Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2013, 05:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not conservatives. Their kids are all perfect from birth. From that first spoon to mouth - nothing is spilled or dropped. Sure I believe that.
Don't know that any kids are perfect. What I do know is if your kids can't be controlled take them out of the restaurant. Don't force others to deal with your child when they are pitching a fit. If the child makes a mess do your best to neaten up a little. That mess on the floor wasn't just a few crumbs.
I am always amazed when I watch parents ignore their kids behavior. It's as if they think we are all over joyed by temper tantrums.
In this case a real mess was made. I think the owner should have had more sense than to post the pictures on Facebook, but I can also understand the frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Your whole post says a lot about your character or lack of one. Because we have a disagreement about whether or not parents should be responsible for their children's actions and someone doesn't agree with your point of view, you immediately assume the person is intolerant and bigoted.

Crème is by no means smug or professing to be any better than anyone else but was raised with certain principals and morals that are clearly disappearing in today's society because so many feel no responsibility for their actions and will do no more than what is expected of them.

I've worked in the food industry and was appreciative of those who would throw their garbage away rather than leave it for me on the table - such a little thing but was greatly appreciated when it was busy. I've also been a medical professional for the past 35 years - it's not my job to take patients to the bathroom and tend to them - but if the aids are busy - it isn't beneath me either as I hope I receive the same compassion and treatment when I'm older.

She is smug and she does profess to be better than us dirty disgusting parents who dared have children who were Crumb Droppers. Every post has been filled with holier-than-thou crap showing how us lazy and "young" parents were too dumb to do anything about the Evil Crumbs.

I've worked in the food industry too. Guess what? It is part of the job to clean up after people. That is why many people go out to eat so they don't have to do it.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I sweep the crumbs into my hand from the table and put them on a plate. I arrange the plates and wrap our dirty napkins inside a clean one so someone else will not have to touch our mess.

But, no, I do not vacuum under the table. I don't believe anyone does that besides those in la-la City Data Land.
And that is more than fair. I dont see how anyone would expect more.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Not conservatives. Their kids are all perfect from birth. From that first spoon to mouth - nothing is spilled or dropped. Sure I believe that.

LOL I don't know. KUchief agrees with us and he is pretty conservative. When I had my first son, who was a Crumb Dropper, but otherwise a really happy, good baby I thought I had this parenting thing licked. I knew it all had to do with my superior parenting prowess when I saw how bad other children were in comparison to my angelic, sweet and quiet son.

Enter my second son....boy did I learn to eat crow!

Old 08-09-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Have you ever seen seniors make a mess at a restraunt? I sure have. Best ban them too. Sometimes they fart out loud even. How dare they interrupt everybody's dining experience.
Well some seniors are pretty hard to take. Naggy and whiney over the smallest detail. Oh and get the hell back when it's half off for seniors day. It is a stampede. LOL I watched one senior who I was with no less actually packing food into his wife's purse because it was a buffet.
But seniors really do deserve a thread all their own. LOL

Old 08-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
LOL I don't know. KUchief agrees with us and he is pretty conservative. When I had my first son, who was a Crumb Dropper, but otherwise a really happy, good baby I thought I had this parenting thing licked. I knew it all had to do with my superior parenting prowess when I saw how bad other children were in comparison to my angelic, sweet and quiet son.

Enter my second son....boy did I learn to eat crow!
But did you impose the 2nd son's behavior on everyone else? With my daughter I would take her out of the restaurant as soon as she started. She learned fast sitting in the car with dad sucked. No amount of crying got her back in that restaurant.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But did you impose the 2nd son's behavior on everyone else? With my daughter I would take her out of the restaurant as soon as she started. She learned fast sitting in the car with dad sucked. No amount of crying got her back in that restaurant.

He jumped in booths some. He was some times loud. Sometimes messy. All of it was a learning experience for all of us. We always corrected him and only once or twice was it bad enough that we had to leave.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
She is smug and she does profess to be better than us dirty disgusting parents who dared have children who were Crumb Droppers. Every post has been filled with holier-than-thou crap showing how us lazy and "young" parents were too dumb to do anything about the Evil Crumbs.

I've worked in the food industry too. Guess what? It is part of the job to clean up after people. That is why many people go out to eat so they don't have to do it.

Sorry but she's never referred to you as dirty or disgusting and certainly has not acted holier than thou. As far as the Evil Crumbs - you admit that you pick up after yourself in a restaurant and I would dare to say that you'd have your children eat over a plate or put a napkin on their lap to catch the crumbs - I'd probably even find you bending down to pick up some of the larger crumbs on the floor.

The fact that the owner has no other reference to bad behavior or pictures of messes left by other people on her Facebook acct. shows that this must have been a real mess. We don't know if they were disruptive or not but something set the owner off.

It's the stupidity of the mother that I laugh about - something had to have happened because instead of ignoring it she brings it to the attention of everyone in America.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
He jumped in booths some. He was some times loud. Sometimes messy. All of it was a learning experience for all of us. We always corrected him and only once or twice was it bad enough that we had to leave.

But you admit you corrected him and that you did leave a couple of times. All of us have those learning experiences with our kids - they certainly aren't angels all the time.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:09 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Originally Posted by KUchief25
Have you ever seen seniors make a mess at a restraunt? I sure have. Best ban them too. Sometimes they fart out loud even. How dare they interrupt everybody's dining experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well some seniors are pretty hard to take. Naggy and whiney over the smallest detail. Oh and get the hell back when it's half off for seniors day. It is a stampede. LOL I watched one senior who I was with no less actually packing food into his wife's purse because it was a buffet.
But seniors really do deserve a thread all their own. LOL
If people don't like kids and seniors around them when they go out to eat:

Problem solved!

If you can't control your children when you go out to eat:

Problem solved.

If you're a restaurant owner and prefer to keep your stuff from being destroyed:

Problem solved!

One of my all time favorites:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies