Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 06:59 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
Idiot?

Yes

Driver?

Even bigger idiot. Guilty before proven innocent.

Would you say she stalked him and attacked rather than allowing the police to respond?

Zimmerman?

#Justice4White

And how the hell can you survive in Eastern NC with that brainwashed "pre-crime - government supported assault is good" mentality?
Great analogy, except that Trayvon Martin wasn't holding a weapon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 07:02 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
I'm a firearm owner and probably would have done the same thing, honestly... especially if he was walking toward a group of kids.

I guess some of the people here would have pulled over to shake his hand and tell him that they love guns, too... maybe have a game of you show me your (gun), I'll show you mine.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.
I think someone needs to find the DA and run him over. After all, he "might" try to kill some children someday.

The stupidity of both the DA and the driver are amazing.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think someone needs to find the DA and run him over. After all, he "might" try to kill some children someday.

The stupidity of both the DA and the driver are amazing.
If you were walking down the street & you had your gun on you, came across someone walking towards you with what you thought was a real gun & pointed it at you, what would you do? I think I'm not wrong in assuming that you would shoot them.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
If you were walking down the street & you had your gun on you, came across someone walking towards you with what you thought was a real gun & pointed it at you, what would you do? I think I'm not wrong in assuming that you would shoot them.
oddly I have to agree with you. If a wacko points a toy gun at me and it appears it is a real gun I will do my best to stop him. If he dies it's his choice not mine if a bullet i fired hits him.

I am under no obligation to search out if the gun is a toy gun or real when it is being pointed at me, unless maybe I am on a paint ball gun range.

I have 0 problem with the woman running over a wise guy with a toy gun, because he alledgedly pointed it at her. If it turns out it is proven the toy gunman did not point the gun at her and was simply carrying it she should be brought up on charges.

IT IS the fact he threatened her with it, that gives cause for her to defend her life.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:42 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Drive your ground?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:12 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
What's the point of this thread? To point out that the government is getting even more useless?

Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Your point.
The point is these guns are very realistic looking and if the guy did point it at her as she claims then she was perfectly justified. I would have run the guy down too.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:24 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post

Here's a bulletin: Anyone who is walking down the street openly carrying a weapon, I'll run you over. Considered yourself warned.
Here's a bulletin for you, had that been a real weapon and loaded he was not committing any crimes by walking down the street with it. Open Carry in PA is perfectly legal as it is in many other states. You don't even need a permit here in PA.

If you decide to run someone over just becsue they are carrying a weapon you're the one going to jail.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Looks like you'd better be careful around Pittsburgh. If you are carrying a gun, a citizen can decide you're probably going to rob or shoot someone, and can run over you with their car, just in case.

A woman did exactly that to a man who was walking along carrying what looked like a shotgun. Police have stated that they will not charge her for running over him.

I guess the 2nd amendment says you can keep and bear arms. It doesn't say people are forbidden to run over you if you do it. Of course, the Framers didn't know about cars in 1791.......
Why do I get the feeling there's more to this story?

BTW, the "gun" turns out to be an Airsoft fake gun, that only shoots little plastic pellets.

Oops.

----------------------------------------------------

Police: Aliquippa Woman Thwarts Robbery By Running Over Suspect « CBS Pittsburgh

Police: Aliquippa Woman Thwarts Robbery By Running Over Suspect

Reporting Christine D’Antonio
August 9, 2013 2:49 PM

ALIQUIPPA (KDKA) – Police say a Beaver County woman may have thwarted a robbery, by running over a suspect with her car.

It happened in the 2100 block of McMinn Street in Aliquippa. Aliquippa police say a witness saw Cameron White walking down a street carrying what appeared to be a sawed off shotgun. She called police, but noticed that White was heading in the direction of a group of children.

Police say she feared White was going to shoot the children, so she ran over him with her car.
White was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe he was actually going to rob the Circle K mini-mart down the road and that she may have prevented the robbery.

They say White was carrying an airsoft pellet gun which had been sawed off to look like a shotgun, and the orange tip had been taken off.

The Beaver County District Attorney says they are not going to charge her with running White over.
I like this story better...
Topless Woman Arrested In Downtown Pittsburgh « CBS Pittsburgh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies