Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did you see the clip that they showed before King and Navarro had that exchange? I think that Meet the Press set this whole thing up and was hoping that Navarro took the bait, which she did. When she spoke she was reacting to the clip that opened the session where King "described" drug smugglers. Basically the clip was King "speaking first", then she responded because she found the clip insulting/in poor taste(?), and then he responded getting his dig in.
King is a clown. This is the same guy who criticized federal aid to New Orleans, yet he asked the feds for aid to his home state after a winter frost.

Hypocrite, as are his supporters

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
King is a clown. This is the same guy who criticized federal aid to New Orleans, yet he asked the feds for aid to his home state after a winter frost.

Hypocrite, as are his supporters
WOW, who are his "supporters"???? I think Navarro was right - he's pretty insignificant because I didn't know about him until I did some research on him as a result of this thread.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:19 AM

531 posts, read 501,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
By "understand the language" I believe he meant the language of the bill. I think he handled himself much better than the woman in this video actually.
Yeah, this. While King's track record on immigration issues would lead someone to maybe not give him the benefit of the doubt on reading his intent, to me it was pretty clear he was referring to the legislative language.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:20 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
She did insult him, but why did he have to insult her by suggesting she doesn't understand his language??
'his' language?

where did he mention 'his' language?

oh that's right. he didn't.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:46 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dark View Post
Yeah, this. While King's track record on immigration issues would lead someone to maybe not give him the benefit of the doubt on reading his intent, to me it was pretty clear he was referring to the legislative language.
That's my take on it also but of course those who hate King because of his stance on illegal immigration will continue to spin it their way and play the victim card for this vile, insulting Hispanic woman.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's my take on it also but of course those who hate King because of his stance on illegal immigration will continue to spin it their way and play the victim card for this vile, insulting Hispanic woman.
Tell us how you really feel about Hispanics, don't hold back

Old 08-14-2013, 12:28 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Steve King doesn't differentiate whether someone is even a legal immigrant, and calls Latin American countries "violent civilizations", with the immigrants bringing it here to the United States:

Quote:
If you bring people from a violent civilization into a less-violent civilization, you’re going to have more violence right? It’s like pouring hot water into cold water, does it raise the temperature or not?

Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Steve King doesn't differentiate whether someone is even a legal immigrant, and calls Latin American countries "violent civilizations", with the immigrants bringing it here to the United States:
People who living in Latin America are not even immigrants, unless they moved there, which is proof that his hatred is towards non immigrants.

You have to migrate in order to be an immigrant.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:28 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
People who living in Latin America are not even immigrants, unless they moved there, which is proof that his hatred is towards non immigrants.

You have to migrate in order to be an immigrant.
But Steve King is saying the United States is becoming "more violent" as a result of immigrants coming here from those "violent civilizations" in Latin America...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies