Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 05:33 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Generation X coming of age maybe?

There has been a HUGE jump in support for gay marriage between 2008 and 2012 as Millennials have come of age.

As for interracial marriage, its hard to believe its 2013 and we still haven't moved completely beyond race as a society.
could it be the effed up minds of the liberal media?

Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
It would have to be mostly white people watching these shows or they wouldn't make $ in a predominantly white country. Isn't it weird to you that some of the highest rated shows on tv in the 80s and 90s had black families and couples which included black women of all shades? What happened to the black women on tv?
The Real Housewives of Atlanta | Bravo TV Official Site

Old 07-27-2013, 06:44 PM

93 posts, read 82,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They might be hostile to you because you're either a chump or you might be an a-hole. Those are valid reasons to be hostile towards you. In fact, I'd be hostile to you too in that case.

So again...you're without basis except for your personal anecdotes...and without knowing you personally, those are meaningless.

Moreover, you can't speak from the point of a white man, so you can't speak about their experiences from firsthand knowledge. You can only speculate what would happen to them just because you think it would happen to you.

As for the rest of your bedwetting points, I'm too busy watching some paint dry to bother with it.
Did I strike a chord desertdetroiter! It looks like you have an issue with accountability. Did you have to attack me personally. Chump and an a-hole! Pretty aggressive and demeaning. Well it looks like you go around looking for fights since you can't take what's true. You can't face facts so you get all tough. To call me a chump must mean you value combative interactions. Is that how you carry yourself. Sorry buddy. I'm well aware of this tone of insecure men of all colors. Are you a black man? Did it bother you that I've pointed out some black men hating to see white (or other) men with black women? Do you think it's an insult to you? Do black women look down on you? Forget about the paint drying. Come on, tell us why you are having issues with sistahs dating THE WHITE MAN.

And I can speak from my first hand experience and what I've seen and discussed with white men. There's no speculation here. I've also discussed this with black men. So I can speak on that also. You have no clue what I know or what I can speak of. NONE!

Take it easy with the little insults. Don't settle for pebbles. I think you fail to get a handle of this discussion.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:02 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamboyante View Post
What laws are you taking about? Are you referring to when blacks didn't have rights? That was a long time ago and I don't think the current generation knows about any of those laws.

I doubt that very much.

What???
SMH
"what?" you obviously don't know what I'm talking about because you read my comment out of context. it was a response to what green mariner said. and if you don't know that at one time immigration from certain countries was prohibited in this country, then keep scratching, shaking, or shrinking your head.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:03 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
my point exactly. those ratchets do not count.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
I wouldn't say this is typical of black American men. I know too many good black men, who love black women. Men like Victorian have bought into white supremacy, but it's too painful for them to admit that the offspring of white men, to them, are greater than the offspring of black men, so they blame black women.
Let me clarify. It is typical from many Black American men who "interracially" date. Why the need to insult women of your own culture because you choose to mix? And yes, I do agree with u about the supremacy issue.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:39 PM

93 posts, read 82,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Let me clarify. It is typical from many Black American men who "interracially" date. Why the need to insult women of your own culture because you choose to mix? And yes, I do agree with u about the supremacy issue.
I wasn't sure how to respond to the 2 types of black women post. I have heard this from black men who date interracially also. What's up with that? Isn't that an attempt to form an impression on the psyche of other people. A stereotype. Thus this leads to pre-judgements and discrimination. And this is coming from a black man. I guess by putting down black women, black men would look good in comparison. And no one will pick them apart. Are there 2 types of black men? I haven't heard this from Black women who date interracially.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:45 PM

123 posts, read 192,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is one thing I've noticed. Whenever there is opposition towards interracial marriage, it is mostly about Blacks.

It would be interesting to see how interracial marriage is viewed by all groups.

Back to my other topic. I've known women who were in interracial relationships, but were told "no Black men allowed". That is one thing I've seen. It isn't really interracial marriage that many people are against, but rather, many are against dating African-Americans. I've heard some people being told "no African-Americanm men".

And it isn't just non-Black women. I remember a woman who was of Haitian descent. She was basically told "don't bring home an African-American". She was told she could date anyone else, but no African-American men. It shocked me for a moment that her parents would forbid her to date African-American men. I'm mean, she is Black. But I also heard the same thing from an African woman.
I have to co-sign regarding interracial dating and African-American men. We get a bad rap. A lot of people get caught up in the stereotypes of African-American men and they start to believe the negative hype, hence negative attitudes towards their daughters dating these men. I'm not sure what's up with certain Carribean cultures having beef with their daughters dating African-American men, that's just crazy to me. I can see the beef towards grimy thug dudes but If a guy is clean cut, educated and trying to do something with his life, come on, give him a chance. There is a bit of irony being that the bad reputation and stereotypes can sometimes attract certain non-black women to African-American men. Is it the supposed bad-boy attitude, the so-called element of danger or is it the reality that hey despite what daddy told me he really isn't a bad guy after all. You never really know who you are dealing with until you come in contact with them and converse a little. Who knows, I say live and let live.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Typical Black American male nonsense. Too many Black American men have color/racial issues and so they feel the need to stereotype all "black" women, especially their own Black American women. They are probably the most verbally disrespectful of the women within their culture in the world. It's disgusting. Do you really think that African women who are "black" care if you all want white women? "black" Caribbean women? "black" Latinas?
First, I am not black, I am mixed. Second, I have nothing against black girls and I've dated one. She was the best kind of black girl: SECOND GENERATION AFRICAN IMMIGRANT. Beautiful, dark skinned and intelligent, i.e., someone who felt no connection to modern black culture.

Quote:
I know a number of black American women who don't fit into the narrow categories you want to throw them in. Hopefully over time, more of them will date men of African descent from other places and other groups in general.

"African" is as much one group as "Asian" is and you know it. Africans, black Americans, mixed people etc have as much in common as the Koreans, Japanese and Filipinos...and they get along behind closed doors just as well as the Koreans, Japanese and Filipinos, which is to see, not very much.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:47 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
It doesn't work both ways. Black men complain of racism and white men being threatened but it's usually the other way around. From my experience many Black men have been hostile to me (latino) when I date Black women. I've witness enough incidents to make this opinion. If you're a white man forget it - it would be even rougher for him. I think you'd find more white (or other men) with black women if this aggravation didn't exist. Aggravation = racism. How dare I. I have no basis. Yeah whatever.

Black men may be defensive, but black women are even more so.

But it is funny how it is socially accepted for blacks and Asians to be against interracial dating, but not whites.

An Asian American guy flips out as his daughter dating a non-Asian? "Well, that's a different culture"

A black woman gets angry at black men dating white women? "Well, she's just thinking about the future of her community."

But a white guy gets angry about his white daughter dating a black guy and all of a sudden it's "HE'S A WORTHLESS KKK MEMBER BLAH BLAH...." Or, a white person things it's wrong for whites to marry outside there race and it's "THAT WORTHLESS NAZI!"

It's racism, no matter how you slice it. The big fat Laquaisha Roshida Johnson black woman getting mad about white women stealing their "mens" is just as racist as Cletus McGee getting the buckshot ready if his daughter goes out with a black man or some old, angry Chinese father who would ship his son back to Fuzhou if he ever came home with a black girl. Racism is racism is racism...

That's why I don't get along well with other progressives: I am too damn consistent. Now adays progressives hate consistency and live on double standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies