Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 09:31 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
What kind of delusional beast are you? A guy kills an innocent dog and right away you have to attack a faith that has inspired millions to do good? Whether you believe it or not is insignificant.

It never ceases to sicken me to come to this forum and see people take a real life story of something tragic and heartlessly turn it into a political, religious or any other type of labeling that comes down to "you're different than I am, therefore you must be weird. Here's proof, look at this guy"
Are humans too stupid to do good things without religions?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:34 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Are humans too stupid to do good things without religions?
Not sure what that has to do with my quote?

The answer, of course, is no. Why?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,327 times
Quote:
Not sure what that has to do with my quote?

The answer, of course, is no. Why?
"A guy kills an innocent dog and right away you have to attack a faith that has inspired millions to do good?"

Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
"A guy kills an innocent dog and right away you have to attack a faith that has inspired millions to do good?"
The person I was quoting started knocking a faith that millions, actually billions have or have had. I stated that the faith has inspired millions of people to do good. No where did I allude to the ridiculous notion that anyone needs religion to make them do good things, but the base of Christianity is about "doing good" for others. Many have forgotten that, sadly. But many have not

Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
What kind of delusional beast are you? A guy kills an innocent dog and right away you have to attack a faith that has inspired millions to do good?
And it has also inspired a lot of bad, which is what began this thread. Whether you like it or not, the guy blew up his dog in preparation for the Rapture (fundamentalist Christian belief) because he "had the devil in him" (fundamentalist Christian belief). I'm not claiming that all Christians share this guy's delusions, but you also cannot deny that many do.

As I said earlier in this thread, fundamentalism is a mental disorder, whether it's Christian, Islamic or any other brand.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM

I don't deny that at all.
Again, I'm not talking in generalities, I'm talking specifics. The poster took a tragedy and condemned a faith. That sort of weak minded mentality is along the same lines as people who blindly follow someone else's interpretations of religion.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:03 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
I don't deny that at all.
Again, I'm not talking in generalities, I'm talking specifics. The poster took a tragedy and condemned a faith. That sort of weak minded mentality is along the same lines as people who blindly follow someone else's interpretations of religion.
Excellent!

Old 08-15-2013, 04:32 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
WA man who blew up dog pleads not guilty | kgw.com Portland

Old 08-15-2013, 04:40 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Man Preparing for 'Rapture' Blows Up Family Dog Because It Had 'The Devil in It'

A Washington father preparing for the rapture strapped the family dog's neck with explosives and blew it up on Sunday because it had "the devil in it."

According to a report from KOIN 6 News, 45-year-old Christopher Dillingham allegedly attached an explosive device to his family's Labrador Retriever and detonated it at about 4 a.m. outside his family's home in Stevenson, Wash.

The explosion, which decapitated the dog, triggered a flood of 911 calls directing police to Dillingham's house where they found the yard littered with the remains of the dog its former owner, Ty Freemantle, later identified affectionately as Cabella. Dillingham was arrested at the scene.
Man Preparing for 'Rapture' Blows Up Family Dog Because It Had 'The Devil in It'

Seriously?
Those danged leftwing liberals! Wth is the matter with them?

Old 08-15-2013, 07:02 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,603 times
I had no idea that a "Rapture Kit" contained explosives. The right wing nut job probably saw fluffy fetch a liberal newspaper and decided to kill his own pet. This sum biatch deserves hard prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies