Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,320 times

Advertisements

Obama and Putin are aware that the Olympics are often used for political purposes.

The U.S. will not allow their best athletes to compete in the Olympics if they break certain laws of the United States I'm sure. If a male athlete butt banged a 17 year old girl that begged the athlete to do it, I'm sure the United States would ban him from the Olympics, and to appeal to feminists President Obama would publicly express his displeasure at such immorality and criminality, and would appeal to "higher" American virtues than winning medals.

I have no problem with Russian gay athletes competing in the Olympics. I also have no problem with athletes using steroids (steroids will not magically turn someone into a world class athlete--but nor will becoming a meat eater instead of restricting everyone to a vegan diet).

But I do like that Putin and Russia are putting up a defensive wall to every Western interest group that thinks it has delivered the Holy Quran, so to speak, to mankind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 02:22 PM

234 posts, read 184,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I am not using my 'culture' to judge others. There are countless aspects about American culture that I find repulsive as well. You claim my viewpoints come from my culture, well at least they aren't coming from PURE BIGOTRY like yours are!

"Human rights as a concept is a social engineering mechanic." No, no it is NOT smart one! Human rights are inalienable. Human rights cross cultural and ethnic boundaries. I don't expect you or Russians to understand this though as Russia has probably the worst human rights record on history. But hey, I guess YOU think instances like the Holodomar were completely OKAY because Russian culture permitted it!

Human rights never has been and never will be a form of cultural imperialism. If you truely believe this then you need to look at yourself in the mirror and face up to the bigot that you are. Using some STUPID excuse that TORTURING other HUMAN BEINGS is okay because your culture allows it. I don't know what culture you belong to, but you need to start analyzing its flaws real quick.
That's nice. Do fries come with all that?

Agitators like you always toss around shaming buzzwords and invoke questioners to look within, while never really doing it yourselves as you accept wisdumb from those who provide you with all the easy heart-tugging righteous answers. You would fit perfectly in the toolshed of a Stalin or a Hitler or any of the other humanitarians that have used their political power to destroy anything that gets in their way no matter the cost.

Now define PURE BIGOTRY. Have you looked within yourself? There it is! But you don't even understand culture and the fact that it is what it is: a composite mirror of what people are. Too bad if you don't like it.

I'm curious, Insane, how many Russians do you know?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:26 PM

234 posts, read 184,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, the irony.

You insist on the importance of cultural relativism and then conclude with your own invocation of imperialism.
Irony? That died in America on 9/12/2001. Whatever do you mean?

You misunderstand. The poor child has issues concerning his own homosexuality. I merely pointed that out so that rather than concern him/herself with Russian society, he/she could better themself. Confusion within is the leading cause of cultural imperialism and the desire to coerce others to do as they are told to do by someone half-a-world away who do what they do because they need direction and a sense of helping others dims the craving to help themselves.

'Human rights' is a sham concept created to force others in non-Western places to treat their own according to a foreign moral structure. That's it. It is a weapon in modern warfare.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama is bringing it up... do you have ears?

This is a game that the left plays, Taratova. They flaunt their gay agenda in your face and then accuse you of being obsessed with gay sex when you object to it.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,960,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Obama is playing a game. If he is so insistent on parading gays around....why doesn't he give this same lecture to our middle eastern friends who are far more oppressive of gay and women's rights?
yeah, he wants the gay vote next time..

Old 08-10-2013, 03:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
This is a game that the left plays, Taratova. They flaunt their gay agenda in your face and then accuse you of being obsessed with gay sex when you object to it.
yes, they sound quite odd as this president pushes gay issues in every facet he can think of..the special interest gay group has pushed issues for years, Obama must have some background in this to make it such an important topic after his second election was in the bag.. Obama didn't bring it up for his first term because he was hiding his true self and ignoring anti-gay legislation but now he is out of the closet with no stake of losing a second term. Obama has a few years to push what he thinks is important.. Obama comes from his own private experiences such as interjecting himself in racial matters because of his black liberation history.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:28 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Smell View Post
That's nice. Do fries come with all that?

Agitators like you always toss around shaming buzzwords and invoke questioners to look within, while never really doing it yourselves as you accept wisdumb from those who provide you with all the easy heart-tugging righteous answers. You would fit perfectly in the toolshed of a Stalin or a Hitler or any of the other humanitarians that have used their political power to destroy anything that gets in their way no matter the cost.

Now define PURE BIGOTRY. Have you looked within yourself? There it is! But you don't even understand culture and the fact that it is what it is: a composite mirror of what people are. Too bad if you don't like it.

I'm curious, Insane, how many Russians do you know?
Bull **** I would. It is you who would fit right in with those despicable human beings. I am calling for tolerance of others. It is you who is calling for the persecution of other humans.

Let me remind you of the definition of a bigot Bigot - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Someone who is intolerant or hateful towards others because of a prejudice. I have zero prejudice towards Russians. It is most Russians who have a prejudice towards gay people (along their prejudice towards blacks, Muslims, Jews, Chinese, you name it ). It is Russians who incite the hatred. A response would only be natural.

I know a handful of Russians. Tampa, Fl doesn't have a large community of them. Key West, FL does though and they seemed pleasant enough every time I visit. Why do you ask?

Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, I do? That's news to me, given that I can't stand a lot of what the man says and does. Perhaps you are confusing my defense of logic with mindless praise for Obama. Those are two very different things. I understand, however, why you don't get the difference.

So I'm the boss of you? I make you do all those things?

And you too should be concerned with equality and liberty. It's certainly a shame that you aren't.
Your words are empty . I know where they come from.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:31 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,621,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They certainly have that right, with their HIGH moral standards, and all.....
Is that what you're saying? Do you need to be reminded of child brides, beheadings and honour killings?
And you have the gall to call Obama a hypocrite?
Islamic countries are the LAST ones who should cry about moral standards. Ezpecially with sexual matters. Their men butt bang each other as an accepted thing, albeit hypocritically. They publically condemn homosexuality, and practice it regularly, to averted eyes. As much as Islamic countries hate women, and view them as "unclean" ...it's ludicrous! They are total barbarians. Using that term in a modern context.

Countries, such as Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan et al, are disgusting examples of the worst of religious and moral hypocrisies. Were they to boycott the Games, or athletes of their own going to the games, based on the grounds of homosexual involvements, that just shows their hypocrisy more overtly. I saw some things during some time spent in such countries, when I was with a DoD contractor, that curled my hair about Islamic theocratic government. They have NO room to blast sexual "deviancies" as grounds for anything. The Games included.

Good grief!! I have already mentioned the countries of origin for the games. Homosexuality was a TOTAL non issue, and was actually considered the norm amongst the Greeks, Spartans etc. Sexual habits are not the defining aspect of an athlete.

Personally, I LOVE women. I'm a man. I figger nature made women as pleasing to the eye, the intellect and the touch for a reason. Thus, my low opinion of Islamic views, and my disgust at their hypocrisy on homosexuality. The Games, however, are not a platform for religious prattle and moral lip service to sexual habits. This is a competition of physical prowess. So, Islam, the Vatican, whoever, needs to just sit down, shut up, and deal.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:34 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Smell View Post
Irony? That died in America on 9/12/2001. Whatever do you mean?

You misunderstand. The poor child has issues concerning his own homosexuality. I merely pointed that out so that rather than concern him/herself with Russian society, he/she could better themself. Confusion within is the leading cause of cultural imperialism and the desire to coerce others to do as they are told to do by someone half-a-world away who do what they do because they need direction and a sense of helping others dims the craving to help themselves.

'Human rights' is a sham concept created to force others in non-Western places to treat their own according to a foreign moral structure. That's it. It is a weapon in modern warfare.
Guess again. Out and proud here.

And if you truly believe your second paragraph then god help you (or a psychiatrist help you). If people with mindsets like yours ran the world we would still be living in societies of Serfs. FYI serfdom is another cultural flaw that Russia had a very hard time letting go of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies