Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 09:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times

Advertisements

This thread should move in to the parenting forum. lol
Its truly not a political controversy how to clean a poop diaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,201,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So what are you getting at ? That poor people don't know how to scrub clothes ?

Are the poor today above washing diapers because they can't afford the luxury of disposables ?
No--that scrubbing them in the bathtub isn't as easy of a plan as you claim.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
People, don't you all see that you are doing an uphill job here?

mb1547 already decided - the woman has to be on a taxpayer's tab for diapers otherwise you all are heartless selfish conservatives
Or as one poster thinks against women.......

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
The last time you checked you would be wrong. We looked at more than a dozen apartments for one of my sons this summer (he wants to go the apartment route this year with friends vs. the dorm), and most of the more affordably priced ones had no hook up for a washer. I've never seen a "portable" washing machine--especially a used one for under $100--that you could attach to the sink in an apartment. A dishwasher yes--a washing machine, no.
Around here the subsided/income restricted apartments are nicer than the full price ones. I often wonder how those companies make money.

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
The last time you checked you would be wrong. We looked at more than a dozen apartments for one of my sons this summer (he wants to go the apartment route this year with friends vs. the dorm), and most of the more affordably priced ones had no hook up for a washer. I've never seen a "portable" washing machine--especially a used one for under $100--that you could attach to the sink in an apartment. A dishwasher yes--a washing machine, no.
LOL..it's called the kitchen sink

Portable washing machine that hooks up to your kitchen sink:

Purchase the Haier Portable Top-Load Washer at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Your point is what? Americans are lazy?

What did our forefathers (foremothers) do before washers/dryers and diapers?

HUH?
Probably thinks people had maids and such........ only the poor have worries like these.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
I did it for a year until I got a washing machine.
And went 3 times a week to my parents place and did a laundry there.

It's as easy or as hard as you want to make it to be.
I didn't think a thing of it..just another daily chore before bedtime.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:40 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,024,746 times
Quote:
So freeloaders should never ever have to do anything hard ever,like washing their own offsprings diapers.The gov should take my money and buy them landfill fodder even though I worked 10 hrs and cleaned my kids diapers that nite cause I don't qualify cause I work,BS thinking

Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
So now Americans don't have sinks either?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,385 times
Quote:

Clothes washers don't use special connections. The water line is a hose connection, just like the one on the outside of your house, you can get an adapter to connect a hose to your kitchen sink. The electric plug is a simple 110Volt 15 Amp 3 prong connection, will fit in any household outlet. The drain line is the easiest, it's a hose with no connection-but I'd put something heavy on it to keep it in the sink, the water can flow out with moderate force when the machine drains.

Alright, what's the next firstworld crisis for me to solve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies