Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
On a personal note, do you think you'll ever run out of other people to blame for your own problems and failures before you die?
I learned from my failures and I currently don't have any problems that I blame on others. I'm satisfied how my life turned out and I'm optimistic about the future. So me criticizing the white supremacist culture isn't the same thing as blaming problems on others. Close but no cigar "The More You Know"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:57 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Pretty tame stuff but it ignited some pretty ugly comments from the Left in response including from our delusional friends on MSNBC.

CNN's Don Lemon: Bill O'Reilly's Criticism Of Black Community "Doesn't Go Far Enough" | RealClearPolitics
I think we should at least applaud you for posting something from a gay person in what you think is a positive light. good for you.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
its not about blame its about change. we need change in our hearts and in our minds. the dream that many of us had and were urged to have by MLK was not 9,000 homicides a year of black on black violence.
pull your pants up and put your gun down. u dont get respect with a gun u get a prison sentence and another dead young man trying to get him some respect.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Many white supremacist are his audience. That's who he plays to. Anti Mexican immigration, anti black, you name it and he's for it. You don't have to be in the Klan to stoke fear of what's different!
Big difference between protectionism and racism. If 20,000,000.00 undocumented Russians flooded our country the exact same people would be freaking out.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
I thought the OP did not like gays, Don Lemon is gay.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,744,768 times
One thing the left absolutely hates is when a Black, Latino, Woman or Gay doesn't agree with them. Lemon is just pointing out the obvious and it's sad that it's such a revolutionary thing to say. This is the message black leaders and high profile blacks should be sending on a regular basis. It's a message that can actually help. Sadly, there's no room for diversity on the left.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:32 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bill O'Reilly and Don Lemon are absolutely correct. It seems the only people to not understand this are apathetic black people.

So you now agree with Don Lemon, ok.

Don Lemon Blasts Ben Ferguson on Racial Profiling: Who Are You Saying We Not Having That Experience? - YouTube

You should also watch the video and not go by what the OP has posted. The entire first 2 minutes of the video is Don Lemon correcting FOX.

Also, no, Don Lemon and O'reilly are not correct. The fact that fatherless children in other ethnic groups do better than blacks shows that the problem is farm more complex than the B.S. O'Reilly is peddling.

Last edited by dsjj251; 07-28-2013 at 10:50 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
One thing the left absolutely hates is when a Black, Latino, Woman or Gay doesn't agree with them. Lemon is just pointing out the obvious and it's sad that it's such a revolutionary thing to say. This is the message black leaders and high profile blacks should be sending on a regular basis. It's a message that can actually help. Sadly, there's no room for diversity on the left.
Its funny, when Don Lemon says something you right wingers disagree with like his other comments on racism and gay marriage, you want to label him a racist. Now that he says something you agree with, he is a saint, LOL. It is hilarious.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Here's a tweet from Goldie Taylor from MSNBC.
Goldie Taylor works for both CNN and MSNBC. I guess you right wingers take every attempt you can to attack the left... even though a couple of days ago you were calling Don Lemon a racist.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:06 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
It's quite cultish.......if you break off the hive talking points, you get shunned instantly.....I applaud Lemon for his honesty on this issue. Though he too didn't go far enuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies