Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 01:07 AM

690 posts, read 963,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
A man was shot dead in Houston this summer while outside watering his lawn. The police think it was just a random shooting. Who knows, maybe a gang initiation? I can't for the life of me figure out any other reason for it unless it was murder for hire, but it doesn't sound like it.

Just this month a father and son were killed during a robbery in their home. There have been multiple instances of people being killed by their robbers. There is no way to know the attacker's motives or what they're going to do. I can understand the mindset of the New Orleans homeowner.
doesnt matter what could have, would have...whateva, sh1t happens, but u have to look at situation at hand
the kid was unarmed and its not even proven he was burglarizing

Old 07-28-2013, 01:16 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Why Trayvon II? This kid was on private property, Trayvon had every right to be where he was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He had the right to be everywhere except on top of George Zimmerman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Do try to stay on topic.

Martin wasn't shot for being where he was.

He was shot for doing what he was doing.

As for this case, the homeowner seems to have acted prematurely.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:20 AM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
doesnt matter what could have, would have...whateva, sh1t happens, but u have to look at situation at hand
He was inside the guy's fence at 2 AM. I'm sure his motives weren't pure. And how on earth was the homeowner to know the kid was unarmed, or that he was even a kid? I personally would never walk outside to see what was happening when my dog started barking. I would call the police and make sure the guy didn't come into my house. I was just saying that I could understand the guy's fear. People need to know that you can't just go jump someone's fence and not expect to be met with deadly force. Too many people have guns.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:49 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
its not even proven he was burglarizing
The "professional thief" hopped a fence at 2 a.m. to cut the grass????

Old 07-28-2013, 03:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The "professional thief" hopped a fence at 2 a.m. to cut the grass????

I am sure his intentions were good.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:58 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He had the right to be everywhere except on top of George Zimmerman.
WHO had followed him in his car then got out and followed him on foot .... WHY do ya'll keep forgetting that.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There was no threat to the homeowner's life nor risk of bodily harm. The kid hadn't even tried to break in.

You can't shoot someone to death for being in your back yard. That's not stand-your-ground, that's slaughter.

REALLY? I think the burglar got what he deserved. He wasn't just trespassing, he climbed over a fence, a person that is willing to do THAT is willing to do anything not to get caught.

So you would be willing to watch out your window while some punk empties your yard, hoping the police get there before he leaves?

Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:

On the inside of a FENCED yard at 2am? REALLY, is there any doubt what he was there to do?

Old 07-28-2013, 04:11 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Next, liberals will force everyone in the neighborhood to provide wheelchair access so he can get back to his career as a burglar.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:26 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Reg. Dem but getting more conservative as I get older. I do think the home owner shot prematurely especially if the kid was leaving - but as people have stated - how was the home owner to know he didn't have a gun. And what was this 14 yr old doing out at 2 am roaming the streets - where are the parents, who knew he has a history of robbing homes. Do I feel sorry for the kid - nope. Sorry but he was up to no good and I'm sick of people making excuses for punks like this. Instead of preaching to us - go down to these neighborhoods and make a difference. But you won't.

You can't compare incidents today with things we did as kids 20+ years ago. Most of the pranks we pulled were not damaging or life threatening. Back then, neighbors knew each other and kept all the neighborhood kids in check. If you were caught doing something wrong by a neighbor, he'd yell at you and then you got it when you got home from your parents. Back then there was responsibility taught and the fact that there are consequences to your actions. 14 yrs olds weren't out roaming the neighborhood at 2am - we had curfews.

For many kids in today's society - there is no respect for themselves or others, there is no responsibility taken, and there are few repercussions. Parents either don't care or have lost control, and those that do care have lost the right to discipline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies