Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:31 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Well, let's see, did we do anything, anything at all to the terrorists who made multiple attacks on the US and British embassies or the Red Cross in Libya? Nope, they got away clean. I'd say that it looks like al Qaeda's of the world don't have any reason to fear reprisals, and I really wonder if we will do anything even if we are attacked this weekend.
You mean the terrorist who was behind the Benghazi attack? The one that the US knew his name and location? That one? The terrorist group AAS that the US knew was behind the Benghazi attack?

Why would they fear reprisals when they have a friend in the WH??? The weekend, next weekend, next month. So you close the embassies and consulates for how long? They will just sit back and wait for the all clear and there will be an attack. As usual, the US has to announce they know what they enemy is going to do. Nothing like giving the enemy a heads up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 03:33 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't get it. What is the controversy here? Apparently there's a high level threat to certain embassies overseas so they are closing them for safety reasons. Yet, people here have......a problem with that? How? Why? Ooooooh, oh wait wait wait, I see. Because of Obama. Right. Carry on, nothing to see here.
Did someone miss a few pages in this thread???

Old 08-02-2013, 03:35 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
How many Al Qaeda members were freed from jails in Iraq and Afghanistan last month?

Great work O.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:42 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

There is no way to please an Obama hater!
I'd think that his accountability and job performance is clearly
enough to prove that he has absolutely no idea what he's doing
or the ramification's he now has to deal with

He' so much more then just an idiot, and this just proves it

Barack Hussein Obama's dog & pony show is about to end
(No Offense to any Dogs & Ponies on the CD forum)

Old 08-02-2013, 03:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

How is this possible? Al Qaida has been decimated and was on the run
:::sigh:::
If you shrink Al Qaida by one tenth, there's still a lot of them left. Maybe your struggles with the metric system is causing your confusion with the word "decimated".

Old 08-02-2013, 03:49 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Must be some mix up. AL Qaeda is dead, Obama said so.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:50 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did someone miss a few pages in this thread???
What am I missing exactly?

Old 08-02-2013, 03:59 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Because it is a bull**** story to take the attention off the real story. The real story is the Prism Xkeyscore scandal. So they do what any good magician does misdirect. It's a common trick in the spy world misdirect. Create diversion and keep it coming until American ADD brains forget and Monday night football is on. They are hoping we forget that we now know we live in a police state it's been confirmed.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama didn't make Al Qaeda hate the U.S. ... that happened during the Reagan / Bush Sr. years.

But as our current President ... Obama now has to deal with Al Qaeda.

When the Benghazi embassy attack happened last year, Republicans were quick to blame Obama for not doing enough beforehand.

Now that Obama is doing something beforehand ... Republicans are looking for a way to hate Obama for it again.

There is no way to please an Obama hater!
They also seem to be forgetting who gave nuclear technology to Iran. Why, it was Bush's BFF - Cheney.
You know, the nuclear technology that everyone's afraid of now, because they'll use it against us?

Last edited by weltschmerz; 08-02-2013 at 04:49 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 04:08 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Aren't we smart enough to get past the party bickering please? Can't we see they are the same thing. Dems give more crumbs to poor Repub more kickbacks to their former frat buddies. Neither of them gives a damn about you. You just perceive that they do.

Corporations and Lobbyist run this country not you and I. We can't afford the 10k dinners where decisions that affect our lives are made. We have been priced out of a democratic process in a republic.

If we allow them to continue to divide ourselves they have us beat I hope some of you get that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies