Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Where do all these divisive new race baiter posters come from and who pays them to come on here? The old ones were bad enough..... Eh, they're probably the same couple of guys under new aliases.
I was hoping the sequester would put an end to this nonsense.
Bingo! They're a lot of the same people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
True, we have to have more unity as American people, but as a black employer, do you not understand that there are some communities that are impacted more than others? For example, the black unemployment rate is 14% nation-wide and actually anywhere between 40-60% in areas like the South Side of Chicago, and throughout the inner city areas of NYC, and Atlanta.

Although unemployment is high amongst all groups, do you not see why it would be a disservice not to highlight the astronomically high unemployment rate amongst blacks, when speaking about the high unemployment overall for all Americans? This ties into why I believe blacks need to pay special attention to what is going on with respect to single parent homes. It's true that single parent homes are on the rise for all groups, but it's especially problematic in black neighborhoods, due to all of the other issues such as high unemployment and violence.

People learn by example. Can you really blame a young black boy who grows up without any real role models for identifying with black athletes, rappers or the drug dealers who appear to be successful on his block?

Where are the good role models in his immediate community? For this reason, I think black men such as yourself need to start gentrifying the inner cities of America. Pretty soon, the black boys would have the male role models in their very own neighborhood.

Also, the more resources a community has, the easier it is to get local politicians to address your concerns. If a huge number of middle/upper income black men moved into an inner city, they would be less inclined to tolerate drug dealing and violence in their community. These men would call the police and start an active neighborhood watch program.

But again, if you teach them and condition them to not think they need to use only a specific race as a role model, or to emulate, then you take away the need for black role models in communities. I am a role model in my community, and I will continue to be as such. I am involved in politics in my local community, state wide and on the national level. My congressional districts' Representative is a good friend and someone who listens to me and my advice.

I believe we need to teach children of all racial identities that the only person who can hold them back from success is themselves.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
Quote:
As I have already stated, the problem is, the inner city single moms are having the bulk of children for black folks, not the educated black wife.
It's not a black thing, it's a class thing. People on welfare have 3X as many kids as those not on welfare.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:49 AM

121 posts, read 142,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
But again, if you teach them and condition them to not think they need to use only a specific race as a role model, or to emulate, then you take away the need for black role models in communities. I am a role model in my community, and I will continue to be as such. I am involved in politics in my local community, state wide and on the national level. My congressional districts' Representative is a good friend and someone who listens to me and my advice.

I believe we need to teach children of all racial identities that the only person who can hold them back from success is themselves.
Children learn by example. If a child is socialized in a predominately poor area where education is not valued, but drug dealing is, he will more than likely follow his peers, drop out of school and sell drugs. This plays out every day across America.

Your local community is 98% white. I'm sure the young white boys and girls already have their parents, and other white folks serving as role models within Clinton, Illinois.

I am curious, please do not take offense to this question, but is your wife black (non mixed)? I ask because, in my experience, very few black men in the U.S. would feel comfortable living in a 98% white community, unless they were rich and had mega mansions and security.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's not a black thing, it's a class thing. People on welfare have 3X as many kids as those not on welfare.
I know, but again, the problem for blacks is, the only ones having the bulk of children are welfare moms, not the educated black wives. This means there are just far too many black children being reared in these dysfunctional impoverished environments, which to be honest, spells disaster for black folks.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,983 times
Quote:
Children learn by example. If a child is socialized in a predominately poor area where education is not valued, but drug dealing is, he will more than likely follow his peers, drop out of school and sell drugs. This plays out every day across America.

Your local community is 98% white. I'm sure the young white boys and girls already have their parents, and other white folks serving as role models within Clinton, Illinois.

I am curious, please do not take offense to this question, but is your wife black (non mixed)?
My wife is black.

Honestly you are part of the problem, you are want to keep everything separated by races. You think black should take care of black and white should take care of white etc...

I am glad I don't live with your outlook on that. in Clinton the community does not look at it this way, probably because we are predominately a conservative city and not liberal. Liberal communities typically try and keep the races separate. We have found we do not like living in liberal areas, which is one reason we do not like living in Chicago.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:56 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,772 times
Quote:
I didn't mention this in my original post, but I always look at the woman's hand. I rarely if ever, saw any wedding rings on the black woman that were out and about with their children.

Do you see a number of other black women alone with their children on weekends, or have you not noticed this at all in your community?
I haven't worn my ring in years. Gained weight. Need to get it resized. You should stop staring at people before you get into an altercation. But, then again, I don't believe half of what you say you've observed here.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
My wife is black.
Your wife is black, and not mixed? I know black folks call everything black, even women such as Mariah Carey are somehow black.

Quote:
Honestly you are part of the problem, you are want to keep everything separated by races. You think black should take care of black and white should take care of white etc...
As much as you may want to deny it, race is still a major issue in this nation. I don't think I'm part of the problem because in all honesty I see people as they are. But I'm also in-tuned to my environment, which allows me to notice trends. Back in the day, I was one of those people who didn't believe the 70% stat, because I fell for the excuse that many black folks gave, such as, many of the so called single women have live-in boyfriends helping out or the fathers may not be in the home but they are still active in their child's life. But then I started to realize through random conversations with people and the experiences of my black female friends, family and just general observations (such as constantly spotting a lot of black women alone with children, while other races of women have their men right by their side) that there was a serious problem amongst black folks with respect to the family structure.

This may surprise you but I'm not a liberal. I'm actually extremely conservative with respect to family, religion and values. I stopped voting a long time ago in national elections, because both parties in my view are one in the same. But I still participate in local elections, because many of the people running live in the community, so they are more likely to follow through with the promises that they make during the various election cycles.

Quote:
I am glad I don't live with your outlook on that. in Clinton the community does not look at it this way, probably because we are predominately a conservative city and not liberal. Liberal communities typically try and keep the races separate. We have found we do not like living in liberal areas, which is one reason we do not like living in Chicago.
I don't believe there should be any restrictions with where people choose to live. I just pointed out that white children in Clinton already have their two parent family role models, but black children on the South Side of Chicago do not.

For this reason, I thought it would be a good idea for professional black men, such as yourself to gentrify those communities and serve as an example, so that impoverished black children have some regular, every day role model to look up, like many white and Asian children.

Apparently, this is just asking for too much, I guess.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,707 times
OP children need role models PERIOD. It's should not matter if they're what race they are. It's not a race thing. In today's society, it's more common for kids to be born out of wedlock, and it's more common for women to get custody. This means that even if the father wanted to be around, he's normally is only allowed to see his children 4x a month (every other weekend). This also means that the father is around, but the children are with the mother's more often. Also, I worked a lot when I was with the mother of my children, and she had more time with the kids. If you would have see her in the mall, you're retarded perception would have been the same.

Maybe the problem is that people aren't getting married and family courts bias towards men rather than it being a racial issue... Stop race bating...

Old 07-28-2013, 09:11 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
This may indeed be a controversial topic, but I have noticed something very apparent lately. When I'm out and about, in majority black and mixed communities, I rarely see black dads out and about with their children (i.e. at the mall, grocery store, sporting events, concerts, parks, etc). I usually always see black women alone with their children or with other women (perhaps a sister, friend, mother, aunt, niece etc).

On the other hand, whenever the children are present with a white, or Asian women, I often always see a guy around too, out and about with them.

Please do not take offense to this post. I am just writing from my own experience. Please let me know if you have noticed this as well. If not, next time you're out and about especially if you live in a mixed or predominately black area, do an informal count for yourself, and see if you don't notice this trend too.

I obviously did not perform a scientific study, but I think this is the real reason why there is so much crime in urban areas. Male children need discipline and female children need protection from male attention at young ages. Without a caring father present, a host of problems usually result, in the short and long term.
Where do you live? Not saying what you are seeing is not true but my personal experience where I live runs counter to what you see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies