Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times

Advertisements

Birth control pills and condoms are free at Planned Parenthood. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Can't afford a baby? DON'T HAVE ONE. There already is a program to help poor people get diapers but this is getting out of hand and these people are the ones breeding.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I can't count the number of children that nearly didn't survive because their parents had the audacity to use bleach to clean cloth diapers.
Bleach allergies are way more common than you might think, and if you want to see blistered, oozing, nuclear, "diaper rash" from h*ll, try putting a bleached cloth diaper on a baby who's allergic to bleach, even if it's been rinsed numerous times. My son didn't get it from my husband or me--my children are adopted. I'm one of the 15% of people who can roll around in poison ivy with no problems.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:01 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
I wonder if you can trade your free phone for free diapers.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Can't afford a baby? DON'T HAVE ONE. There already is a program to help poor people get diapers but this is getting out of hand and these people are the ones breeding.
Multi-Generational Freeloading, and future Democrat voters.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:13 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Multi-Generational Freeloading, and future Democrat voters.
The use of food stamps is more prevalent in Republican-leaning counties.
Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know

So much for your theory...

Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
typical...you are to poor to be poor thread.

going to the laundry mat does not just entail the cost of the washer and dryers.

add the cost of laundry supplies and paying to get to the laundy mat. Unlike towles and underwear, diapers don't hold up till the end of the week wash. they have urine and fecal matter. having to run to the laundry mat every other day is a chore. not to mention if you have a newborn in tow.

Look past your prejudices to see all sides of an issue.
Wow here we go again ... EVERY neighborhood I have lived in had a laundromat within walking distance, so what if you need to go every other day, you are not working. You always wash out as much as you can before you put the diaper in the bag. She doesn't have a husband, sister, mother, etc. to watch the new born while she tends to the laundry?

"You" in this context being the subject in question, not literally any person posting here.**

And AGAIN, if you can't afford to tend to your child's basic needs, you can't afford a child.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
BS. Tulani described above how the cloth diapers can be cleaned - and that is not that difficult.
You are missing the point. It might not be hard for a highly educated couple who will read about the best way to clean them, and then have the willingness to implement it.

But those people are not that poor. Poor people are not highly educated, they don't do a lot of research and their work ethic is often lacking. If they started using cloths diapers then it would probably end up with the baby getting an infection because they don't clean it well enough. And they would hate it because it creates extra work, and its disgusting.

The point that you conviniently cropped out. If people in the US become so poor they can't buy diapers then they will do what they were doing in China where previously most families could not afford it. They would cut a hole in the back of the pants. If they do it inside, they will clean it up. If it is outside then they will just ignore it

Hence, in my opinion subsidizing diapers is probably a smart thing to do if people can't afford it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The use of food stamps is more prevalent in Republican-leaning counties.
Food Stamp Use is Highest in Red States: The Truth Republicans Do Not Want You to Know

So much for your theory...

I get sick of this tired red herring

States dont use food stamps and how do you classify a state as Red

Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
Wow here we go again ... EVERY neighborhood I have lived in had a laundromat within walking distance, so what if you need to go every other day, you are not working. You always wash out as much as you can before you put the diaper in the bag. She doesn't have a husband, sister, mother, etc. to watch the new born while she tends to the laundry?
A lot of people don't. Most poor parents, are single mothers. Of course relatives can take care of your kids once in a while, but not all the time.

Also, I don't think people want to do that. I promise you that bag of old clothes diapers will stink really badly. And you are supposed to bring that to a public laundromat that is maybe a couple km away. They rather just pay a little bit more to buy disposable diapers.

And if people get so poor they can't afford those either, then they won't start using clothes diapers. They won't their kids diapers at all. Just cut a hole at the back.

Quote:
And AGAIN, if you can't afford to tend to your child's basic needs, you can't afford a child.
But people do get kids even if they can't afford it. Even in the poorest areas in the world where half of the children die before they are 5, people still get kids.

Telling poor people to not get kids won't work. You need to have a society that gives opportunities for all children, including the ones from poor families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies