Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
.... to we Constitutionalists....
are these the same "Constitutionalists" that want to ignore the full faith and credit clause and remove a sitting president thru a military coup or thru the court?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
You're contradicting yourself.

"Birthers" (and that's NOT a pejorative to we Constitutionalists) apply the same standard to all, Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc., alike.

You, however, have been incapable of applying any standards whatsoever to Obama. It doesn't matter HOW many more people his policies add to the welfare rolls, or how much WORSE African-Americans have fared under Obama's administration, you'll support Obama to your dying day. You gave up any shred of integrity l-o-n-g ago. How sad.
"Birthers" isn't meant as a pejorative. It's what you are.

As for standards regarding Obama's birth certificate, I apply EXACTLY the same standard that the LAW requires, to everyone. A birth certificate is a document that states facts about a person's birth. The "certificate" part is an assertion that the state issuing the document will verify, if questioned, that the information on the certificate is valid. HAWAII has repeatedly verified that the information on President Obama's birth certificate is valid. At this point, any challenges to the veracity of the document must be made to HAWAII. A simple fact that birthers seem unable to grasp. YOU need some EVIDENCE that the STATE of HAWAII has engaged in a fraud over this birth certificate. Zullo, the CCP, Orly's lawsuits, none of them have discovered any such evidence. But they keep telling you, if you send them money, they will find that evidence. To me, that's a scam. But it's your money.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:49 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
It's called integrity (look it up). The same Constitutional standard applies to all, REGARDLESS of political party affiliation.
Full faith and credit. Right there in the Constitution. Why do you feel it shouldn't apply here?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:52 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
are these the same "Constitutionalists" that want to ignore the full faith and credit clause
Where is lying given full faith and credit in the Constitution?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:53 AM

331 posts, read 253,779 times
Can't believe I read all 24 pages. Fascinating exchange taking place on this thread.

There is no changing the mind of birther loyalists. The rest of American will have to tolerate this nonsense for another 3 years. I'm sure that by the end of Obama's second term, this movement will quickly become nonexistent.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"Birthers" isn't meant as a pejorative. It's what you are.
Exactly. Equally applied to all, REGARDLESS of political affiliation.

Now, when will we see you fawning Obama sycophants hold Obama to any standards whatsoever? How much damage must be done to U.S. citizens (exponentially increasing welfare rolls, African-Americans faring WORSE under Obama than under Bush, escalated unrest in the Middle East) before you'll hold Obama's feet to the fire and expect any kind of decent leadership from him whatsoever?

Old 08-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Can't believe I read all 24 pages. Fascinating exchange taking place on this thread.

There is no changing the mind of birther loyalists. The rest of American will have to tolerate this nonsense for another 3 years. I'm sure that by the end of Obama's second term, this movement will quickly become nonexistent.
Don't be too sure about that. There are names of potential candidates floating about who may also have Constitutional eligibility issues. As I said, the same standard applies to all, REGARDLESS of political party affiliation.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Where is lying given full faith and credit in the Constitution?
Hey, look at this! You've built your conclusion right into the question!

This is really simple: The Government of the fine state of Hawaii has declared the Birth Certificate valid,. They're the issuing authority. That's - it. They don't care if you think they're lying.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:08 PM

331 posts, read 253,779 times
Quote:
Don't be too sure about that. There are names of potential candidates floating about who may also have Constitutional eligibility issues. As I said, the same standard applies to all, REGARDLESS of political party affiliation.
I'm sorry, but there is no coincidence that this "movement" began/gained momentum, the moment Obama took office in 08.

The idea that birthers would apply the same attention to other POTUS is a front to deflect attention from their true motives.

We can agree to disagree, but there is no doubt in my mind that this very small minority will become completely extinct by 2016.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
You're contradicting yourself.
Nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
"Birthers" (and that's NOT a pejorative to we Constitutionalists) apply the same standard to all, Democrat, Republican, Independent, etc., alike.
Nonsense. Birthers don't even apply the same standard to Obama.

One of my favorite threads on The Fogbow is the one where we keep track of the birther wars. Each birther camp has their own particular sectarian orthodoxy, most of them contradictory, many of them mutually exclusive. The "two citizen" birthers hate the "born in Kenya" birthers. Both of them hate the "lost his citizenship in Indonesia" birthers, and the hate is mutual. The Zullo birthers hate the Orly birthers, hate the Berg birthers, hate the Klayman birthers and (since Corsi stopped birthing) all of them hate him. You guys spend almost as much time calling each other names as you do hating the black man in the Whitehouse. You constantly accuse each other of being secret Obots, and look at you personally...

You can't even agree with yourself on whether you believe Obama was born in Kenya or Indonesia.

Birthers have no standards. They have no evidence. They have no integrity. They have no shame.

All they got is hate. And it eats them up from the inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies