Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:54 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Considering Zimmerman was taking action by getting the address, then returning to his car, I'd say he was following the manual.
No, he didn't. When he started following Trayvon he was "taking action," which was beyond the parameters set for neighborhood watch volunteers.

Quote:
Trayvon didn't have stolen property on him on the night in question. But he had in the past. Which makes him a not-so-nice kid.
A school resource officer found jewelry in Trayvon's back pack that he thought might be stolen. The school officer noted it on his report, but did nothing else about it. Having worked in MDCPS for 37 years and knowing a significant number of school resource officers during that time, I know how often they made mistakes with my students and how their preconceived notions frequently colored their interpretation of events. So, the fact that the officer did NOT follow up on these "stolen" goods speaks volumes to me. What he "thought" means nothing - he couldn't prove a thing. Offically, Trayvon was never in possession of stolen goods.

Quote:
A big question for you - how do you possibly know that Martin thought Zimmerman looked like a skinhead. Nobody knows that. In fact, Martin's girlfriend told him Zimmerman might be a gay guy looking to rape him. A skinhead gay rapist..........interesting.
I don't know and neither do you. Safe to say that a shaved head white guy relentlessly following you in his car and on foot would be scary to a 17 year old black teen. Scary enough to think that his life might be in danger. We know that Trayvon and Zimmerman got into a fight that Zimmerman was losing, so he killed Trayvon. We have only Zimmerman's story as to how/why the fight started - a self-serving account of events, if there ever was one.

Last edited by ray1945; 07-29-2013 at 11:31 AM..

Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He had the right to be everywhere except on top of George Zimmerman.
And ARMED GZ had every right to remain in his car and not chase innocent people down who knew how to defend themselves when he obviously did not.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
I don't think it matters. Even if the homeowner had the technical legal right to shoot (and I don't know whether he did or not, in this case) don't you think that he had an obligation to understand the situation and use some judgement here, that could have gotten the kid off his property without killing him? Yes, the kid had climbed the fence to get into his yard, and sure, the kid may have had bad intentions, but the homeowner, locked in his house with a gun and a dog, had options other than shooting the kid. The legal right to shoot is not an obligation to do so.
Exactly.

There's the little matter of taking a human life to consider.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:22 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Considering Zimmerman was taking action by getting the address, then returning to his car, I'd say he was following the manual.

Trayvon didn't have stolen property on him on the night in question. But he had in the past. Which makes him a not-so-nice kid.

A big question for you - how do you possibly know that Martin thought Zimmerman looked like a skinhead. Nobody knows that. In fact, Martin's girlfriend told him Zimmerman might be a gay guy looking to rape him. A skinhead gay rapist..........interesting.
And I suppose Zimmerman's past history of violence against women and law enforcement, in addition to possibly molesting a female relative makes him a stand-up guy, right? Amazing how that all works.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM

690 posts, read 963,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
And I suppose Zimmerman's past history of violence against women and law enforcement, in addition to possibly molesting a female relative makes him a stand-up guy, right? Amazing how that all works.
that gets conveniently overlooked by the gun nuts, while they keep making up TM's criminal record
somehow a guy with a record was found credible, while the victim without one was a "violent thug" all of a sudden

Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Also, the fact that Zimmerman's medical report states that he was definitely "on drugs" - Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but no one has accused him of being "on drugs." Definitely, amazing how that all works...

Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM

690 posts, read 963,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Also, the fact that Zimmerman's medical report states that he was definitely "on drugs" - Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but no one has accused him of being "on drugs." Definitely, amazing how that all works...
daamn, i dint even kno bout this
George Zimmerman Took Drugs With Violent Side Effects When He Killed Trayvon (DETAILS) | Global Grind
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, the drug is also known to cause “aggressiveness” and “hallucinations,” among other problematic symptoms.
After taking Temazepam, patients should not be walking around trying to watch anything or anyone. They are cautioned that if they do not sleep for at least 7-8 hours after taking the drug, they may experience memory loss.
Zimmerman was also on the often-abused prescription drug Adderall, which is known to cause "worsening mental or mood problems (eg, aggression, anxiety, delusions, depression, hallucination, hostility)."

GZ did exactly what is advised not to do while taking this drug, on top of disregarding the dispatcher

Old 07-29-2013, 11:43 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
you Trayvon losers just can't stop talking about Zimmerman. That isn't even the topic of this thread.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:48 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No, he didn't. When he started following Trayvon he was "taking action," which was beyond the parameters set for neighborhood watch volunteers.

A school resource officer found jewelry in Trayvon's back pack that he thought might be stolen. The school officer noted it on his report, but did nothing else about it. Having worked in MDCPS for 37 years and knowing a significant number of school resource officers during that time, I know how often they made mistakes with my students and how their preconceived notions frequently colored their interpretation of events. So, the fact that the officer did NOT follow up on these "stolen" goods speaks volumes to me. What he "thought" means nothing - he couldn't prove a thing. Offically, Trayvon was never in possession of stolen goods.

I don't know and neither do you. Safe to say that a shaved head white guy relentlessly following you in his car and on foot would be scary to a 17 year old black teen. Scary enough to think that his life might be in danger. We know that Trayvon and Zimmerman got into a fight that Zimmerman was losing, so he killed Trayvon. We have only Zimmerman's story as to how/why the fight started - a self-serving account of events, if there ever was one.
PROFILING. Exactly the point.

Old 07-29-2013, 12:50 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Nobody said Zimmerman was a stand-up guy. Your words, not mine. But Martin is portrayed as an innocent youth, which is also a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies