Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 04:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

If your little Lucy and don't want some guys wang slinging around the girls locker room tough.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a controversial bill into law Monday afternoon allowing the state’s transgender public school students to choose which bathrooms they use and whether they participate in boy or girl sports.
The law would cover the state’s 6.2 million elementary and high school kids in public schools.
Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students, The families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.
"Now, every transgender student in California will be able to get up in the morning knowing that when they go to school as their authentic self they will have the same fair chance at success as their classmates,” Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Law Center said.

Read more: California Gov. Brown signs transgender-student bill | Fox News

Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
"... their authentic self..."????

WTF?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Can't wait to see dudes playing on the Girls' soccer team trying to get scholarships.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If your little Lucy and don't want some guys wang slinging around the girls locker room tough.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a controversial bill into law Monday afternoon allowing the state’s transgender public school students to choose which bathrooms they use and whether they participate in boy or girl sports.
The law would cover the state’s 6.2 million elementary and high school kids in public schools.
Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students, The families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.
"Now, every transgender student in California will be able to get up in the morning knowing that when they go to school as their authentic self they will have the same fair chance at success as their classmates,” Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Law Center said.

These people need compassion and psychological help, not to be enabled with hormones and surgical procedures IMO.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:51 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Welcome to California, check your logic at the door.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:00 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Welcome to California, check your logic at the door.
I just don't understand it. I can get the "I was born gay and can't help it" line totally 100%.

But then you have someone who was BORN male trying to become female is where I get lost. Where is the scientific basis that someone should've been "born" something they aren't?

I fail to see how someone without a birth or genetic defect should've been "born" a woman if they clearly have an X and Y chromosome.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

Permission to speak, Mr KUchief, sir? Even though I wasn't addressed directly? <snort>
I think it's great.

Another lame maple syrup crack in 3...2...1...

Old 08-12-2013, 05:21 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,962 times
Law of unintended consequences, meet your perfect mate: the California transgender student law.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 PM

472 posts, read 740,432 times
California - The granola state.

Old 08-12-2013, 05:36 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Can't wait to see dudes playing on the Girls' soccer team trying to get scholarships.
That's what entered my mind as well..sports.
Imagine the girl's basketball team with only 1 girl on the team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.