Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 07:38 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times

Advertisements

Obamacare installs new fines for charitable hospitals | The Daily Caller

Well this is one way of forcing Obamacare down everyone's throat. I can't wait for the rest of the goodies to come out.

Yet more reality verses fantasy

Obama Says Insurance Will Be 'Significantly Cheaper' Under Obamacare, But That Isn't True | The Weekly Standard

This monstrosity needs stopped now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 05:31 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
It's the law. It isn't going anywhere. Even the Republicans are talking about protecting the ACA's provisions regarding Guaranteed Issue, now, even though they're doing it in a childish effort to deprive poor people of affordable health care. It's pitiful to watch the RWNJs in Congress contort themselves around the realities they don't like, all the while trying to deny that they know that ACA is a step in the right direction, morally, even though it means a some people won't be able to afford that third HDTV or that extra vacation in Florida. Gosh what a quandary the RWNJs in Congress have: How to throw poor people out to "die in the streets" without it being so apparent that they're being selfish greed-mongers?

Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well I guess that's one way to mandate health insurance on people.
What..should hospitals turn away anyone uninsured now ?

Taking health CARE to a new low here.

Citizens without insurance turned away.
Illegal aliens without insurance..welcome.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Someday soon It will also be illegal to pay cash for your medical services.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Someday soon It will also be illegal to pay cash for your medical services.
Yeah, they haven't addressed that one yet.
30% discount for cash with some doctors.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No cash and no charities makes the ACA the supreme law of the land.

There will be an even larger outflow of people to other countries for Medical services.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No cash and no charities makes the ACA the supreme law of the land.

There will be an even larger outflow of people to other countries for Medical services.
There's a rise in concierge medicine. Pay about $2K and you have access to your doctor, just like the old days. And doctors can reduce their patient load.

I've been reading up on it. A few posters have it over in the retirement forum and have been posting about it. You get in to see your doctor quicker and not rushed plus additional benefits.

That might be the way to go for those that can afford the "membership".

Just wait as this catches on. You'll hear the cries of "It's not fair".

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...lth&id=9092213
Last fall, Dr. Lazowick told Wolf he was joining MDVIP.
It significantly reduces the number of patients doctors have - often reducing their practice to 500 to 600 from the previous 1,500 to 2,000.
But it allows for longer appointments, better access and a wellness program which includes a 90-minute initial appointment.
To continue in the doctors' practice, it costs $1,650 per person per year - out of pocket.
Wolf says he didn't want to change doctors, didn't mind the fee and is happy with the new model.
"I feel I get more sincere attention," Wolf said.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

30% ?

It is more than that.
My insurance denied any coverage when my mother in laws dog bit my daughter.
They had a $6000 emergency room bill.
I went to the hospital in the little town of 5000 people and they told me to pay $258 and were were settled.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
30% ?

It is more than that.
My insurance denied any coverage when my mother in laws dog bit my daughter.
They had a $6000 emergency room bill.
I went to the hospital in the little town of 5000 people and they told me to pay $258 and were were settled.
I don't know about hospital. This was just a regular doctor visit.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:10 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,745,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It's the law. It isn't going anywhere. Even the Republicans are talking about protecting the ACA's provisions regarding Guaranteed Issue, now, even though they're doing it in a childish effort to deprive poor people of affordable health care. It's pitiful to watch the RWNJs in Congress contort themselves around the realities they don't like, all the while trying to deny that they know that ACA is a step in the right direction, morally, even though it means a some people won't be able to afford that third HDTV or that extra vacation in Florida. Gosh what a quandary the RWNJs in Congress have: How to throw poor people out to "die in the streets" without it being so apparent that they're being selfish greed-mongers?
You believe everything you are told don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies