Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 09:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,142,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Looks like the capital of liberalism has hit a speed bump on the road to glorious diversity.

Been saying this for some time now. Once immigration reform is passed, Blacks will be pushed to the side once and for all.

Sign of things to come? Integration without blacks in New York City neighborhoods | Pew Research Center
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Black kids can't even trick or treat to certain homes. La Raza isn't about integration or assimilation.

Sign in front of Northeast El Paso home: "No blacks welcomed to trick-or-treat" - El Paso Times

"I understand she may feel that way toward blacks. She doesn't have to advertise it," said next-door neighbor Andre Sherman, who is black. "The whole spirit of Halloween is for the kids."

Sherman, 30, and his family moved in next door in January. He fears what may happen if a black child runs up to the home because Martinez has been seen carrying a rifle in her yard and yelling racial slurs.
Which is why I always laugh when liberals try to tell me that blacks and Hispanics are friends and are natural allies, blah blah blah. Hispanics don't like black people, they don't want anything to do with them.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:34 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,653,104 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
As long as it happens organically, why does it matter?

No one is barring blacks from living anywhere....and that's all that really matters.
I agree as long as its organic because people with naturally align themselves by race and then social classes within that race and eventually mix up with other races. So as long as its naturally then its basically inevitable. However its not the case everywhere because alot of hispanic folks will migrate behind where blacks have already carved a path for the minority and make sure everything is sweet for them first. Then they start building their infrastructure and their own communities right next to black communities.

Old 08-11-2013, 03:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Amnesty for millions of Mexicans will be a nightmare especially for the black underclass in America, most of whom not only have to struggle daily against their own violent gang culture, but the outside mainstream culture that rejects them, and now against a flood of immigrants of every racial stripe who continue to out-perform them for every school desk opening and every low- or middle-wage job available.

And the Democrats are bending over backwards to please these brown illegals who cannot speak English yet they don't do the same for black Americans who consistently vote for them. Why aren't the Democrat blacks outraged by this obvious racial favoritism?

Their policy of refusing to speak up against Obama and the Democrats is killing them.
So America is a racist country? That's what you just ssid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
I agree as long as its organic because people with naturally align themselves by race and then social classes within that race and eventually mix up with other races. So as long as its naturally then its basically inevitable. However its not the case everywhere because alot of hispanic folks will migrate behind where blacks have already carved a path for the minority and make sure everything is sweet for them first. Then they start building their infrastructure and their own communities right next to black communities.
So! What's wrong with that?

Old 08-11-2013, 05:01 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Which is why I always laugh when liberals try to tell me that blacks and Hispanics are friends and are natural allies, blah blah blah. Hispanics don't like black people, they don't want anything to do with them.
Agreed. Word is that Black Hispanics like Dominicans and many Puerto Ricans don't even like regular American Black people and WILL try to pass themselves off as "white", even the dark skin ones.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:04 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Black kids can't even trick or treat to certain homes. La Raza isn't about integration or assimilation.

Sign in front of Northeast El Paso home: "No blacks welcomed to trick-or-treat" - El Paso Times

"I understand she may feel that way toward blacks. She doesn't have to advertise it," said next-door neighbor Andre Sherman, who is black. "The whole spirit of Halloween is for the kids."

Sherman, 30, and his family moved in next door in January. He fears what may happen if a black child runs up to the home because Martinez has been seen carrying a rifle in her yard and yelling racial slurs.
That's messed up.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Can you provide some evidence that "liberals are now suggesting bringing in illegals to save Detroit?" I'd like to know your source for this statement. Is there some proposed legislation regarding this or is it just some baseless nonsense you are pulling out of your backside and presenting as factual?

You mean the way Reagan did with regards to amnesty?

What the heck do you even mean by this?
It's actually a really cool idea. It's something new, but it boils down to controlling where immigrants can move. Detroit in particular will be allowed to issue out green cards/work visas to specifically build back their tax base. It's probably the best idea I've heard to fix Detroit.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times
Quote:

what I recall of this story, even this woman's latino neighbors were concerned that she was a taco short of a combination and asking authorities to intervene, because she was running around with a loaded gun in the front yard and displaying bizarre behavior.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The worst part about it is many "Mexicans" ARE part Black but don't wanna face it, especially the real dark skin ones with curly hair.
the average Mexican is 5% black (west African descent). the dark skin, though, often comes from their native heritage. there are parts of Mexico, along the southern coast, with larger than normal black populations. look up Costa Chica.

Last edited by Californian34; 08-11-2013 at 06:33 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 PM

ha ha. this deteriorated quickly into one of those "black people should be on our side against illegals" threads. most of the Hispanics in NYC are Puerto Ricans, right? they're citizens. the real question is, has this housing "integration without blacks" effected the blacks in NYC financially. that's all I'm really concerned with. also, a lot of the blacks in NYC are actually from the Caribbean and Africa. my understanding is that many of them chose to live in their own ethnic areas. I agree with other posters, if no one is stopping black folks from moving to other areas, then it's a non issue.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:12 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
The result, they wrote, is an “emerging black/non-black color line, where Asians and Hispanics are increasingly aligned with whites while distancing themselves from blacks.”
Asians have never ever aligned themselves with the black community in terms of being part of the American non-white minority. My parents never felt that way and not my grandparents either. But then again, for decades with African Americans, all I've ever heard them gripe and celebrate about was the black experience (slaver roots, blues, Motown, soul and rap music). And all that Affirmative Action crap helped them and not the Asians. If anything, having to declare being Asian just meant possibly being denied acceptance into the top colleges and universities because were too many Asians having the top test scores and grades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies