Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

yes its very unfair we go from tough love to tough sh-----
i understand the abuse of employers of the employed in our employment at will system
what i do not understand is americans hatred of unions and union members.
u would think they would connect the dots.
employers treat u bad bek they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,409,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Edison View Post
Employers aren't in the business of giving people jobs. They are in the business of making money with the least expenditure possible. There's no reason they should have to hand out jobs like candy.

If you want a job, go to an employment agency. Become a contractor.
No jobs(nobody working)>No money to spend>No business

Old 07-28-2013, 08:26 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
I would never hire someone who sits on a couch for months on end. They're dependents with no initiative. Do SOMETHING with that time and maybe they'll get a job.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
There are many unemployed so it's wrong for an employer to pick the very best applicant to suit the needs of what he is looking for?

I don't understand this line of thinking.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Would you be a dear and explain how the government forces employers to drug test, create human resource departments that consistently botch things and rule out folks who have lost their previous jobs?
O.K. We have very strict governmental regulations we must operate under. To maintain these standards an employee must be sober. There are very large fines if there is a mistake. Are you really trying to argue that we shouldn't drug test to make sure we stay within these governmental regulations?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are many unemployed so it's wrong for an employer to pick the very best applicant to suit the needs of what he is looking for?

I don't understand this line of thinking.
Now, would you be a dear as well and explain how ruling out people who have lost their previous jobs constitutes finding the "very best" applicants?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
O.K. We have very strict governmental regulations we must operate under. To maintain these standards an employee must be sober. There are very large fines if there is a mistake. Are you really trying to argue that we shouldn't drug test to make sure we stay within these governmental regulations?
Explain which private industries are required to drug test their employees prior to and during employment.

Your response is going to be another test of your integrity and honesty.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I would never hire someone who sits on a couch for months on end. They're dependents with no initiative. Do SOMETHING with that time and maybe they'll get a job.
Sounds like 75% of this forum, including most of your favorite posters.

You're not so stupid as to believe most people who are unemployed want to stay unemployed, are you?

Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Now, would you be a dear as well and explain how ruling out people who have lost their previous jobs constitutes finding the "very best" applicants?
I know many people that have lost their previous jobs and then landed new jobs. Yes, you may find an employer here or there that would prefer to simply skip trying to find out the reason they lost their previous job but unless you can show that it's more than a random thing there really isn't much to discuss.

One should note also that if someone gets hired that already has a job that leaves an opening for someone else.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Explain which private industries are required to drug test their employees prior to and during employment.

Your response is going to be another test of your integrity and honesty.
Which? I have no idea who all has to. Not a clue.

That isn't what you asked. I addressed what you asked and then you switched your argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies