Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 05:17 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Defeating racism will not happen with more racism.

People must want to understand that elite Democrats do not want the INDUSTRY of racism to end. That's why they make these statements. That's why Riley Cooper is being talked about endlessly.

Who wins from racism? Whomever wants to divide the country - because that's what happens.

Cooper wants to make things right. He will never be able to do that because he can't control what other people think and say. The best thing for him to do is shut up and say no comment.

If racism is ever to be defeated, all racists like Rangel should be handled similarly to Riley Cooper. As long as we are doing what we are doing now, which is selectively prosecuting certain racist comments - there will never be any progress. NEVER.

Amen to this!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Sharpton is a classic con man.

His marks are all leftists.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,368,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
pot meet kettle. so i guess when a liberal like rangle says something vile and racist its ok with you, but let a conservative say something that isnt even remotely racist and you are up in arms about it trying to make the claim that it is indeed racist. this is a two way street my friend, and we are not going to end racism in this country by demonizing only one side when they say the wrong thing. if we are going to demonize one side when they make unfortunate remarks, we have to demonize the other side for making similar remarks. but then you liberals think that fairness only applies to you and your ilke i guess.
Agreed. An overtly racist statement from Rangel is fine, but Dems can read "code" words into Republican quotes....sad.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:38 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,750,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Rangel represents the superior view. Tea baggers are a repulsive element of this society, and represent the same segment as that of the Klan.
I would like to know at what point the tea party became labeled racist and what proof does anyone have that any and all members of the tea party are racists. The party was started because people felt they were "taxed enough already" I really don't know how it got interpreted as a racist organization. Lexus, you labeling of the tea party as racist is hypocritical, as you are labeling the whole because of the actions of a few, sound familiar?

Old 08-03-2013, 07:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I would like to know at what point the tea party became labeled racist and what proof does anyone have that any and all members of the tea party are racists. The party was started because people felt they were "taxed enough already" I really don't know how it got interpreted as a racist organization. Lexus, you labeling of the tea party as racist is hypocritical, as you are labeling the whole because of the actions of a few, sound familiar?
Don't you know by now? "taxed enough" is a racist term. Seems something like "bring our soldiers home" is also a racist term today.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:54 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Innis: Rangel no better than Southern Dems who used the *** card' | The Daily Caller

Quote:
“It is not surprising that lazy, shiftless politicians who have an abysmal record for their community would want to diffuse the issue of what they are doing for their communities by dropping the race card,” Innis, an African American and the chief strategist for TheTeaParty.net

Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Every one is calling racism but no one is giving examples of how the Tea Party is diffrent from people who opposed Civil Rights. I think Rangles statement dosen't give any comparisons either, but he is saying IMO that the same tactics need to used. The core of his statement is the Tea Party is just like those people in that the same tactics should be used.

He is essentiallty right in that you don't have to look very far to find ; Homophobic, Racist, Anti Hispanic, Sexist, Ant- Semetic, statements from Tea Party supporters. He is saying these are the images that should be front and center for the American People to judge the Tea Party on. This is run of the mill political science that both sides use.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 08-03-2013 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-03-2013, 08:36 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Every one is calling racism but no one is giving examples of how the Tea Party is diffrent from people who opposed Civil Rights. I think Rangles statement dosen't give any comparisons either, but he is saying IMO that the same tactics need to used. The core of his statement is the Tea Party is just like those people in that the same tactics should be used.

He is essentiallty right in that you don't have to look very far to find ; Homophobic, Racist, Anti Hispanic, Sexist, Ant- Semetic, statements from Tea Party supporters. He is saying these are the images that should be front and center for the American People to judge the Tea Party on. This is run of the mill political science that both sides use.
I don't know if any of the Teapartiers fit your descriptions but the point is that they don't represent the majority of them. The left however tries to imply so. Perhaps you could provide a link proving your claims about the Teapartiers and not some leftist biased one but actual facts?

In any organization the opposition will often place plants to make the organization appear to be something they are not. Let me give you an example. The pro-illegal immigration movement often has radicals at their protests. You know, those claiming that whites should go back to Europe and that this is their land? Should we judge the whole group by these radicals?

Old 08-03-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Here's how I see it.

The Dems are cozying up to the Hispanics. They are the next majority base so it pays to grovel to them and get them their amnesty.
But at the same time the Dems can't alienate the Blacks else they may lose them.
And since the Repubs are the party of "White Cracker Terrorists" it pays to keep the rife between the Blacks and Whites alive until they get the Hispanics into the fold.

I noticed that more during this last campaign. Much attention was given to the Hispanics and their quest for amnesty and "right to work". But when the Dems went to speak to groups like the NAACP they deflected to the Repubs that wanted to put them back in chains, described right leaning parties as the KKK, etc.

They are pandering to the Hispanics and trying to keep the Black voting base.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know if any of the Teapartiers fit your descriptions but the point is that they don't represent the majority of them. The left however tries to imply so. Perhaps you could provide a link proving your claims about the Teapartiers and not some leftist biased one but actual facts?

In any organization the opposition will often place plants to make the organization appear to be something they are not. Let me give you an example. The pro-illegal immigration movement often has radicals at their protests. You know, those claiming that whites should go back to Europe and that this is their land? Should we judge the whole group by these radicals?
Thats how politics is fought, find the most disagreeable images of your opponent and used them in your message. The Tea Party is going to be a burden to the GOP because they were not organized enough in their ealy stages to craft a uniform image. If the GOP can't find a seat in the back for the Tea Party and Evangelicals, The future of politics will be Consevatives and Liberals slugging it out during the Democratic Primary and who ever wins will be the next president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies