Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 07:04 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

This economy has always been boom or bust....so look at the message you are sending.

That the elected officials are figureheads and really not serviceable in any meaningful way. But yet, you want to recognize that "the system" is rigged for whites and against blacks. But on the flipside of that token you want to gloss over the fact that white people are much more likely to have their hands all over anythig, bad or good, because of the makeup.

So, after this truckload of perceptive drivel and hyperbole...all you want to say is that a black man needs to be in seat when the wave comes to ease peoples perceptions? What happens when Kwame 2.0 is in tow?

It's it back to the trusted "framing the black man" rhetoric?

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 08-08-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 07:18 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Racism has been so long and so profound that even if all racism ended in the hearts and minds of whites, that racism would continue via the momentum created through the force of past racism. This “coasting” created from the force of past racism would manifest as things continuing to impact black people more negatively than white people, even without the intent in the hearts and minds of whites for it to be so.

As an example, take poverty and “class-ism”. If racism no longer existed, in this hypothetical, while class-ism remained, the “coasting” legacy effect is that class-ism would impact more negatively on blacks than whites. Why, you might ask? The reason being is that one of the consequences of racism is that it left blacks with nearly 3 times the rate of poverty of whites. If racism vanished in 1970, mysteriously, in 1971 blacks had 3 times the rate of white poverty as a reaction to the 300 plus years actions of white racism. Thus, class-ism impacts blacks disproportionately, as a legacy effect of racism.

The leading candidate to be the next Mayor of Detroit is a white guy. As a write in candidate, he received the most votes in the most recent runoff. Why now? The recent filing of bankruptcy by the city of Detroit is a LAGGING INDICATOR. In other words, it represents the state of things PAST and not FUTURE, as opposed to a LEADING INDICATOR which foreshadows the future. The truth is that Detroit has turned the corner, led by entrepreneurs who have divested from the suburbs and invested Billions in the city, as well as, the rebounding of the region’s main economic engine, the auto industry, plus the political realization in Michigan that the state needs a healthy Detroit to optimize the states potential.

The problem with a white guy as Detroit mayor, at this juncture, is that it sends the wrong subliminal message about race. What will happen is that the turnaround of Detroit, which has already been well underway with black leadership, will be credited to white leadership, and all of Detroit’s decline years will be credited to black leadership, despite the fact that the decline of Detroit was well underway, under Cavanaugh, before black leadership set foot in controlling offices of the city. Even though the intent is not likely such, it works to fortify the doctrine of black inferiority and the widely held belief that blacks cannot govern successfully, as a general rule, a belief that existed long ago and put to film in the movie “Birth of a Nation”.

The truth is..... I actually believe that the white guy would be better for Detroit, even though the city is over 80% black. The reason being is that even without the existence of the malice based racism (in the fantasy world free of white racism), the legacy impact of past racism would be such that it has created skewed statistics which allow people to rationalize, without malice, that a white person will likely do better than a black person. In other words, it allows whites to reason logically, given statistics, that whites do a better job at governing and such, and hence their level of confidence in the cities future will rise with a white face in office, as opposed to another black one, which they will link with incompetence and corruption.

Already, turnaround has a white face. The areas of Detroit that are currently seeing a “turnaround” are synonymous with the areas that are seeing the whitest influx and investments. It makes me chuckle that white influx is associated as a catalyst for the cities turn around, but the massive white exodus of previous decades was not the root explanation of the cities decline, but rather, the cause was “blacks”. Whites’ returning to the city is turns the city around, while whites’ leaving in mass produces no effect is illogical…..but again, we are coasting.

Economics rest on the foundation of confidence. Whites returning to leadership position in Detroit will increase white confidence in the city and since about 70% of the people in Southeastern Michigan are white, and since the legacy effect of racism has given whites more income and wealth to work with than blacks, white confidence in the city is key to its revitalization, because they have the critical mass of bodies and monies that influences market demand, value, investment and the like. Thus, if or when Detroit elects in first white Mayor in decades, Detroit will gradually boom from the core outward, with massive new residents and investments.
What a story of victimhood.
Here's the Bottom line for a lot of people.

I
Don't
Care
Any
More.

I'm totally fatigued with the constant litany of "White's are Racist, have always been Racists and no matter what they do ....... will forever more be Racists". For ever and ever .... Amen.

You win .... do whatever you please and leave the rest of us out of it. Don't expect any more "Bailouts" for Detroit. I'm done with the last 60 years of being blamed for stuff I never had a tiny thing to do with.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I read the title and snorted.
Why on earth would anybody want to be mayor of that cesspool?
Maybe you should gain some knowledge on a subject before speaking. An infantile response is not an argument.
How underdog story propelled Mike Duggan to top vote-getter in Detroit primary | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Yeah, the write-in white guy in 90% black Detroit.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 08-08-2013 at 08:03 PM..

Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
This economy has always been boom or bust....so look at the message you are sending.

That the elected officials are figureheads and really not serviceable in any meaningful way. But yet, you want to recognize that "the system" is rigged for whites and against blacks. But on the flipside of that token you want to gloss over the fact that white people are much more likely to have their hands all over anythig, bad or good, because of the makeup.

So, after this truckload of perceptive drivel and hyperbole...all you want to say is that a black man needs to be in seat when the wave comes to ease peoples perceptions? What happens when Kwame 2.0 is in tow?

It’s simplistic to suggest that the economy always goes boom or bust. Generally speaking, it’s the expansion and contraction of the money supply which influences boom and bust cycles more than anything else, and gets exacerbated by losses of confidence which creates a paradox of thrift, or, the opposite, “irrational exuberance” which leads to profligate consumption and risk taking, and bubbles.

Yes, white people do have their hands all over everything and hence are linked to the greatest advancements and goods, as well as the greatest collapses and bad, as it’s the double edged sword of being human.

Quote:
That is a CONDITIONED reaction......to 300 plus years of it being true. Again, at some point white America has to come to grips with the fact that their actions created many negative reactions.....and stop attempting to sweep the root cause of those reactions under the rug.....so that all the blame can be placed on the reactors and not the actors.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times
You can't expect people to feel indebted for unintended consequences. Somebody has always come up short in life since our inception.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 PM

78,333 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I guess the OP got tired of the other thread where they kept blaming everything on the white devil and claimed Kwame's 84million robbery of the city pension fund was a frame job by.....yep, whites.

Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
You can't expect people to feel indebted for unintended consequences. Somebody has always come up short in life since our inception.
I do not look at things that way. The scientific methodology is cause and effect....actions producing reactions.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
What a story of victimhood.
Here's the Bottom line for a lot of people.

I
Don't
Care
Any
More.

I'm totally fatigued with the constant litany of "White's are Racist, have always been Racists and no matter what they do ....... will forever more be Racists". For ever and ever .... Amen.

You win .... do whatever you please and leave the rest of us out of it. Don't expect any more "Bailouts" for Detroit. I'm done with the last 60 years of being blamed for stuff I never had a tiny thing to do with.

What I honestly do not understand is the propensity of many whites, who I assume are not racist, to give shelter and comfort to those whites who are or have been racist. There are white racist and there have been many white racist and they have done things that made America an unequal in regard to race and socioeconomics. That does not mean that 100 percent of whites are therefore indicted as racist co conspirators, or even the majority for that matter.

The fact that it was whites who rioted and destroyed the “Black Wall Street” in Tulsa, Oklahoma, is not lessened in impact from the fact that all whites did not participate in the act. It seems to me that the people that you should be disgusted with are the whites who do these bad things because they are at the root of the problem of whites being seen as racist. When you dismiss racism you give cover to racist

Old 08-08-2013, 08:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
There is a good reason we have ghost towns, throughout the USA.....

Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Actually, I think you should focus on "Will Detroit elect a Republican mayor?" as opposed to the color of the mayor. I think that is where the real ideology will play out. There are plenty of cities in this country that are ran successfully that have Black mayors. Detroit is usually a strawman when it comes to someone wanting to debate on the internet on the failures of black people or liberals. I say that because the conveniently ignore the rest of the evidence that says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies