Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I see someone has soiled his diaper already. When is your nanny due to change you?

Here's a bulletin: Anyone who is walking down the street openly carrying a weapon, I'll run you over. Considered yourself warned.
Stay away from Meridian Av. in Puyallup, WA. It's not uncommon to see people walking with long guns, on their way to the gun show. There have never been any issues that I know of, but evidently if you happen to drive down that street, there is going to be mayhem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 07:05 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,392,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Stay away from Meridian Av. in Puyallup, WA. It's not uncommon to see people walking with long guns, on their way to the gun show. There have never been any issues that I know of, but evidently if you happen to drive down that street, there is going to be mayhem.
I have been up and down Meridian in Puyallup (though I tend to avoid it if possible, because of the heavy traffic) and I have never seen anyone openly carrying a gun. Guns belong in cases, not being waved around in public by someone who may or may not be a lunatic.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:08 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
Did you miss the part of the article that mentioned that the woman hollered at him and he turned and pointed the gun at her. That air soft gun is designed to look very much like a real fire arm. She was within her rights to defend herself.
For some reason that part was left out of the excerpt posted here

Old 08-09-2013, 07:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
In other words, you CAN'T find anything I wrote before the update, that was not fully in accordance with the original article?
Didn't even bother to look. Neither did you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As I thought, leftists can never accept that they're wrong.

SSDD (yawn)
I get it, you're embarrassed because you look like a fool, so you're lashing out and trying to make your foolishness about me.

Isn't that an Alinsky tactic?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Oh well. She stood her ground. Lol

Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
I have been up and down Meridian in Puyallup (though I tend to avoid it if possible, because of the heavy traffic) and I have never seen anyone openly carrying a gun. Guns belong in cases, not being waved around in public by someone who may or may not be a lunatic.
Drive down Meridian on a Sat or Sun morning when a gun show is scheduled, and I guarantee that you will see people walking with guns. It has never caused a problem. On second thought, don't drive down Meridian on a Sat or Sun morning, since you vow to run people over with your vehicle.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Don't know what the fuss is over.

Full compliance of the law and a scumbag got run over. Too bad he didn't die.

Plus the prosecutor has done the right thing.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
I wonder what the outcome of this situation would have been if the person with the 'gun' was an off duty police officer. Or an on duty police officer in plain clothes.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:59 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
I wonder what the outcome of this situation would have been if the person with the 'gun' was an off duty police officer. Or an on duty police officer in plain clothes.
That is what makes me laugh about these types of incidents. There have been cases like this were beat cops have either blown a undercover case or in one case, killed a plain clothes cop, just based on a sight of a weapon. There was a one case were a Metro cop in DC blew an undercover investigation when he drew his gun on a undercover cop who was tailing a suspect. Then there was a more tragic case on Long Island were a beat cop shot an plain clothes detective who was responding to a robbery call. The sight of a gun along should not trigger a fatal reaction from someone, regardless of whether they are a civilian or not.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
LOL hate to say it but the dipweed with the toy gun got what he deserved. When he pointed the toy gun at that woman in the car she had every right to stop him by any means in her power.
I agree.

I don't understand what the hullabaloo is about. If someone points what appears to be a gun at me, I, too, will run over his ass. Twice. Once forward, then backward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies