Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is a better place to live?
Europe 61 37.20%
America 103 62.80%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,513,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
More like violating the speed limit in order to get to an accident site at the horizon faster so that you increase the likelihood of being able to help survivors
I don't think he was saving anyone. Who knows how much information has gotten into terrorist hands that could not try to use that against us. I think he made the US less safe than it was before

Old 08-12-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, my Korean friends didn't say that.
But I'm sure you know better than everyone else.
You clearly have run out of things to say because you realize that your points are not valid. So now you are just going to insult me. So how about you just stop posting

Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyBrGr View Post
I don't think he was saving anyone. Who knows how much information has gotten into terrorist hands that could not try to use that against us. I think he made the US less safe than it was before
Snowden or not, the US will never be safe as long as it keeps messing in the Muslim world, it's as easy as that. The US keeps killing innocent people in Afghanistan, Pakistan etc., so why would terrorists from there, who after all consider themselves fighters for freedom and Islam, care about American civilians? I guess it would help if politicians in Washington stopped looking at the world from the US perspective, except for Americans the world does not revolve around the US. Any child dying in a drone attack in Afghanistan is just as precious as Obama's children.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Iraq was a UN effort, the US congress didn't actually declare war, and the only reason we got involved in Iraq was because we had evidence of weapons of mass destruction
You said "started a war" and they did.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
I am better than everyone else. Must be my huge American arrogance. Go live in Europe where you don't have to work for anything because the government goes broke handing it to you. Have fun being a hippie without a care in the world. Because who wants to work hard when European governments provide all the benefits of working. Please don't come back to the US, you have clearly shown your distaste for our nation. Go live in bankrupt Europe.
Now that's funny.
You know nothing about Europe.

The government hands everything to everyone, does it?

Have you considered trying to make sense?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Snowden or not, the US will never be safe as long as it keeps messing in the Muslim world, it's as easy as that. The US keeps killing innocent people in Afghanistan, Pakistan etc., so why would terrorists from there, who after all consider themselves fighters for freedom and Islam, care about American civilians? I guess it would help if politicians in Washington stopped looking at the world from the US perspective, except for Americans the world does not revolve around the US. Any child dying in a drone attack in Afghanistan is just as precious as Obama's children.
I believe it was the terrorist who pulled us over into that region

Old 08-12-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Now that's funny.
You know nothing about Europe.

The government hands everything to everyone, does it?

Have you considered trying to make sense?
You are a great example of how rude most Europeans are. They are like children, I strike down the points you have made, and instead of just walking away like a classy person would do. You turn to insulting my intelligence.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
You said "started a war" and they did.
Iraq was never an official declaration of war. The whole western world was wanting war in Iraq because of the intelligence that there were weapons of mass destruction

Old 08-12-2013, 04:25 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,759,513 times
I voted US, having lived both places. Primarily is because of our size, prosperity, and scenery. Still, I LOVE Europe, and my two stays there have been terrific. I could be quite happy there, it is just a slight difference in some personal preferences.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
I am better than everyone else. Must be my huge American arrogance. Go live in Europe where you don't have to work for anything because the government goes broke handing it to you. Have fun being a hippie without a care in the world. Because who wants to work hard when European governments provide all the benefits of working. Please don't come back to the US, you have clearly shown your distaste for our nation. Go live in bankrupt Europe.
Nobody in Europe works? Aren't you adorable? Is that anything like the 47% in the US on welfare, food stamps, and other social services? Isn't the US bankrupt as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies