U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Londonderry, NH
41,505 posts, read 49,566,735 times
Reputation: 24548

Advertisements

I am a scientist and I do not worship "SCIENCE" because there is nothing to worship. Science is a collection of techniques along with a modicum of proven facts that fit the observed information. Many of the facts become disproven when more accurate observations are made. Science is a way to discover what is instead of what they told me is.

All religions state with the postulate that there is a Supreme Being called GOD. That is their first mistake. Their second is trying to make me and others believe anyway
.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:42 PM
 
10,713 posts, read 11,416,913 times
Reputation: 4751
The far right never ends with their non-stop stupidity, not that that's a bad thing. It brings non-stop entertainment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
13,720 posts, read 24,623,427 times
Reputation: 9173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yeah (not) for Kentucky wanting to keep their religious dogma instead of teaching kids true science and critical thinking skills.

Yes, the sky daddy is what created all the things around you. there is no such thing as evolution!



Next Generation Science Standards In Kentucky Draw Hostility From Religious Groups
So you say "Kentucky"

Do you mean the state, all the people in the state, or something else? Read the article and it says a religious group. Not the state. Get real please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:43 PM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,426,499 times
Reputation: 1833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I get it. That's your cutesy little saying. I saw you posted it in another thread as well. You support the elites. I don't blame you, there's good money in that.

Me, I'm a populist on the side of the Middle Class and the poor. There's not much money in it, but I'd rather be on the side of the people than the 1%'ers.

Different strokes.
That's my cutesy saying? I have no idea what you're talking about. I was quoting what someone else said in regards to conservatives always mentioning "the elite".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,786,910 times
Reputation: 1578
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The far right never ends with their non-stop stupidity, not that that's a bad thing. It brings non-stop entertainment
I understand, in haste, redundant statements present themselves from time to time..But you might want to check for them before you go on calling people "stupid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 PM
 
48,898 posts, read 39,401,698 times
Reputation: 30554
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Certainly, the poor mans' ignorance and superstition should be followed, instead. Way to go!
What about the OP's ignorance in blaming KY when the state instituted the new standards by citing the objections of some religious extremists?

Holy broken logic batman!

I guess if Illinois passes some tougher rape sentencing laws and some crackpots disagree we can start a thead about how Illinois is populated by backwards cavemen that just want to rape people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 01:37 PM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
54,160 posts, read 38,246,439 times
Reputation: 26655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Knowledge is spooky. Making observations through study and experimentation of our natural world is very bad...
Yeah! Damn those troublemakers who watched birds fly and apples fall from trees and figured out how and why!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
 
8,101 posts, read 4,786,910 times
Reputation: 1578
Why do CD users that are Atheist/Agnostic make dry religious jokes every time an objective argument against Science pops up? (NOT the original posters argument)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 01:46 PM
Sco
 
4,259 posts, read 4,086,519 times
Reputation: 3352
With Kentucky picking up the sunflower state's previously discarded battle flag in the war against science at least the few normal people left in Kansas can breathe a little easier. It seems like there is a daily game of red states fighting for the stupidity prize like Kansas and Kentucky trying to teach creationism in the public schools or Virginia and Louisiana trying to outdo each other in a pursuit to be recognized as the most anti-gay state in the union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 01:51 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,683,851 times
Reputation: 2797
It looks like a few school boards should have focused a little more on reading. The state of Kentucky nor the majority of its residents did any such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top