Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Apparently 0bama thinks gays and lesbians are gifted with unique, and powerful athletic skills. Who knew?
No, the president knows that there are some athletes who are gifted with unique and powerful skills who also happen to be gay and who should not have to risk life and limb to compete in the Olympic Games due to their being held in Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 03:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Then the president should go to the Olympic committee and take it up with them. They are the ones who awarded the Olympics to the commies. Looks like the global elites have some egg on their faces. Obama is too busy golfing right now to worry about those athletes though so maybe he'll get to it later?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
That is certainly the context in how he said it. Or at least the way he said it haz folks looking at it that way. It's certainly interesting how homosexual athletes are being made into such a huge issue. Not like its anything new and unusual. Only a few thousand years worth.

The sexual habits of athletes does not contribute to or detract from, their performance on the field. Unless they stayed up romping all night before their events or had a spat or some such thing ybat is distracting them. But, what the hell, lets just put the spotlight on gay athletes. Forget about performance on the field. Being gay and in the Olympic Games is SPECIAL. wtfe...
Why is it an issue now?

Seriously.

Have people really not seen the news the last few days?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
It's truly ironic that Russia has become a more moral society than America. We have no place preaching our perverted morals to them in the name of so-called "human rights". Their granting asylum to Snowden is eerily similar to our granting asylum to Solzinetsin when the Soviet union was the Evil Empire.
More moral?

Encouraging the torture and murder of gay people is moral?

Seriously?

Russia: the Next Third Reich? - The Daily Beast

Old 08-13-2013, 04:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Then the president should go to the Olympic committee and take it up with them. They are the ones who awarded the Olympics to the commies. Looks like the global elites have some egg on their faces. Obama is too busy golfing right now to worry about those athletes though so maybe he'll get to it later?
Russia was chosen to host the upcoming Olympics in July 2007. Putin signed the legislation concerning the "propaganda of nontraditional sexual relations" in June 2013.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:07 PM

July 2007 is long gone.

Like I said Obama needs to take it up Olympic Committee especially if he feels US athletes will be in danger of being arrested and tortured which is what you are claiming.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
July 2007 is long gone.

Like I said Obama needs to take it up Olympic Committee especially if he feels US athletes will be in danger of being arrested and tortured which is what you are claiming.
We aren't "claiming" anything.

This comes directly from one of the co-sponsors of Russia's anti-gay law.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...257c%257c%257c

Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
July 2007 is long gone.
I'm glad you recognize that, and the fact that the IOC couldn't have known when Russia was chosen to host that six months before the Games legislation such as this would be passed.

Quote:
I am? I think that gay US athletes are going to be arrested and tortured? I dreamt that up? Really?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
We aren't "claiming" anything.

This comes directly from one of the co-sponsors of Russia's anti-gay law.

Russia Warns Gay Athletes at Olympics Could Be Arrested - Bing Videos
So if they don't violate the law of another country they will be fine. So what's the big deal? Just don't go around speaking about it in front of children or display symbols like your video mentioned. Why would they anyway they aren't there to protest but compete in the Olympics. Do you think that Olympic Athletes should be immune from other countries laws?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I'm glad you recognize that, and the fact that the IOC couldn't have known when Russia was chosen to host that six months before the Games legislation such as this would be passed.

I am? I think that gay US athletes are going to be arrested and tortured? I dreamt that up? Really?
Why would you dream for something like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies