Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 12:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Did the national media jump on the Zimmerman/Martin case like it was the hottest thing since sliced bread? Does the national media consistently report white on black crime more prevalently than black on white crime? Did three teenagers nearly beat another teenager to death on a school bus?

Yes, the national media should be covering this story.
I have said this before. There's likely a market for a national station to attempt to report every local story , 24/7. Even then, there are more stories than time, so they would need to cherry pick.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
One of the teens was dealing drugs in the school bathroom, and the 6th grader turned him in (earlier that same day is my understanding). The school apparently not only did nothing about the drug dealing, somehow the drug dealer found out who turned him in, and then the school allowed the kids to be on the same bus. The school might as well have handed the teens bats and painted a target on the 6th graders back.

But as I've learned from the Zimmerman threads, unarmed teenagers can't hurt a fly. The kid got some black eyes and a broken arm, so nothing to see here, right? /sarc

I have a 6th grade boy. My heart breaks for the kid getting beat up on the bus. He dared to try to make his school a better/safer place, and the school allowed him to get viciously beaten for his effort.
The school itself was a school for high risk dropouts.
That's AEP.
That should tell you something about the student demographics there.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why are they investigating the bus driver in the FL case ? The bus driver pulled over and did call it in.
And why are they even hinting at "justified shooting" in the case of the NYC kid ?

There are bad kids out there that have no morals, no ethics, no conscience.
Let's not look for an adult nearby that we can also place blame on.
That is the job of a police investigation. The police are supposed verify things like this. They don't just say "well we believe your story. Time to close up shop!"

Old 08-05-2013, 12:29 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
One of the teens was dealing drugs in the school bathroom, and the 6th grader turned him in (earlier that same day is my understanding). The school apparently not only did nothing about the drug dealing, they also somehow allowed the drug dealer found out who turned him in, and then the school allowed the kids to be on the same bus. The school might as well have handed the teens bats and painted a target on the 6th graders back.

But as I've learned from the Zimmerman threads, unarmed teenagers can't hurt a fly. The kid "was barely injured," black eyes and a broken arm, so nothing to see here, right? /sarc

I have a 6th grade boy. My heart breaks for the kid getting beat up on the bus. He dared to try to make his school a better/safer place, and the school allowed him to get viciously beaten for his effort.
OK, so while still not justified, this makes more sense. The school failed this boy big time. In most school settings, being a "snitch" will earn you a beatdown. And any kid dealing drugs at school (if that is true) is not someone you want to be involved with. Very sad that this happened, but the school majorly screwed up and left this poor boy vulnerable.

If you really followed the Trayvon threads, you'd know that your claim is an absurd comment. Not going there with you.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:31 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
One of the teens was dealing drugs in the school bathroom, and the 6th grader turned him in (earlier that same day is my understanding). The school apparently not only did nothing about the drug dealing, they also somehow allowed the drug dealer found out who turned him in, and then the school allowed the kids to be on the same bus. The school might as well have handed the teens bats and painted a target on the 6th graders back.

But as I've learned from the Zimmerman threads, unarmed teenagers can't hurt a fly. The kid "was barely injured," black eyes and a broken arm, so nothing to see here, right? /sarc

Wow. Bang up job there, school.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:35 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I saw this front page on CNN this morning. So I am confused at what you are talking about. I saw the 14 year old shooting on the Front page yesterday so I am still confused at what you two are trying to get at.
Race baiting I suspect.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:55 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
So when's the sharpton rally, this weekend or next?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Did the national media jump on the Zimmerman/Martin case like it was the hottest thing since sliced bread? Does the national media consistently report white on black crime more prevalently than black on white crime? Did three teenagers nearly beat another teenager to death on a school bus?

Yes, the national media should be covering this story.
I disagree. These are local stories and should be handled locally.

Same goes for the silly little Trayvon thing. Stupid kid jumps man with gun: The End. And that should have been the end of the story. And it would have been had the goofball president kept his flapping gums shut.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:04 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The three attackers weren't black and the victim white........

Video shows vicious Pinellas school bus attack - WFLA-TV News Channel 8
How do you know that three whites arn't beating the crap out of one black person over 100 times a day and it's never reported in the news?

Old 08-05-2013, 01:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The three attackers weren't black and the victim white........

Video shows vicious Pinellas school bus attack - WFLA-TV News Channel 8
I know it sucks being white so much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies