Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 05:26 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,313,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Saved or created millions of jobs was deemed the correct response.
Saved or created few jobs. To me it stopped the loss of jobs, and created few
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 05:35 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,983,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
There's an explanation of their methodology in the study. Go to the section "A Note on the Question of What is “True"."
All that does is back up my assertion that the entire thing is arbitrary questions asked in a horrible ways in order to get the replies that they wanted. This has nothing to do with who is smarter than someone else. This is about creating a poll or quiz to be used against people of a certain political persuasion which is exactly what the OP and every other person who has reposted this quiz over and over again is doing.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:36 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,442,557 times
I think the poor performance of Fox Viewers has to do due to fact that their audience tends to be older and might be suffering from memory problems or have just become "out of the loop." I'm surprised that commercials for Metamucil and male impotence aren't being spammed during every commercial break.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I think the poor performance of Fox Viewers has to do due to fact that their audience tends to be older and might be suffering from memory problems or have just become "out of the loop." I'm surprised that commercials for Metamucil and male impotence aren't being spammed during every commercial break.
What we need are more MSNBC viewers who can't spell or speak English very well.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 PM

2,239 posts, read 1,380,061 times
100% for me. I used to watch tv news, now not so much.
Also, I just chose my answers based on how I thought Obama supporters would answer.
Worked like a charm!
Biased quiz? Nah...........

Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,581,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
All that does is back up my assertion that the entire thing is arbitrary questions asked in a horrible ways in order to get the replies that they wanted.
That is what you got from reading the methodology?

Quote:
This has nothing to do with who is smarter than someone else. This is about creating a poll or quiz to be used against people of a certain political persuasion which is exactly what the OP and every other person who has reposted this quiz over and over again is doing.
Wrong. The Christian Science Monitor piece is about getting readers. The point of the study, which was not simply those 11 questions, was assessing the perception of misinformation and pointing to possible correlations. That's it. If you read through the study, you'd see that misinformation among lots of different news outlets is pretty pervasive.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
That is what you got from reading the methodology?

Wrong. The Christian Science Monitor piece is about getting readers. The point of the study, which was not simply those 11 questions, was assessing the perception of misinformation and pointing to possible correlations. That's it.
I didn't even read the CWM piece, I remember if from a couple years ago when it came out. I read the study and the articles that quickly debunked it, I also remembered those from 2010 when this first hit every left wing website around. It's been posted here quite a few times, liberals love to remind people that truly believe that they're intellectually superior to anyone they disagree with.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:21 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,622,303 times
heh, I have the OP on ignore, so I'm the smartest of all!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,581,495 times
Quote:
I didn't even read the CWM piece, I remember if from a couple years ago when it came out. I read the study and the articles that quickly debunked it, I also remembered those from 2010 when this first hit every left wing website around. It's been posted here quite a few times, liberals love to remind people that truly believe that they're intellectually superior to anyone they disagree with.
You must have missed the part in the study about NPR and MSNBC listeners/viewers.

Old 08-08-2013, 06:24 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,224,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The test is dumb. Impression ?. Is there climate change?.. there has been climate change for thousands of years.. it is called the four seasons now.
This, right here, is the seeming lack of intelligent thought that this thread and the survey address.

When people refer to climate change, they obviously do not mean the changing of the seasons. Perhaps you were trying to be facetious or witty, but if you were, you didn't do yourself any favors...

Never mind that people who are shown to be the subjects of negative surveys/studies ALWAYS argue that the surveys/studies are OBVIOUSLY flawed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies