Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:14 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times

Advertisements

I didn't make any kind of claim. I stated what I know as fact, having friends all over the world that I talk to often. American citizens have no more control over what their government does than citizens of any other country. But American Republican & Democrat citizens are so naive that they think they have some kind of control. American R & D voters are also the most gullible, believing all kinds of stupid propaganda BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Are you seriously claiming that this doesnt happen in the rest of the world ?

There are plenty of parliamentary fight videos that would beg to differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
Your culture is unsustainable. Your consumption pattern leaves little for the rest of the world who, thanks to BRIC, is being developed at a rapid pace, much to your detriment.

The American dollar is becoming increasingly marginalized on the world market. You have no light sweet crude oil, which your country deeply relies on for economic growth, and is responsible for the majority of growth that your country has seen since the 1970s.

Your debt continues to grow at a rapid pace, and before long it will represent a significant portion of global GDP. Who will continue to fund your debt? 1/3 of it is held by foreigners, and there are only about 15-20 countries capable of purchasing your treasuries. Europe has their own problems and cannot afford to purchase your debt. China and the other members of BRIC will not continue to purchase your debt. Japan has to worry about its own economic problems.

Perhaps, you could fund it internally, but your cities and states are broke, your pension funds have $600 billion in unfunded liabilities, and Americans are in debt to their eyeballs and will not pay for your treasuries.

So who will fund your spending spree?

Additionally, dendrochronology suggests you will experience a SEVERE drought that will last 9 years. The drought will arrive next year or the year after if history repeats itself, and considering it has for as long as records exist, it is likely the cycle will continue.

What does this mean? It means the price of your corn will sky rocket, and everything related to corn, including gasoline.

Businesses will go out of business, and they will not have the money to purchase from your business, which means your business will go out of business.

Your idiot politicians propose programs that are not investments, but frivolous spending that do not benefit anyone, and only serve to further increase your debt. You cannot afford your new healthcare program, as it was written by the AHA which illegally colludes to fix prices. Even the board of trustees said, "unprecedented changes" would have to take place for this program to be economically feasible.

It is not. And your economy will suffer, especially considering the employment laws being implemented with it. Now those that work over 30 hours will work no more than 29.5 hours and will be forced to find another part time job, which you can add to your "employment record."

Yet, despite all of this, most of it, blindingly obvious, you continue to demand more. Your workers want more pay increases. None of you seem to understand implications of all your problems.

Your society, instead of discussing solutions to help mitigate problems in your economy, like INVESTING government funds instead of spending, like converting your freight to rail for instance, you discuss trivial matters.

Will any of you care about your GOSSIP when you cannot afford the payment on your mortgage and you are forced to cut your cable and eat cardboard and mud in your cars?

And your culture is morally bankrupt. You want more and more and more. When does this insatiable greed stop? You complain about the rich, when many of you already have two vehicles, a place to live, and plenty of food. How much more do you want?

Shouldn't it be the dream of every man and woman to have a small residence, non-petroleum based food, and a way to support your family, even if only one person can work? What more do you want? Why do you need a McMansion? Why do you need designer clothing? Why do you need flat screen TVs and brand new furniture and luxury cars?

You don't. Some countries don't even have running water, thanks in large part to your foreign policy, which allowed your deviant behavior to exist at the detriment to others. And it's not something that was hidden, you were all aware of it, yet you continue to be greedy.

Your culture is morally bankrupt. But nobody seems to get it.

So, Americans must be stupid. I don't know what else it could be. You got to be the dumbest people on this planet.

I really hope that Americans can learn to change before the rest of the world decides to change things for us. This is the direction you are trekking. You are putting every American at risk because of your attitude. Your children and your children's children are at risk.
Blah blah blah. Yet another liberal who derives a sense of moral and intellectual superiority by denigrating Western society. Been there, done that. Moving on.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Like all cultures that have gotten to big for their britches, we're going to fall...and fall hard. The only question left is when. We're too arrogant to change.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:56 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Blah blah blah. Yet another liberal who derives a sense of moral and intellectual superiority by denigrating Western society. Been there, done that. Moving on.
How did you come to the conclusion that I'm a liberal?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Like all cultures that have gotten to big for their britches, we're going to fall...and fall hard. The only question left is when. We're too arrogant to change.
Ive been hearing that all my life,
Democrats warned us USA was going to fall when Bush was president, we are still here. lol

Old 08-04-2013, 06:25 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,301,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Ive been hearing that all my life,
Democrats warned us USA was going to fall when Bush was president, we are still here. lol
I can think of only 4 realistic apocalyptic events:

1) A Toba like Volcano Event
2) Asteroid
3) Solar EMP
4) Nuclear EMP

From what I understand, as the sun gets out of a solar minimum the risk for an X Class Solar storm intensifies. I believe it has to be greater than a 15 and immediately followed by a large proton storm.

The way the US conducts its foreign policy, which your economy is hinged on, despite the ignorance of US citizens, it is getting more and more possible that an enemy nation will attack you with a Nuclear EMP, although, still not very probable.

If it does occur, it would be absolute hell on earth. If the idiots in this country manage to **** people off that bad, well...I guess I won't do a thing, but probably die a violent death at the hands of some angry mob or starving individual.

It will be like zombie land, but this time the zombies can think and strategize ways to kill you.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:54 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,494,000 times
Quote:
I can think of only 4 realistic apocalyptic events:

1) A Toba like Volcano Event
2) Asteroid
3) Solar EMP
4) Nuclear EMP

From what I understand, as the sun gets out of a solar minimum the risk for an X Class Solar storm intensifies. I believe it has to be greater than a 15 and immediately followed by a large proton storm.

The way the US conducts its foreign policy, which your economy is hinged on, despite the ignorance of US citizens, it is getting more and more possible that an enemy nation will attack you with a Nuclear EMP, although, still not very probable.

If it does occur, it would be absolute hell on earth. If the idiots in this country manage to **** people off that bad, well...I guess I won't do a thing, but probably die a violent death at the hands of some angry mob or starving individual.

It will be like zombie land, but this time the zombies can think and strategize ways to kill you.
Lmfao.
The world is going to end! The world is going to end!
The most peaceful time in world history? Sure doesn't feel like it

Old 08-04-2013, 07:14 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,894,149 times
I just laugh at the America Haters lol. We should expect this when you are the greatest country on earth, and it didn't take thousands of years to become so... I love America, I love the American People, and I love American ways no matter how many people try to talk down on it, its a very awesome country and I am proud to be born here. If there is a drought best believe we will still eat.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
From the thread title...

Yes. Just go read some of the other thread titles lol.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Your culture is unsustainable. Your consumption pattern leaves little for the rest of the world who, thanks to BRIC, is being developed at a rapid pace, much to your detriment.

The American dollar is becoming increasingly marginalized on the world market. You have no light sweet crude oil, which your country deeply relies on for economic growth, and is responsible for the majority of growth that your country has seen since the 1970s.

Your debt continues to grow at a rapid pace, and before long it will represent a significant portion of global GDP. Who will continue to fund your debt? 1/3 of it is held by foreigners, and there are only about 15-20 countries capable of purchasing your treasuries. Europe has their own problems and cannot afford to purchase your debt. China and the other members of BRIC will not continue to purchase your debt. Japan has to worry about its own economic problems.

Perhaps, you could fund it internally, but your cities and states are broke, your pension funds have $600 billion in unfunded liabilities, and Americans are in debt to their eyeballs and will not pay for your treasuries.

So who will fund your spending spree?

Additionally, dendrochronology suggests you will experience a SEVERE drought that will last 9 years. The drought will arrive next year or the year after if history repeats itself, and considering it has for as long as records exist, it is likely the cycle will continue.

What does this mean? It means the price of your corn will sky rocket, and everything related to corn, including gasoline.

Businesses will go out of business, and they will not have the money to purchase from your business, which means your business will go out of business.

Your idiot politicians propose programs that are not investments, but frivolous spending that do not benefit anyone, and only serve to further increase your debt. You cannot afford your new healthcare program, as it was written by the AHA which illegally colludes to fix prices. Even the board of trustees said, "unprecedented changes" would have to take place for this program to be economically feasible.

It is not. And your economy will suffer, especially considering the employment laws being implemented with it. Now those that work over 30 hours will work no more than 29.5 hours and will be forced to find another part time job, which you can add to your "employment record."

Yet, despite all of this, most of it, blindingly obvious, you continue to demand more. Your workers want more pay increases. None of you seem to understand implications of all your problems.

Your society, instead of discussing solutions to help mitigate problems in your economy, like INVESTING government funds instead of spending, like converting your freight to rail for instance, you discuss trivial matters.

Will any of you care about your GOSSIP when you cannot afford the payment on your mortgage and you are forced to cut your cable and eat cardboard and mud in your cars?

And your culture is morally bankrupt. You want more and more and more. When does this insatiable greed stop? You complain about the rich, when many of you already have two vehicles, a place to live, and plenty of food. How much more do you want?

Shouldn't it be the dream of every man and woman to have a small residence, non-petroleum based food, and a way to support your family, even if only one person can work? What more do you want? Why do you need a McMansion? Why do you need designer clothing? Why do you need flat screen TVs and brand new furniture and luxury cars?

You don't. Some countries don't even have running water, thanks in large part to your foreign policy, which allowed your deviant behavior to exist at the detriment to others. And it's not something that was hidden, you were all aware of it, yet you continue to be greedy.

Your culture is morally bankrupt. But nobody seems to get it.

So, Americans must be stupid. I don't know what else it could be. You got to be the dumbest people on this planet.

I really hope that Americans can learn to change before the rest of the world decides to change things for us. This is the direction you are trekking. You are putting every American at risk because of your attitude. Your children and your children's children are at risk.
Not sure yet, but you just might be my newest CD hero. The problem is i just don't like anybody Just ask these *******s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies