Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 05:57 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Damn straight. That freak had it coming.
what a disgusting attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So if I, as a white man, walk alone at 3:00am through the worst ghettos of Chicago, the snakepits of Anacostia in DC, or the worst parts of South LA, and have something bad happen, it's not my fault? I had no reason to know better?

Sometimes the victim *is* asking for trouble and *should* know what to expect.
Again, why aren't you speaking out against the people who did this to him?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
what a disgusting attitude.
He's joking.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:20 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He knew the culture he lived in. What made him think he could dress like a woman and prance around at a straight party in a slum in Jamaica?
It's quite possible that he used poor judgment.

But it's also true that much more of the blame resides with the people who murdered him. Just because you don't like someone's choices - and even if they are bad choices - is not a license to kill them.

Funny how conservatives - especially ones who are religious - express no concern over this kind of a murder. They basically rush to defend it. Their morals are clearly askew, and they are certainly no Christians.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
horrible incident. Hopefully the murderers will face the same fate.

That being said don't walk across the street blind folded and complain to St. Peter at the gates.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Again, why aren't you speaking out against the people who did this to him?
It's their culture. What happened to celebrating diversity? I'm sure they must be victims of something to make them act that way. They were just expressing themselves.

Bottom line, it's not our country, out laws and social mores don't apply there, and it's none of our business. We're not responsible for the world acting to suit our preferences.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
It's their culture. What happened to celebrating diversity? I'm sure they must be victims of something to make them act that way. They were just expressing themselves.

Bottom line, it's not our country, out laws and social mores don't apply there, and it's none of our business. We're not responsible for the world acting to suit our preferences.
Huh? I have no idea what you're even talking about in the first part of your post. As for the second part, is it illegal to be transgender in Jamaica? Is it legal to kill transgenders in Jamaica? If it's none of our business, why are you even on this thread making judgment calls?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:36 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
He's joking.
oh, okay. I hope so. Still not familiar with everyone here to know if they're joking or a raging homophobe like EA.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:37 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He knew the culture he lived in. What made him think he could dress like a woman and prance around at a straight party in a slum in Jamaica?
Agree. What a complete idiot.

What was the point of his going to a straight party like that? What did he think would happen when a straight male made a pass at him? If a straight male started to flirt with him and then kissed him... what was he planning to do after that? The Jamaican culture is extremely homophobic. And any straight male there that was fooled into thinking he was a woman would think that a gay man was trying to trick him into a homosexual encounter... of course he was pummeled to death. Geesh.

I have no problems with transgender people, however please be honest about what you are and don't try to trick strangers into thinking that you are something that you aren't. Crossdressers have to be honest about what's underneath their clothing. And if you have a sex change operation, you also have to be honest about that with anyone you are planning to become physically intimate with.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
oh, okay. I hope so. Still not familiar with everyone here to know if they're joking or a raging homophobe like EA.
LOL, no problem. It can take awhile but you can also get a feel by looking at someone's posting history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies