Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:38 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Also reflects heat back to the surface..
Greenhouse effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So...there you go....it all evens out!

No more arguing.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 08:41 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post

He again equated GW deniers with racists, apartheid, and homophobes.

Posted with TapaTalk
I'd like to hear that, got a link?

Old 08-22-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
So...there you go....it all evens out!

No more arguing.

Posted with TapaTalk
It doesnt even out according to what i read .

Quote:
According to Beate Liepert, "We lived in a global warming plus a global dimming world and now we are taking out global dimming. So we end up with the global warming world, which will be much worse than we thought it will be, much hotter."[44] The magnitude of this masking effect is one of the central problems in climate change with significant implications for future climate changes and policy responses to global warming.[43]

Old 08-22-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I'd like to hear that, got a link?
Sure!

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wo...lobal-warming/

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-22-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
It doesnt even out according to what i read .
Question......

How do you explain that scientists recently found that tree rings prove the Earth was much warmer about 2000 years ago (in Roman times)?

Were the Romans' car exhaust and coal fired electrical grid to blame for that?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
What are the causes in the past that do not exist today?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
I believe the temps were dropping, but as in every single instance in life, everything goes thru a cycle.
Earth has had it's share, way before we were alive, and will continue to do so, way after we're gone.

Man has a habbit of "thinking" he can control everything, but the sad fact is, we can't. If it is going to happen, it will happen, nothing we can do about it...

I also heard, this winter in the East, is going to be like the winters we used to have in the 50's Extremely cold and wet....

I remember winters all we had was snow, that it was piled up so high, along the sidewalks, we used to walk them around all the streets. It was also very very cold.

Everything, but everything, has a cycle, a time, and yes, it was getting warmer, the ice caps were melting, but was it Global warming? For many it probably was....but there is nothing we can do about it, and I certainly do not believe it to be a human cause....do we contribute to it, yes, but not enough to change the weather. It changes on her own, and will continue to change...

Earth had an ice age, a global warming, earth quakes, volcanos, which now they think caused the prehistorics to be wiped out. My gosh, doesn't anyone read history? It is never ever going to stay the same, as in life, everything rotates and moves on...

Old 08-22-2013, 11:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
What are the causes in the past that do not exist today?

Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 PM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Yep, FOX sends me a check every two weeks.

If FOX was that influential, Obama would not have been elected president.

Nice strategy, pretend the entire anti 'human caused global warming' effort is propaganda by FOX and FOX is, what did O say about FOX, something like it wasn't legitimate news? and therefor conclude the source of HCGW opposition is invalid so the words of that source are also invalid. Great strategy because it precludes engaging in discussion about the science of HCGW.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Question......

How do you explain that scientists recently found that tree rings prove the Earth was much warmer about 2000 years ago (in Roman times)?

Were the Romans' car exhaust and coal fired electrical grid to blame for that?

Posted with TapaTalk
No one is questioning that the Earth has gone through warming cycles in the past, the question for todays residents of the Earth is by using 100 million barrels of fossil fuel/oil per day are we contributing to a rapid rise in global temperatures/global warming? as said before i personally am not a climatologist and can only give an opinion but it seems logical IMO that using 100 million barrels of oil per day there must be some environmental repercussions and i'm not about to dismiss the possibility of our causing some environmental negative just because Rush Limbaugh says we arent.
Thanks for the link to Al Gore although one has to take an article that starts off with "In this lightly edited interview transcript"with a grain of salt,It would be a bit of a stretch to say in that article he again equated GW deniers with racists, apartheid, and homophobes
.Is this what you base that claim on?
Quote:
.I remember as a boy when the conversation on civil rights was won in the South. I remember a time when one of my friends made a racist joke and another said, hey man, we don’t go for that anymore. The same thing happened on apartheid.
If so you are taking what he says out of context as reading on its apparent he was using the narrative to describe the nuclear arms race with the freeze movement.

Last edited by jambo101; 08-22-2013 at 01:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies