Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Here's some irony for you that I ran across while searching for other articles on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by YWCA
Hosted by YWCA Family Village Issaquah Mental Health
We will be showing the DVD "Unnatural Causes" about hidden racism in the health care systems. We will be sponsoring a brown bag luncheon for staff and the community.

TIME: Noon - 1 p.m.
Stand Against Racism - YWCA of Seattle-King-Snohomish
lol, classic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:55 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I put white bread sandwiches and crazy ass crackers in my brown bag.

Must...not...laugh...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Must...not...laugh...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Go ahead and laugh. I'm a white dude, and I got a chuckle out of it! Then again, I'm not that easily offended.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
Great more PC crap from the PC police.....

So I can't say-I have white wall tires? Or I want to go shopping on black Friday? Or I eat Marble rye...(I mean you know that has to be offensive)-

Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Go ahead and laugh. I'm a white dude, and I got a chuckle out of it! Then again, I'm not that easily offended.

That was one of the best laughs I've had in a while.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
A perfect container for a racist peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:42 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
'Brown bag' and 'citizen' too offensive for use in Seattle - The Dori Monson Show - MyNorthwest.com
Political correctness: ‘Brown bag,’ ‘citizens’ are out at City Hall | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

To say that one "brown-bagged it today," meaning 'brought lunch from home' is still a fairly common expression. Elliot Bronstein of the Seattle Office for Civil Rights finds this expression to be racist. All PR personnel at city agencies have been advised not to use the term. Instead, they should use the expression "lunch and learn" (??) or "sack lunch" (say isn't that potentially a gender-biased and therefore offensive?)

And furthermore, they are advised to avoid "citizen" because it is not inclusive of Seattle residents who are not citizens. Bronstein notes that the city's "Citizen's Service Bureau" was renamed the "Customer Service Bureau," presumably for this reason.

Looks to me like city employee Bronstein has way too much time on his hands.
Crazy! Guessing I can't bring watermelon, barbecue and Mad Dog 20/20 for lunch.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:45 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
You shouldn't have written this statement bro, you probably just offended a lot of people, that don't have two hands. You really need to be more sensitive.
OK, that really made me laugh!

Seattle is a very strange city. I lived there for a while; had to get away!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:56 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
'Brown bag' and 'citizen' too offensive for use in Seattle - The Dori Monson Show - MyNorthwest.com
Political correctness: ‘Brown bag,’ ‘citizens’ are out at City Hall | Strange Bedfellows — Politics News - seattlepi.com

To say that one "brown-bagged it today," meaning 'brought lunch from home' is still a fairly common expression. Elliot Bronstein of the Seattle Office for Civil Rights finds this expression to be racist. All PR personnel at city agencies have been advised not to use the term. Instead, they should use the expression "lunch and learn" (??) or "sack lunch" (say isn't that potentially a gender-biased and therefore offensive?)

And furthermore, they are advised to avoid "citizen" because it is not inclusive of Seattle residents who are not citizens. Bronstein notes that the city's "Citizen's Service Bureau" was renamed the "Customer Service Bureau," presumably for this reason.

Looks to me like city employee Bronstein has way too much time on his hands.
He's doing it because he can. This is where being "politically correct" has gotten us - to be point of being absolutely ridiculous.

What's his thought on vanilla fudge swirl ice cream??

Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
The West coast Libnutters have really gone off the deep end
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies