Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2013, 03:10 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How the hell can they say we have seen above average temps this year, when we had the longest, coldest spring in recent memory????

US Headed For The Coldest Spring On Record | Real Science
Again....the US isn't global. And again. The US isn't global.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
This is Doggerland...... anyone dare to guess where this is now?
it is/was a real place about 10,000 years ago.

Hint the Thames and the Rhine meet together before they become one and go to the sea.

The above is nothing really. This was Doggerland once

Old 08-06-2013, 03:13 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Again....the US isn't global. And again. The US isn't global.
please keep up. we have already established that warmists dont know or care what global means. therefore those of us who are not warmists are not bound to act like we care.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:14 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have friends in Alabama and Texas who tell me they have had a nice mild summer with rain so far.
Well we don't know your friends so we'll just have to go with vast amounts of research. Tell your friends we said hi.

Quote:
If you ask me it isn't very hot anywhere, except maybe in a concrete jungle city setting where it is typically 10+ degrees warmer than it should be.
And if we don't ask you? I mean, why would anyone ask you? Does anyone ask you about the Standard Model or evolutionary biology or cosmology or statistical medicine or any other field? I don't think they do, because you're not any sort of expert in these fields. But climatology? Apparently we're to believe the right consists of instant experts in this field, armed with their blogs and stuff.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:17 PM

I am in Texas. July was quite pleasant! In fact I have had to cut my grass twice a week!

Normally by July 10 or so, things are starting to brown up and dry out. by August i generally have to cut the grass once or twice for the month.

Now it has gotten hot here over the last week but thats August in Texas.

Oh and the vast amount of research tells us that when the ENSO is negative (La Nina) then Texas will be hot and dry... Just like what happened last year.

This year not so much.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:17 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Liberal zombies notwithstanding, anyone with a basic grasp of college level statistics, and half-a-dash of basic chaos theory, knows this is true.

As to your statement about C02 concentration, using you're inane logic, I suppose that means that the dinosaurs had their own industrial revolution too! CO2 levels were much more extreme during that time in earth's history; This is basic, basic science.

Doh!
You're right, CO2 was more concentrated at other times in past epochs. The thing is, I have no agenda. I don't make a profit if CO2 falls or if it rises. I don't own stock in Exxon or in any green energy company. I look at a chart and see that CO2 was flat for centuries, then it started rising around the time of the industrial revolution, and it's increased on a predictable curve since then. We started belching out CO2 as a waste product right around the time the curve began moving upwards. Why this is such a hostile concept is beyond me.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
But climatology? Apparently we're to believe the right consists of instant experts in this field, armed with their blogs and stuff.
Armed with their blogs and stuff, and armed with questions like, "But we had a cold spring in America, so how could global temperatures be warm?" Chalk it up to willful ignorance. That's the only explanation I can fathom.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You're right, CO2 was more concentrated at other times in past epochs. The thing is, I have no agenda. I don't make a profit if CO2 falls or if it rises. I don't own stock in Exxon or in any green energy company. I look at a chart and see that CO2 was flat for centuries, then it started rising around the time of the industrial revolution, and it's increased on a predictable curve since then. We started belching out CO2 as a waste product right around the time the curve began moving upwards. Why this is such a hostile concept is beyond me.

have you looked at the vostok record? have you noticed that CO2 lags temperature by about 800 years? have you heard of the Medieval Warm Period? Which was about 800 years ago?

I agree that Man has also added a great deal of CO2 to the atmosphere since the beginning of the IR. AND that has added some amount of warming.

But you cannot seriously suggest that ALL of the change in CO2 level is IR related when we have a 300,000 record that SHOWS CO2 levels rising and falling as a response to warming and cooling.... with an 800 year interval... which would put a rise in CO2 right now exactly on time from the MWP...

YES I believe humans have added both CO2 and some warming.
NO I have not seen anything in the peer reviewed record that shows the kind of forcing that will cause catistrophic warming suggested by the Warmists.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Armed with their blogs and stuff, and armed with questions like, "But we had a cold spring in America, so how could global temperatures be warm?" Chalk it up to willful ignorance. That's the only explanation I can fathom.
you keep saying that.

simple question.

Are you outraged when politicians get all hyper and tell us that Hurricane Sandi was caused by Man Made Global Warming?

Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Here's the graph. I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you people over bleeping facts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies