Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we greatly limit or ban people with incompatible political ideologies from immigrating to Ame
Yes 16 42.11%
No 22 57.89%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:58 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You did elaborate more in the prior thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/30684187-post36.html

I'm a little lost how we are going to screen on immigrant political ideology, particularly because you attribute that it accumulates en mass. A somewhat reoccurring topic on P&OC is whether Islamic immigration should be curtailed or stopped , which was included as a poll choice in your prior topic (I asked you which of your poll selections you had chosen, but you didn't reply), bringing religious ideology also into the mix. A City-Data poll really isn't a valid indicator of public perception either.

Let's say for the sake of the argument, that a prospective immigrant being interviewed in a U.S. Consulate (in this example, Mexico, U.K., Canada, or a wide variety of other countries) lets it drop that their country's ban on personal weapons is a grand idea to keep the peace (that wouldn't be my wife by the way, she loves the ability to fire a gun)...

Do we lawfully admit that person?...
..would they vote for candidates who would force that view on the America people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
..would they vote for candidates who would force that view on the America people?
Prefaced with "Hopefully not until they are naturalized."

So if there is legislation properly going through all aspects and balances (the 2nd Amendment would need a ruling by SCOTUS to be measurably changed), originated under enough of a vote by U.S. citizens, it would hopefully be derailed by this protectionist scheme if it doesn't fit your views?...

That's quite a twist on "I don't want immigrants unless they are identical to my politics"...

Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Prefaced with "Hopefully not until they are naturalized."

So if there is legislation properly going through all aspects and balances (the 2nd Amendment would need a ruling by SCOTUS to be measurably changed), originated under enough of a vote by U.S. citizens, it would hopefully be derailed by this protectionist scheme if it doesn't fit your views?...

That's quite a twist on "I don't want immigrants unless they are identical to my politics"...
well yes, if you don't value liberty, freedom, limited government, and firearm ownership, why would you come to America? that is like moving to Mexico and hating Mexicans.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,062,294 times
Liberty, freedom, democracy, capitalism and academia. Those are the most important values of America. If someone doesn't care to fight for those, they have no business here. Other values, while important, are secondary.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:04 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,835,771 times
Quote:
well yes, if you don't value liberty, freedom, limited government, and firearm ownership, why would you come to America? that is like moving to Mexico and hating Mexicans.
For an immigrant (I have the observation of four of them) it's not usually as complex as you are making it. The aspect of firearm ownership didn't come into the initial decision at all, it was me having weapons that I wanted my family to be familiar with. As for the other attributes you list, the United States doesn't have a lock on those traits, and in some cases may not be the best representation of them in the world.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM

808 posts, read 661,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
What's "billsh*t?" Oh wait, you're talking about The O' Reilly Factor, aren't you?
no, I am talking about YOU

Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
For an immigrant (I have the observation of four of them) it's not usually as complex as you are making it. The aspect of firearm ownership didn't come into the initial decision at all, it was me having weapons that I wanted my family to be familiar with. As for the other attributes you list, the United States doesn't have a lock on those traits, and in some cases may not be the best representation of them in the world.
That is a fact, and that is sad...

Old 10-07-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Liberty, freedom, democracy, capitalism and academia. Those are the most important values of America. If someone doesn't care to fight for those, they have no business here. Other values, while important, are secondary.
Amen.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:01 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,697,206 times
Quote:
How are we Harmful?

We are not wanting the to dilute this nations cultures with massive immigration with people who do not share our ideals?
We are not the ones limiting America from becoming energy independent,
We are not the ones wanting to limit the Firearms Rights of Law Abiding Americas.
We are not the ones calling those with conflicting ideologies, "Racist" "Nazis' "and "Domestic Terrorist"

We are harmful?
You don't have a culture in America. Unless, you call culture the stealing of everyone elses..

As for racist and Nazi, well if the shoe fits...I had someone tell me friday to my face that because of political thoughts that I will soon end up hung or shot...give you two guess what his political affiliation is.

Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
You don't have a culture in America. Unless, you call culture the stealing of everyone elses..

As for racist and Nazi, well if the shoe fits...I had someone tell me friday to my face that because of political thoughts that I will soon end up hung or shot...give you two guess what his political affiliation is.
Stealing? really?

So if we dont want to reward people who broke the law and go bankrupt in the name of "feel good policies" we are "Racists" or "Nazis"?

Well you are more at harm with leftist here is the body count

funny lets look at how violent left wing nuts are.

Assassinations
-----------------
Abraham Lincoln ----> John Wilkes Booth (Democrat)
James A. Garfield ----> Charles J. Guiteau (Insane)
William McKinley ----> Leon Czolgosz (Left-Wing)
John F. Kennedy ----> Lee Harvey Oswald (Left-Wing)

Robert Kennedy (Sen) ----> Sirhan Sirhan (Left-Wing)
Leo Ryan (Repr) ----> Jim Jones & People's Temple (Insane, Left-Wing)
Cornelius Springer Hamilton ----> Hamilton (Insane)
James Hinds (Repr) ----> George A. Clark (Democrat)
John Pinckney (Repr) ----> Unidentified Lawyer (Democrat)
Huey Long (Sen) ----> Dr. Carl Adam Weiss (Unknown)

Dr. Martin Luther King ----> James Earl Ray (Democrat)
Malcom X ----> Talmadge Hayer (Left-Wing)

Attempts
-----------------
Andrew Jackson ----> Richard Lawrence (Insane)
Theodore Roosevelt ----> John F. Schrank (Insane)
Franklin D. Roosevelt ----> Giuseppe Zangara (Left-Wing, Insane)
Harry S Truman ----> Collazo & Torresola (Left-Wing)
John F. Kennedy ----> Richard Paul Pavlick (Insane)
Richard M. Nixon ----> Arthur Bremer (Insane)
Richard M. Nixon ----> Samuel Byck (Left-Wing)
Gerald R. Ford ----> Lynette Fromme (Left-Wing, Insane)
Gerald R. Ford ----> Sara Jane Moore (Left-Wing)
James E. Carter ----> Raymond Lee Harvey (Insane)
Ronald Reagan ----> John Hinckley, Jr. (Insane)
Bill Clinton ----> Francisco Martin Duran (Insane)
George W. Bush ----> Vladimir Arutyunian (Left-Wing)

Gabrielle Giffords (Repr) ----> Jared Lee Loughner (Insane)
Alvin M. Bentley (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Clifford Davis (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Ben F. Jensen (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
George Hyde Fallon (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)
Kenneth Roberts (Repr) ----> 4 Puerto Rican nationalists (Left-Wing)

George Wallace ----> Herman Bremer (Left-Wing)

And hey, you want to add 30,000,000 people to this nation which a really bad economy, who will vote for candidates and policies that are antithetical to the views, and principles to this nation...do you really think the patriots of America will lay down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies