Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I was born yesterday? ME ? Look .... you all that believe these fairy-tales, one after another after another can't even be considered alive, (at least from a neurological activity standpoint) let alone born yesterday.

FIRST .... we have had plastered all over the news the ADMITTED US supplying of weapons and military assistance to Al Qaeda operatives in three countries ... Egypt, Libya, and Syria. They even had the black "Al Qaeda" flag waving in Libya for christ sake. But that is supposed to be what? The good Al Qaeda as opposed to the bad Al Qaeda?

Listen ... I know it was just too much for some of you to accept and come to terms with, the admitted fact that Al Qaeda was created by the CIA/Pak ISI, when you were told this years ago. Even though it was well documented, and admitted that Osama Bin Laden was a CIA operative, code named Tim Osmond, and that this band of "freedom fighters" were assembled and trained by the US to harass the Soviets out of Afghanistan decades ago. We told you back then, that Al Qaeda was under the control of the CIA then .. and were likely still under that control in 2001. But nooooo .... Al Qaeda is the boogie man, and they are now biting the hand that used to feed them. Fast forward to 2013 ..... now, it seems, that we can fight Al Qaeda in some places, and provide them weapons and aid in other places ... SIMULTANEOUSLY ????

And you dare suggest that anyone other than yourself was "born yesterday"? A damned infant has better sense than this.
*sigh*

I was referring to the fact that we've been here before, and did it completely wrong because Bush thought like you apparently do -- that it's all a fake.

I have no idea what your rant about AQ and the CIA is about. It's completely fact-free and buried under ellipses.

And you're still ignoring my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 09:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Does anybody know if Greenwald authorized Kerry to do these closures?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Right....because he couldn't possibly be both. Is invading foreign countries indicative of strong foreign policy?
NATO: "Hey Obama! We're going to do a surprise attack on Qaddafi. Wanna join in?"

Obama: "Ummm, uhhhh, will i have to risk anything?"

NATO: "Nah, Qaddafi is weak, he'll never see it coming either. Oh, and we will let you hide among the mob, and be seen as leading from behind, and appear to be brave and powerful."

Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Much has changed over that decade. Why would they now open that chatter knowing we hear everything they could say ?
High level AQ leaders knowingly talking on open channels about a plot as big as 9/11 ?
9/11 wasn't planned in a day and neither would this plot be, if real.

THAT is the puzzling part.
It's entertaining to hear the cons on this forum rant about the NSA getting all in our private communications n' stuff, and then turn around and insist that our intelligence services can't possibly hear meaningful chatter among terrorists.

I'll wait for an explanation on how it can be both ways.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
It's entertaining to hear the cons on this forum rant about the NSA getting all in our private communications n' stuff, and then turn around and insist that our intelligence services can't possibly hear meaningful chatter among terrorists.

I'll wait for an explanation on how it can be both ways.
The question is not how the NSA is hearing it.
Why would the terrorists wait until the last minute and then use an open channel to talk about it ?

If this is as big as 9/11 (our lawmakers tell us) then that means the terrorist were able to do this secretly for almost a year.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:30 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
So you and Sarah Palin magically come up with the same exact phrases to criticize Obama??

Telepathic or telepathetic???
I don't ever listen to her, or read what she says. You can search for my prior comments of the woman if you like. I'm supremely confident you won't see me speaking very highly of her. I'm fairly indifferent to her. It's people like you who seem to hate her so much, you cannot stop reading everything she says, I just hope she does not stop suddenly, or you'll prob have to pull your head out of her behind.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The question is not how the NSA is hearing it.
Why would the terrorists wait until the last minute and then use an open channel to talk about it ?

If this is as big as 9/11 (our lawmakers tell us) then that means the terrorist were able to do this secretly for almost a year.
Why are you assuming they "opened" anything? How do you know we don't develop new sources all the time? How do you know they aren't communicating to new groups in preparation for an actual event that's only been in planning stages?

You keep assuming a lot of stuff. I'm not sure you're the intelligence expert you seem to believe yourself.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Oh come on, for crying out loud ... are you people really buying this same asinine game? PLEASE grow up, and try to think for 5 seconds. This is such a contrived put on, no one can actually be stupid enough to believe this nonsense, right? RIGHT? Please tell me that you're not believing this crap?
The color-coded Homeland Security Advisory rating was changed 17 times between 2001 and 2009. I bet you never once questioned it.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Why are you assuming they "opened" anything? How do you know we don't develop new sources all the time? How do you know they aren't communicating to new groups in preparation for an actual event that's only been in planning stages?

You keep assuming a lot of stuff. I'm not sure you're the intelligence expert you seem to believe yourself.
You are too but in the other direction.

Old 08-05-2013, 09:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
This seems to be a well balanced take on the situation, from the campaign debates:

CNN Fact Check: Is al Qaeda's core decimated or is group growing? - CNN.com

No argument that Al-Qaeda leadership in Pakistan was disseminated at a particular point in time.
No argument that Al-Qaeda immediately rejuvenates.

I am no more sorry for the death of the 4 in Benghazi than I am for the 100,000 +/- who lost their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies