U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM

15,087 posts, read 11,517,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Knowledge is spooky. Making observations through study and experimentation of our natural world is very bad...
Damn right! Science and knowledge is clearly the work of Satan!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,424,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're a grown person on the internet mocking and calling names and they're bitter?
Yep, that's what I said.
So can you answer that poster's question, then?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 PM

6,811 posts, read 3,105,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Knowledge is spooky. Making observations through study and experimentation of our natural world is very bad...
Science is fantastic, but one still needs be skeptical because science is only as good as the people reporting it and that's the problem. Progressives have adopted "Science" as their Religion and are feeling pretty smug about it (they actually refer to themselves as the "Intellectual Elite" ), but like Religion there are charlatans galore in the fields of Science and Academia who's use "Science" to suit their own professional, political and economic goals. Like Religious leaders they have hordes of blind followers who worship at the altar of something they don't understand. One need look no further than "Global Warming" to see how humans can create false "Science" for profit and power.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Yep, that's what I said.
So can you answer that poster's question, then?
Sorry, the irony of you calling people names as you claim they're bitter made me lose track of the actual question. What was it?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM

4,839 posts, read 3,424,600 times
Quote:
Sorry, the irony of you calling people names as you claim they're bitter made me lose track of the actual question. What was it?
(Always wondered: When someone whines about the "elite," what, exactly, are they saying about themselves?)

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,538,721 times
Some people find life far more comforting when all they have to do is believe instead of always having to ask questions. Religion is belief. Science is questioning.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM

30,736 posts, read 16,968,992 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/ma...pagewanted=all

Until you find people like in the above link that makes you wonder how many more are out there....

Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
(Always wondered: When someone whines about the "elite," what, exactly, are they saying about themselves?)
I get it. That's your cutesy little saying. I saw you posted it in another thread as well. You support the elites. I don't blame you, there's good money in that.

Me, I'm a populist on the side of the Middle Class and the poor. There's not much money in it, but I'd rather be on the side of the people than the 1%'ers.

Different strokes.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some people find life far more comforting when all they have to do is believe instead of always having to ask questions. Religion is belief. Science is questioning.
Couldn't disagree more strongly. Most people, the vast majority even, who worship Science as their God are doing nothing more than believing what is told to them by CNN and their leaders. Zero difference from people who believe whatever their Preacher tells them to believe.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM

8,101 posts, read 4,784,139 times
Quote:
Couldn't disagree more strongly. Most people, the vast majority even, who worship Science as their God are doing nothing more than believing what is told to them by CNN and their leaders. Zero difference from people who believe whatever their Preacher tells them to believe.
Absolutely..just because you CAN falsify science, doesn't mean humans are impervious to being shammed. Science definitely becomes dogmatic when people don't have the resources, capacity or desire to test it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or