Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:44 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
More power to him and I wish them well. We've reached the tipping point in this country. Equality means equality for everyone. If other groups are allowed to unit and form "unions", clubs, celebrate their history, then whites and those of European decent should enjoy the same without being called racist or hate groups. Now, skinheads, and their counterparts the Black Panthers are another story.
I'm pretty sure the mission statement of the NAACP doesn't mention "genocide" or "enemies of black people".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 03:46 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Well, according to another previous poster, ALL ethnicity-based celebrations are wrong. Are you saying that's not the case?

Yes, I am. There is nothing wrong with ethnicity-based celebrations. If a group wants to have a celebration, that's fine as far as I am concerned. I don't understand why someone would have objections.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM

16,545 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yawn. I'm white as the driven snow, but I don't feel the need to have a little club to celebrate it. I don't worry about minorities "taking over" the U.S. I don't wake up every day and start threads on anonymous forums about how whites are getting terrible deal, and blacks should just **** because, well, just because.

Never once in my life as a white person have any of these things bothered me. I've already hit the jackpot, pigment-wise, and I know it. To me its seems whiny and churlish to demand "equality" when the entire Western world already revolves around me and my race.

Still, I suppose if it's all you've got to be proud of, go for it. I just won't be surprised if this cute little club turns into something nastier. That's what always seems to happen when whites get together to celebrate being the world's most dominant race. I can't imagine why.
No it would seem based on what little I know of you from these few posts that you are more inclined to post on anonymous forums taking what you perceive as the enlightened view about how white privilege still exists. Assuming you are white and not self loathing or suffer from liberal white guilt, what is your view of whites becoming a minority in a country they founded and made mostly what it is today?

As was pointed out in the book Suicide of a Superpower, never in recorded history has an ethnic minority become the majority in a society without it being due to the spoils of war. As to blacks being the focus, rest assured the fastest growing minority group in this country are browns of various ethnic backgrounds. What is worse is that they are not just doing it via birthrates by American citizens, rather it is all the illegals coming in, having anchor babies, then getting every imaginable government assistance plan. California is going broke in large part because of so many resources going to care for browns, with them contributing very little back in revenues. Yet everything, even absurd benefits are afforded to them, all because they broke our laws and came into the country illegally. Heck even an illegal is eligible for in state tuition compared with an American citizen who pays out of state tuition, (sometimes quadruple) coming from a neighboring state. That of course assumes they will pay anything at all because of all the "need based financial grants and assistance".

Yet the liberal minded of CA seem to think it will all work out somehow, so they keep re-electing the same old people who continue to run the state into financial ruin.

`

Old 08-01-2013, 03:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So, it is not ok for whites to have pride but ok for others? Anyone who views another race with contempt is an enemy of them.
Pride based on what?

Racial pride is one of the dumbest concepts known to man.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
As was pointed out in the book Suicide of a Superpower
by Pat Buchanan, who asks the question, "will America survive to 2025?" and implores the U.S. to become a white Christian theocracy lest it collapse.

It's quite clear where you're coming from.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:58 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
I have just learned from another thread that white culture is the same thing as American culture and involves owning a gun, eating hot dogs and baking apple pies. So I assume this is some sort of cutthroat, survivor take all, picnicking club.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pride based on what?

Racial pride is one of the dumbest concepts known to man.
It's weird, isn't it. Has to be because they don't have anything else to celebrate. Very sad.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:04 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default what backwards idiots

White Student Union = Klan. No surprise though. Georgia.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
No it would seem based on what little I know of you from these few posts that you are more inclined to post on anonymous forums taking what you perceive as the enlightened view about how white privilege still exists. Assuming you are white and not self loathing or suffer from liberal white guilt, what is your view of whites becoming a minority in a country they founded and made mostly what it is today?

As was pointed out in the book Suicide of a Superpower, never in recorded history has an ethnic minority become the majority in a society without it being due to the spoils of war. As to blacks being the focus, rest assured the fastest growing minority group in this country are browns of various ethnic backgrounds. What is worse is that they are not just doing it via birthrates by American citizens, rather it is all the illegals coming in, having anchor babies, then getting every imaginable government assistance plan. California is going broke in large part because of so many resources going to care for browns, with them contributing very little back in revenues. Yet everything, even absurd benefits are afforded to them, all because they broke our laws and came into the country illegally. Heck even an illegal is eligible for in state tuition compared with an American citizen who pays out of state tuition, (sometimes quadruple) coming from a neighboring state. That of course assumes they will pay anything at all because of all the "need based financial grants and assistance".

Yet the liberal minded of CA seem to think it will all work out somehow, so they keep re-electing the same old people who continue to run the state into financial ruin.

`
I commend you for your thoroughness. You have encapsulated every myth and stereotype on one paragraph currently foisted on people of color. Any color, except white.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I commend you for your thoroughness. You have encapsulated every myth and stereotype on one paragraph currently foisted on people of color. Any color, except white.
Yes, it's interesting how people assume that not one single "brown" is capable of working, getting an education, becoming successful, or perpetuating American values. (And, for that matter, that every single white person is a productive member of society.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies