Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:37 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,407 times

Advertisements

I believe in global warming, but I also believe in the ice age. It is and always has been a cycle. Sure, we should pollute less, but we aren't going to stop the warming cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM

345 posts, read 203,430 times
If you just happened to have been waring a Berka today it would have been particularly hot.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:18 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
If you just happened to have been waring a Berka today it would have been particularly hot.
It was 104 today without the berka.

Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,202 times
Sometimes you just have to belive in common sense.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:56 AM

404 posts, read 710,855 times
I didn't read the posts that were nearly a year old before I posted, I try to post first so that I don't get entangled in other peoples ideas while trying to express my own. I went back and read every post and see that I duplicated many of the same ideas that were already posted. So I guess we are all getting the same information. For once....

Pollution is a major concern and it's actually something we can do something about in our own homes. Getting Big Money, and Government to do something about it is an entirely different issue. They have problem on a global scale, not just the 50x100 square foot lot.

Old 08-11-2007, 04:22 PM

659 posts, read 1,373,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
No it is a liberal fantasy to get attention and votes. The science is NOT there and IF it was for reral, would liberals like Edwards, Al Gore, Kennedy Jr. etc fly back and forth of polluting private jets? Would they travel in non-Hybrid SUV caravans back and forth? Would they ride limos everywhere they go?

Oh and here is the best. If liberals cared about the environment, would Al Gore spend THOUSANDS of Dollars a month in his home in Tennessee??

Of course the whole thing is a sham. No one wants polluted skies and dirty rivers, but the whole Global Warming thing is a sham. If it was real, these liberals would not live like they do, polluting non-stop and doing what they do.

Oh did yopu also see the that "Global Warming" temperature monitors are all located next to heating vents or next to a place where they burn tires or near A/C exhausts... you know places that produce heat and cause the termometers to read higher temps?
Not many heating vents in Antartica, levels are rising down there too.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:06 PM

264 posts, read 694,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahpsuth View Post
I've read so many conflicting reports and seen so many TV programmes about global warming. I can't seem to make up my mind if we are ruining the planet or whether it's just going along as it should.
I had a world globe in my room when I was growing up. It was always about room temperature.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:01 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
This was on drudge this morning.

D.C. resident John Lockwood was conducting research at the Library of Congress and came across an intriguing Page 2 headline in the Nov. 2, 1922 edition of The Washington Post: "Arctic Ocean Getting Warm; Seals Vanish and Icebergs Melt."
The 1922 article, obtained by Inside the Beltway, goes on to mention "great masses of ice have now been replaced by moraines of earth and stones," and "at many points well-known glaciers have entirely disappeared."
"This was one of several such articles I have found at the Library of Congress for the 1920s and 1930s," says Mr. Lockwood. "I had read of the just-released NASA estimates, that four of the 10 hottest years in the U.S. were actually in the 1930s, with 1934 the hottest of all.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
"I had read of the just-released NASA estimates, that four of the 10 hottest years in the U.S. were actually in the 1930s, with 1934 the hottest of all.
Amazingly you hear NOTHING of this in the media. All the alarmist are playing it off as a minor detail. More obvious signs that neither are interested in a discussion, only supression of anything non AGW alarmist.

Old 08-20-2007, 10:27 PM

189 posts, read 344,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
"I had read of the just-released NASA estimates, that four of the 10 hottest years in the U.S. were actually in the 1930s, with 1934 the hottest of all.
What about the other six years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies