Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
yeah I know that is my option.

But why does Hollywood have to have political messages in sci fi movies?

Can't I just go enjoy a sci fi movie without thinking about politics.

I wanted to see it until I read the plot synopsis.

The hypocrisy is what also irks me most about Hollywood. Like I said Damon would not be living on the dilapted, poverty stricken planet he pretends to care so much for from his multi million dollar waterfront estates.

Basically, most hollywood movies have some kind of message in them. I freaking loved Avatar, even though it was, essentially, dances with smurfs.

The only movies I pay to see are the Marvel Comix movies, Iron Man, Avengers (The schwarma scene in Avengers was hilarious), because there is no message, just fun. And disney movies with the grandkids.

The rest--I wait for them to come to cable.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:59 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
See there are these persistent themes of human life and people return time and time again to these themes and reinterpret them in literature, film, poems, paintings, etc. You didn't pay attention in your high school English classes, did you?
My point is they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Most Hollywood types live a life of luxery. If Damon is so concerned about class differential he would live a more humble life than have a $20 mil waterfront mansion.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:00 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Basically, most hollywood movies have some kind of message in them. I freaking loved Avatar, even though it was, essentially, dances with smurfs.

The only movies I pay to see are the Marvel Comix movies, Iron Man, Avengers (The schwarma scene in Avengers was hilarious), because there is no message, just fun. And disney movies with the grandkids.

The rest--I wait for them to come to cable.
True.
I loved the Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Now with a little one in the house there are alot of Disney movies going on.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
Funny,
I just find it perplexing how Hollywood constantly attacks exactly what it is.
Yep.

What they hate is the middle class.

They want to throw money at the underclass and non-producers, as long as that means keeping them far, far away from their neighborhoods and estates.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
True.
I loved the Michael Keaton Batman movie.

Now with a little one in the house there are alot of Disney movies going on.

When I go to the movies, I want to be entertained...period. Leave the "messages" for the Public Service Announcements.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM

552 posts, read 738,140 times
Quote:
But dont worry those people in Hollywood will be fighting for the poor!

Fighting from their verandas overlooking the Pacific!
Hollywood will fight for me because...

Chuck Norris

Old 08-02-2013, 09:07 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Hollywood doesn't even try to hide their biases and propaganda anymore.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:10 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,093,890 times
Wonder how many of these right wing anti-Hollywood type posters were super excited about the movie version of Atlas Shrugged?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
My point is they are a bunch of hypocrites.

Most Hollywood types live a life of luxery. If Damon is so concerned about class differential he would live a more humble life than have a $20 mil waterfront mansion.
So you are essentially arguing that Damon and others like him want to eliminate class while living as part of the elite? Um, yeah, that makes sense. I wonder why he spends time and money helping people who don't have access to clean water. Seems like those resources would be better spent on gearing up for class warfare.

Can Matt Damon Bring Clean Water To Africa? | Fast Company | Business + Innovation

Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
yeah I know that is my option.

But why does Hollywood have to have political messages in sci fi movies?

Can't I just go enjoy a sci fi movie without thinking about politics.

I wanted to see it until I read the plot synopsis.

The hypocrisy is what also irks me most about Hollywood. Like I said Damon would not be living on the dilapted, poverty stricken planet he pretends to care so much for from his multi million dollar waterfront estates.
you do realize dont you that EVERY movie makes a political statement of some sort right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies