Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 06:01 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,084 times

Advertisements

Snowden was stupid.

If he had a bit more wits about him he would have waited until a Republican was in office. The media would have then been concerned about the government's spying and the collection of data. Also, the government's attempts to hunt him down would have been portrayed as the harassment and attempted silencing of a whistle blower. Snowden would be viewed as a modern day Woodward and Bernstein by every media outlet that isn't FOX News. Plus, he would probably be pardoned by the next Democrat to take office.

Unfortunately, he did this while The Chosen One is in power. Now he has conservatives who fawn over the idea of an all-powerful surveillance state who are freaking out like if Snowden just sold a nuclear warhead to Al Qaeda. He also has partisan liberals (which unfortunately seem to be the majority of liberals) who are angered that Snowden added another scandal to The Chosen One's Administration and Snowden must pay for the greatest crime that one can commit. Insulting the King.

So basically Snowden just has the support of libertarians, the few non-partisan liberals out there, and a few conservatives who believe that Fascist and Conservative are not synonyms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 07:43 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,086,255 times
Default NSA is just the tip of the Iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Snowden was stupid.

If he had a bit more wits about him he would have waited until a Republican was in office.
Given the nefarious potential of modern day surveillance technology it's possible that a Republican won't soon be back in office. Just look what that 47% video did to Mitt Romney's campaign.

Thank God that whistleblower Edward Snowden is safe and hopefully more brave people will now step forward to expose the rampant corruption within the FBI and DHS. What corruption you say? Just watch this video at 02:29 to hear the shocking story of DHS whistleblower Julia Davis.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
"Russia Today" channel :
Chinese media on Snowden: Washington 'ate the dirt' this time ? RT News

Old 08-08-2013, 04:23 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I hope this guy keeps talking. We need to clean up our act before trying to impose it on the rest of the world.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
How has my life been impacted?

It hasnt. Government abuses power and breaks the law? Who knew?

Old 08-08-2013, 04:40 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I hope this guy keeps talking. We need to clean up our act before trying to impose it on the rest of the world.
What I find amusing is some people actually think the Chinese and Russians don't already have every bit of information Snowden stole.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:04 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,472,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Given the nefarious potential of modern day surveillance technology it's possible that a Republican won't soon be back in office. Just look what that 47% video did to Mitt Romney's campaign.

Thank God that whistleblower Edward Snowden is safe and hopefully more brave people will now step forward to expose the rampant corruption within the FBI and DHS. What corruption you say? Just watch this video at 02:29 to hear the shocking story of DHS whistleblower Julia Davis.

A great video upload, thanks for reminding me why I like RT news. repd

Old 08-08-2013, 05:28 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,840,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
A great video upload, thanks for reminding me why I like RT news. repd
It looks like RT is a reliable source of information. Anyways, I don't feel like I was brainwashed there.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:50 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Yes RT is quite reliable for finding out whats going on IN THIS COUNTRY!!

Make no mistake of that!!

Old 12-17-2013, 03:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
The fugitive is now trying to sell his stuff to Brazil. The beach is better than a Putin 10 by 12 apartment maybe?

Edward Snowden Pens 'Open Letter' Offering To Help Brazil Investigate U.S. Spying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies