Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is a better place to live?
Europe 61 37.20%
America 103 62.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,195,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You don't have to have a genocide. However, saying you peacefully coexist is a stretch. You hate each other. The blacks vs the whites vs the Hispanics vs the Muslims vs the Republicans vs the Democrats vs the religeous vs the atheists. All you have to do is read these forums to get a taste of the sheer loathing one group has towards the other.
Sorry but these forums are not the real world.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:17 AM

17,290 posts, read 29,314,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol, where did I say anything about religion?

You don't have to.

And even if you're not religious, your "point," such as it was, reminds me of the religious circuses that exist on this continent with such a ferocity unmatched in Europe.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:18 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
Quote:
You don't have to have a genocide. However, saying you peacefully coexist is a stretch. You hate each other. The blacks vs the whites vs the Hispanics vs the Muslims vs the Republicans vs the Democrats vs the religeous vs the atheists. All you have to do is read these forums to get a taste of the sheer loathing one group has towards the other.
Ahahahaha yea C-D forums totally represents how we view each other in the U.S.
You forigners are hilarious, and very clueless about us.
We all have friends from all kinds of different kinds of backgrounds. Religious, ethnicity or political

15,082 posts, read 14,267,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
No it's called responding to a post from another member. You weren't involved in that exchange yet have to jump in for some unknown reason. Didn't your parents teach you to speak only when spoken to? Take it to this medium and post only when posted to. Or more likely your parents were too busy working at the syrup factory to teach you any manners.
And there it is. The lame, recycled maple syrup jokes.
I guess you don't understand the concept of message boards. I have to wait until I'm personally addressed in order to respond? Cute.

29,409 posts, read 21,935,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Europe doesn't even have a problem with the Middle East. Europe should import oil from Iran as well if it wishes. It is not all about oil (although that has been an important part of it, ever heard of the Seven Sisters?), the US has been messing in various regions mostly for strategic reasons, just like it is now starting to mess around in East Asia.
Yeah they tried that game with Sadaam the tyrant and lost. Stabbed the old US in the back too with France and Germany and Turkey, who wanted into the pathetic EU, leading the way. Oil for food scandals abound and europeans still want to sit on their high horse acting like they are better than everybody else. Your flagship country Germany just a short time ago tried to kill everybody in Europe and folks pretend it never happened. Gimme a break.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,179,496 times
I always felt that living in the U.S. was the same as living in Europe, just a different part of town. I mean, I have, actually, lived in Europe. And been there a few times to visit the old neighborhood.

Neither place has it better, neither is more advanced, or more cool. They're just different places doing different things.

Someone else's perspective may vary, but that's his/her problem.

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
You don't have to.

And even if you're not religious, your "point," such as it was, reminds me of the religious circuses that exist on this continent with such a ferocity unmatched in Europe.
You must be pretty obsessed with religion because all I was talking about is killing babies.

29,409 posts, read 21,935,334 times
Quote:
And there it is. The lame, recycled maple syrup jokes.
I guess you don't understand the concept of message boards. I have to wait until I'm personally addressed in order to respond? Cute.
Good job. I posted and you responded.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:21 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,509,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

What is wrong with wanting some nice material goods if you work hard for it? Europeans seem to think it's evil to own luxury items or something.
I guess you DK many Europeans who live in Europe.

Generally speaking most cannot afford nice material goods, no different than their U.S. counterparts. They are however, less inclined to go into personal debt to acquire stuff.

Old 08-12-2013, 11:25 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,267,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Sorry but these forums are not the real world.
I lived in the US. I've never seen such divisiveness in my life. Everyone seems to hate each other. There were people in the States who wouldn't speak to me because I was a "ni__er-lover". Others wouldn't speak to me because I'm an atheist. I've known people in the US who said all American Muslims should be rounded up and shot. You may say you peacefully coexist with each other, but it's only a thin veneer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies