Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 09:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
enabling black youth...lol

you funny
Let me fix this for you.

"Enablinnn BlaQ YoutH...lol

you fuNnaYY "

Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,954,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
This thread had absolutely nothing to do with race. YOU chimed in with your incessant blaming of Obama and then stretched it to the enabling of black youth.

It's funny you calling Obama a loser though.

Guess which one graduated from Harvard Law school? Which one of the two is President of the United States? Yeah, that would be Obama.

A black guy whose success has surpassed your own. I imagine that IS quite a bitter pill to swallow.

Tough.
Obama is 1/2 black. he didn't need to do any work to get into or out of harvard.... They just pushed him ahead before he got as stagnant as he is now.

He has always been a loser, and he has always been lucky. What was that peace prize for again?

The best thing he does is stutter very well.
The last vestige of supporters come from Black Women who are Desperate & Insecure!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:23 AM

87 posts, read 82,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Where has anyone suggested that the homeowner had no right to defend himself and should let the "thug" attack and murder him?

Is there any indication that the teenager was there to attack and murder? And if he was, then the homeowner would have had every right to defend himself.

But he wasn't in any immediate danger. No one was trying to attack him. No one was trying to murder him.

If you have to pretend the situation was something other than what it actually was in order to justify trying to kill someone, there's a good chance that shooting was not necessary or justified.
He was breaking into private property enough said. He got what he deserved. The home owner should be thanked for ending another criminals bright future of robbing and harming people.Instead in this idiotic society we live in we lock up the victim trying to defend himself and his property.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Send him to prison. There was another case like this in New York I believe. A black homeowner shot a white kid in his yard and he was sent to jail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
If the white kid was trying to break into his house, I would say it was a good shoot.
Agreed. It's NOT at all about the skin colour, it's about a stranger coming onto my property without my permission AND the intent to do criminal mischief to myself and my belongings. I work hard for my possessions AND I pay my taxes. No one at all deserves to steal them from me, I don't care how much they think they need them.

And why are homeowners held to a high standard than those who are poor? In the rough neighborhoods and in prisons, people get stabbed, shot and killed over a mere wrong look or a pack of cigarettes. They don't value their lives, so why should we?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,108,949 times
This is a different case than TM. Trying to link the two is doing a disservice to TM situation and the underlying issues that it brought it up.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 AM

690 posts, read 963,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Agreed. It's NOT at all about the skin colour, it's about a stranger coming onto my property without my permission AND the intent to do criminal mischief to myself and my belongings. I work hard for my possessions AND I pay my taxes. No one at all deserves to steal them from me, I don't care how much they think they need them.

And why are homeowners held to a high standard than those who are poor? In the rough neighborhoods and in prisons, people get stabbed, shot and killed over a mere wrong look or a pack of cigarettes. They don't value their lives, so why should we?
because civilized society is not like a prison, equating the two shows that ur crazy

Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Oh, where to address the lies you've stated above. Firstly, where is any proof that Zimmerman was a skinhead? Sanford, Florida is hardly the deep south. Trayvon did have stolen property and burglary tools in his possession. Trayvon was walking home, but doubled back to confront Zimmerman. And he attacked Zimmerman, which makes him violent.
To Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman looked like a skinhead, just as much as Martin looked like a punk to Zimmerman. I live in S. Florida and pass through Sanford at least once a year - it's deep south in attitude. When was the last time you were in Sanford? Trayvon did NOT have stolen property and burglary tools in his possession - he had a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles. According to Zimmerman, who has every reason to lie, Trayvon doubled back and attacked him. None of us know what really happened because, conveniently for Zimmerman, his victim is dead.

Quote:
The biggest lie of all is that Trayvon was not on drugs. YES he was.
Trace amounts of THC were found in his blood indicating that he has used Marijuana in the past, but not in the 24 hours preceding his death.
Quote:
The toxicology exam, which was conducted the morning after Mr. Martin was killed, found a mere 1.5 nanograms per milliliter of blood of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, in his body. This strongly suggests he had not ingested marijuana for at least 24 hours. This is also far below the THC levels that I have found necessary, in my experimental research on dozens of subjects, to induce intoxication: between 40 and 400 nanograms per milliliter. In fact, his THC levels were significantly lower than the sober, baseline levels of about 14 nanograms per milliliter of many of my patients, who are daily users. Mr. Martin could not have been intoxicated with marijuana at the time of the shooting; the amount of THC found in his system was too low for it to have had any meaningful effect on him. Scientist: Trayvon Martin's Marijuana Use Had Nothing to Do with the Night He Died | Alternet
Trayvon Martin was not "on drugs" the night Zimmerman killed him.

Quote:
Zimmerman had every right to get out of his truck in his neighborhood. What exactly is the point of neighborhood watch type organizations if they must ignore people of color? Which is what I'm seeing here - Trayvon should have been allowed to walk around unhindered because he was black. That is racist.
The best place to go for info on Neighborhood Watch is their volunteer manual, which states in bold type:
Quote:
REMEMBER: Community members only serve as the extra “eyes and ears” of law enforcement. They should report their observations of suspicious activities to law enforcement; however, citizens should never try to take action on those observations. Trained law enforcement should be the only ones ever to take action based on observations of suspicious activities. (italics are mine)

last page of http://www.usaonwatch.org/assets/pub...anual_1210.pdf
Trayvon Martin should have been allowed to walk around unhindered because he was not doing anything illegal.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You think they care about looking stupid?
How about we actually wait for "them" to do what you claim "they" are going to do before the criticism starts up?

Old 07-29-2013, 10:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
To Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman looked like a skinhead, just as much as Martin looked like a punk to Zimmerman. I live in S. Florida and pass through Sanford at least once a year - it's deep south in attitude. When was the last time you were in Sanford? Trayvon did NOT have stolen property and burglary tools in his possession - he had a can of iced tea and a bag of skittles. According to Zimmerman, who has every reason to lie, Trayvon doubled back and attacked him. None of us know what really happened because, conveniently for Zimmerman, his victim is dead.

Trace amounts of THC were found in his blood indicating that he has used Marijuana in the past, but not in the 24 hours preceding his death. Trayvon Martin was not "on drugs" the night Zimmerman killed him.

The best place to go for info on Neighborhood Watch is their volunteer manual, which states in bold type:
Trayvon Martin should have been allowed to walk around unhindered because he was not doing anything illegal.
Considering Zimmerman was taking action by getting the address, then returning to his car, I'd say he was following the manual.

Trayvon didn't have stolen property on him on the night in question. But he had in the past. Which makes him a not-so-nice kid.

A big question for you - how do you possibly know that Martin thought Zimmerman looked like a skinhead. Nobody knows that. In fact, Martin's girlfriend told him Zimmerman might be a gay guy looking to rape him. A skinhead gay rapist..........interesting.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
I bet the shooter in this case was like many of the Zimmerman supporters here. So pissed at the "media bias" and "unfair prosecution of Zimmerman" that he was just looking for an opportunity to defend his life, liberty and property from a "thug".

But he jumped the gun quite a bit. While it's very possible this kid would have entered his home to cause harm, it was NOT in progress at the time of the shooting. If you are afraid for your life, you stay in the house and call 911! You don't go outside to meet the danger (isn't that what many Zimmerman supporters wanted Trayvon to do? To just go home/call 911 to eliminate the threat? Now I see they're suddenly all about meeting the danger head on and saying calling 911 is useless. ).

Yet another case of a trigger-happy dolt. It's ironic really because in his attempt to protect his family, he's left them alone...possibly for many years.

The penalty for criminal trespassing is not death. The penalty for burglary (or even armed robbery) is not death. If this teen was troubled, he should've been arrested and prosecuted to the extent allowed by law, NOT shot by a trigger-happy gun zealot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies