Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

This is one of the reasons why I would never raise a child in California. 18 and under is just a child, not a young adult imo. While I would teach my child to accept those that are different, I would not want my child to have to share a bathroom with a transgender. Just as I think that sex and sexual orientation should not be talked about in the scouts programs. These are topics that a parent has to discuss with their own children and to help them come to terms with all the intricacies of adulthood and being an independent person.

And if I had a transgender child or teen, they would get professional counseling. If they wanted to crossdress at home, fine. But for school, I would encourage a more neutral style. My parents didn't encourage me to be a sexual creature while in high school. I was just fine not going to the prom. Even in college, I wasn't that interested in pursuing having a boyfriend. I knew that once I left school, got a job and my own place (so I could have privacy) did I start to think about dating. And I'm glad that I waited.

Also, as a child, I was a tomboy and not a girly prissy feminine girl... and I also knew that I never wanted to have children. But never did I hate being a female. Anyway, I think that it's a mistake to encourage young people to fit into some comfortable box of being straight, gay/lesbian or possibly a transgender just being they are going through typical young people angst and/or their classmates are jerks and bullies about anyone who is slightly different. Or they are mixing having intense affectionate feelings with a best friend with having a sexual crush on them.

And I would also want my child to wait until they were at least 25 years of age before considering any sex change operations. I would want them to take their time to decide what they wanted to be in life since I've seen more than a few adults change back and forth between what sex they were attracted to. With young women I see that guys their own age these days are sexist jerks and with a pack mentality, so I understand when many college girls turn to being a lesbian and then later on when their male contemporaries mature and become better and respectful companions, they become straight.

Anyway, California and Gov. Jerry Brown are making mountains out of molehills as usual. And I was against California paying for a prisoner's sex change operation. I am also against insurance paying for that also.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:20 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,470,606 times
What is that supposed to tell me?

So, if one accepts their own hypothesis one can actually be born of a different gender from the sex/body they are born with, through the way they choose to interpret their test results, and decades later opinions are reversed on those conclusions, is science once again going to save its history with the "No True Scotsman" fallacy and refer to this period of belief in being born a girl trapped in a boy's body as pseudo-science?

Yes, it will.

The results of those brain scan don't tell me much. And contrary to what most of us in the lay public believe, scientific papers that accept their own hypothesis, or reject their own hypothesis, are not de facto scientific theories.

Some papers will have more importance in an area of science than others.

At any rate... what ought these brain scans about masculine vs feminine brains tell us about men and women in general, with respect to house chorus, serving in infantry combat, and what we can expect of heterosexual females given the physical constitution of their brains vs the male heterosexual brain?

Or does determinism only carry weight, conveniently, when liberal social and political goals say they ought?

The result of these scans may not be able to tell us the cause of the differences in the groups studied. They can only show us differences exist. But then the mind is not necessarily the brain.

This didn't tell me anything different than what I've said really.

Quote:
Gender identity disorder

Gender identity disorder is a conflict between a person's physical gender and the gender he or she identifies as. For example, a person identified as a boy may actually feel and act like a girl. The person is very uncomfortable with the gender they were born.
And some women are uncomfortable with the small breasts they are born with. So, some improve their self esteem and get happiness from breast implants.

Some blacks in Africa bleach their skin to achieve and internal happiness.

Quote:
People with gender identity disorder may act and present themselves as members of the opposite sex. The disorder may affect:
  • Choice of sexual partners
  • Mannerisms, behavior, and dress
  • Self-concept
I pretty much acknowledged that.

Plastic Surgery vs All Natural Women? - YouTube
Breast Augmentation Patient - Erika - YouTube

The we have the anti-steroid nuts. The same one's that think its far more healthy and safe, and "natural," for a young boy to be on female hormones and testosterone blockers than to be using anabolic steroids and lifting weights.

Anti-Steroids 60 - YouTube

I took steroids for a short time. Very short time. And I was very pleased with it. Helped some of my confidence and self esteem too. I looked more the way I wanted to look.

But it was against the law, and the feminist mantra "your body, your choice" did not apply to me. And interesting enough you usually can find "science" articles backing up whatever politically and socially charged opinion masses of people have.

If I could convince liberals to start parroting the view drinking milk kills you, then I would bet some scientists would start publishing papers with conclusions that milk in fact does kill people.

It's always "science" until science years latter says X views were crazy, then outcomes the No True Scotsman theory as to why those X views never were really "science."

Old 08-14-2013, 01:24 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
"If I could convince liberals to start parroting the view drinking milk kills you, then I would bet some scientists would start publishing papers with conclusions that milk in fact does kill people."

Old 08-14-2013, 03:01 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Whose fault is it when a transgender rapes a girl in the shower?
The parents for not instilling better moral values and discipline into their child, transgender or not.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
Sickening. Blaming the parents of a 14 year old girl because heaven forbid she feels uncomfortable showering with a biological male who claims he feels like he should have been born a woman. Such feelings aren't acting out. Parents have a right to be concerned. I would just tell my kid not to bath if they were uncomfortable, and to tell her friends the same. If they got into trouble for not bathing, I would be filing a lawsuit against the school. Why don't the feelings of the other kids matter? Just because they are in the majority means their feelings are null and void?
>My point

>Your head

When I mean "act out" I mean go out of their way to cause trouble and be a disturbance to the school environment.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:12 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
The faster all these leftists cesspools are bankrupted the better.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The faster all these leftists cesspools are bankrupted the better.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:35 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Look, I could just as easily throw a fit about little Bible-thumpers, thumping away on their Constantine approved, Satanic Bibles in PUBLIC SCHOOLS!

In every state, kids can sings the praises of that Old Testament psychopath, and even sit next to normal kids in school and share a locker room with them

If I had a child, I wouldn't want them mixing with these Nicene scum, but oh well, I would have to if I sent them to a public school.

Right-wing hacks have to deal with transgender kids having rights, and we have to deal with this abomination:
On Fire for God: Public School Bible Clubs Spread - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

So we're even.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:42 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Right-wing hacks have to deal with transgender kids having rights, and we have to deal with this abomination:
On Fire for God: Public School Bible Clubs Spread - US - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

So we're even.
I'm not even Christian but if it upsets you and the rest of the left so much, I'm all for Fundamentalist Bible Clubs™ in every school!

Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
....and it just got even more expensive to rent a U-Haul out of California.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies