Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,661,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
You and I have different ideologies on this. I don't consider working as punishment. It's an agreement.
So is living in a society.

Quote:
I don't think the left would agree to a system like Bermuda's. They'd lose votes.
No they wouldn't.

Quote:
I think everyone has to put something in to get something out.
Then why not make it so that everyone can?

Quote:
We have so many programs available. Here in NJ we have retraining opportunities just like Glenda Bell did in order to find a new job. There is nothing wrong with that at all.
Except that there aren't enough jobs doing the work Bell was retrained for, and because there are so few jobs even the people who get those jobs still need public assistance to pay for basic essentials; and the rest have to take odd jobs cleaning other people's houses, which provides far less money than what is necessary to afford to live.

Quote:
I feel that there needs to be less handouts and more responsibility.
But why not support a system that works that way, by ensuring that there are more than enough jobs people can do that pay enough to keep people off public assistance? Why just complain and support actions that harm people, just because you're frustrated that the system isn't working perfectly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So will a unemployed person be required to get health insurance???
An unemployed person is supposed to be covered by Medicaid. Some state governments are refusing to do what's right in that regard, and some leaders of those states are even apparently gleeful about the prospect of such people effectively being "left to die in the streets".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,237,527 times
Quote:
I am hearing that even if you are unemployed you are still expect to get healthcare when you will already be living on a small amount of money from UC??

Please tell me this is not true because if it is Obama has to be the dumbest man who ever stepped foot in the white house.
Sorely lacking in integrity and common sense.

As to ObamaCare...

Old 08-08-2013, 08:02 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,850,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
So is living in a society.

No they wouldn't.

Then why not make it so that everyone can?

Except that there aren't enough jobs doing the work Bell was retrained for, and because there are so few jobs even the people who get those jobs still need public assistance to pay for basic essentials; and the rest have to take odd jobs cleaning other people's houses, which provides far less money than what is necessary to afford to live.

But why not support a system that works that way, by ensuring that there are more than enough jobs people can do that pay enough to keep people off public assistance? Why just complain and support actions that harm people, just because you're frustrated that the system isn't working perfectly?

An unemployed person is supposed to be covered by Medicaid. Some state governments are refusing to do what's right in that regard, and some leaders of those states are even apparently gleeful about the prospect of such people effectively being "left to die in the streets".

I wanna know does a unemployed person have the option to have NO HEALTHCARE in 2014?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,739,173 times
BUU,

I do support a system that helps people get jobs. I'm not complaining that some of my taxes goes toward workforce reinvestment. I'm also not complaining about Glenda from NC. She is working. She is paying taxes. She is helping herself. My first job doesn't pay enough so I work a second. Sometimes you have to do these things especially in this economy.

For someone like her, it's a hand up. I don't think you'll find many people on the right or left if the aisle that have a problem with it.

The whole ACA is flawed. It is causing a major hardship for business owners and employees alike. There are very few full time jobs to be found.

Any time someone says you have to buy something before they will tell you what it's about should be a huge red flag. Ex: I have a car for you to buy but you have to give me the money before you can see it or drive it. Really?

Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,427,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO, what about the 30 million that will still be uninsured, when it was sold to us as "Every American will be insured"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I expect to see you in every thread saying the same thing that asks a question like this....
To quote GOP god Ronald Reagan, there you go again.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM

46,177 posts, read 26,894,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
To quote GOP god Ronald Reagan, there you go again.
Only quoting facts with obamas own words and what the CBO has stated....

Do you hate facts? It appears so....

Old 08-08-2013, 09:59 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,619,921 times
Quote:
Bingo. That would be a hand up. Someone that has just lost their job is not in the same lines as someone that has never had one and makes their livelihood on hand outs. They have worked and are looking to work again. I have nothing against unemployment or any other temporary help. Key word being temporary.

Right.
The OP was talking specifically about collecting unemployment, so why go off on a tangent about something else?

Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,850,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Right.
The OP was talking specifically about collecting unemployment, so why go off on a tangent about something else?

And I still have not received a answer

Is Obama requiring a unemployed person next year to get health insurance? Can a unemployed person who is young and healthy say........."I can't afford healthcare and don't wish to have it at this time"

Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,661,982 times
Quote:
I wanna know does a unemployed person have the option to have NO HEALTHCARE in 2014?
To answer your question:

Full article: The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Quote:
I do support a system that helps people get jobs. I'm not complaining that some of my taxes goes toward workforce reinvestment. I'm also not complaining about Glenda from NC. She is working. She is paying taxes. She is helping herself. My first job doesn't pay enough so I work a second. Sometimes you have to do these things especially in this economy. For someone like her, it's a hand up. I don't think you'll find many people on the right or left if the aisle that have a problem with it.
So you and I agree completely.

Quote:
The whole ACA is flawed.
Everything is flawed. Nothing will ever be perfect. The important point here is that ACA is less flawed than how healthcare was before ACA. Why?

• Guaranteed Issue
  • Essential Benefits
  • Medical Loss Ratio
  • Age Rating
And so on.

Quote:
It is causing a major hardship for business owners and employees alike.
The net effect of ACA is positive. Some people are unhappy with it, and aren't getting as good of a deal as before, but those that are getting a better deal are being substantially lifted out of such a horrible situation that it makes the downside experienced by others look trivial. It is a matter of having reasonable perspective - with a reasonable weighting of the positives and negatives, it is very significantly a net positive. If, instead, you choose to narrow your view, and look only on how ACA affect certain people you care about, then surely you can see it differently. It is always possible to focus on the negatives and thereby erroneously conclude that something is negative.

Quote:
There are very few full time jobs to be found.
Let's fix that.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:45 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,739,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Right.
It was a rebuttal to another tangent from someone else that was off topic. I didn't start the off topic points but I shouldn't have responded to it either. It just made it continue. Disregard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies