amazing people. meanwhile, back in the gulf coast.....

Last edited by Californian34; 08-05-2013 at 08:29 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Please quote anyone in this thread who explicitly stated that bigotry can not or does not exist within some Black people?
Are you jumping into another conversation again only to later say well you've stopped making sense 10 pages ago. Get yourself together and know what I'm talking about and who I'm responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies