Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2013, 06:10 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,005,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why can't Obama have at least as much vacation as Bush?
Don't be ignorant, He's had just as much, if not more true vacation time as GWB had. I also don't recall anyone telling Obama he had to stay home at any point in the last few years do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 06:13 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,968,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Ok. This post wins for most hypocritical.

We are nearly 5 years into this presidency and nothing is O's fault. Yet you blame Bush for something that happened 9 months after he takes office. Yup. His complete fault. Because it took those terrorists all of only nine months to plan and train for that monumentous exercise in terror.
It took Bush almost 9 months to hold a principals meeting on Al Qaeda, even though Bush's terrorism expert Richard Clarke sent Condolezza Rice a memo in Jan 2001 requesting for a principals meeting on Al Qaeda, just weeks after Bush was inaugurated.

However, Bush was too busy vacationing in Crawford during August 2001 to be concerned about the pre-9/11 warnings our government was receiving, and the fact CIA Director George Tenet knew all Summer long that something big was coming soon.

Apparently Bush loves to say he is busy "working" when he goes to Crawford. But the facts seem to say otherwise.

Bush obviously went to Crawford often so he would be on his own private land, and not have to be bothered by anyone he wants to avoid (government officials, taxpayers, press). And he could do as he pleased, since there was nobody watching over him unless they were invited to be there.

If that isn't being "on vacation" ... I don't know what is?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,005,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It took Bush almost 9 months to hold a principals meeting on Al Qaeda, even though Bush's terrorism expert Richard Clarke sent Condolezza Rice a memo in Jan 2001 requesting for a principals meeting on Al Qaeda, just weeks after Bush was inaugurated.

However, Bush was too busy vacationing in Crawford during August 2001 to be concerned about the pre-9/11 warnings our government was receiving, and the fact CIA Director George Tenet knew all Summer long that something big was coming soon.

Apparently Bush loves to say he is busy "working" when he goes to Crawford. But the facts seem to say otherwise.

Bush obviously went to Crawford often so he would be on his own private land, and not have to be bothered by anyone he wants to avoid (government officials, taxpayers, press). And he could do as he pleased, since there was nobody watching over him unless they were invited to be there.

If that isn't being "on vacation" ... I don't know what is?
I haven't seen this level of delusion in a long time around here.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:18 PM

11,120 posts, read 10,668,910 times
Quote:
Apparently, there are many posters who believe a black president does not deserve even a third of the vacation time and expense than the other presidents got.
If your post was meant to prove my point, well done. If it was meant in any other way, it was a failure.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Don't be ignorant, He's had just as much, if not more true vacation time as GWB had. I also don't recall anyone telling Obama he had to stay home at any point in the last few years do you?
Nope. Check yer facts before calling any else ignorant. Tally up who had the most vacation days.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
In the area where that ranch is located, it's not a large property comparatively. Why do you care how big it is and at what point would it have been small enough to satisfy you? 100 acres? 25 acres? 2 acres? This entire premise is pathetic to say the least and the Bush derangement syndrome has obviously not worn off one bit with some special folks.
Size DOES matter!

Especially when you are trying to avoid contact with the rest of the world.

The bigger ... the better.

Being on his own private land allowed Bush to pick and choose who he wanted to meet with.

Nobody to bother him.

He could spend his time however he liked. Meetings, fishing, swimming, jogging, biking, clearing brush, whatever.

Prairie Chapel Ranch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The land includes seven canyons and three miles (5 km) of frontage along Rainey Creek and the Middle Bosque River. In August 2001 while touring the canyons with reporters Bush noted that the cedars in the canyons would be a good nesting ground for the endangered golden-cheeked warbler although the warblers have not actually been seen on the compound.[7]
Bush added an 11 acres (4.5 ha) man-made pond that he stocked with 600 largemouth bass and 30,000 bait fish. There are also bluegill and red ear sunfish. The pond has a maximum depth of 17 feet (5.2 m). In May 2006, when asked to name the best moment in his administration, Bush jokingly said: "I would say the best moment was when I caught a 7½-pound largemouth bass on my lake."[8]
At the urging of his daughters, Bush also built a swimming pool[9] over the objections of Heymann who thought it would interrupt the stark views. Bush referred to it as "the whining pool" — whine long enough and you get it. It offers a respite from the hot Texas summers, and is heated by the same geothermal system as the house is during the winter.[5]

Last edited by RD5050; 08-13-2013 at 06:39 PM..

Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen this level of delusion in a long time around here.
Delusional?

The Richard A. Clarke Jan 25, 2001 memo to Condolezza Rice: http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/...rke%20memo.pdf

George Tenet comments:

Former CIA Director George Tenet Talks with Bill O'Reilly | Fox News

Quote:
TENET: And I started talking about imminent threat in May.
O'REILLY: But you should have talked...
TENET: I know the president understood my concerns. I knew the entire government understood about my concerns. I knew everybody understood how concerned I was.
O'REILLY: I would have been in there banging that table.
TENET: Yes, you know, I banged every table in town. I was the guy who had his hair on fire that summer. I had my hair on fire for good cause.
Bush understood Tenet's concerns so much that he decided to spend all of August 2001 in Crawford!

Apparently the words "imminent threat" didn't phase Bush one bit. At least not enough to change his month-long vacation plans!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,992,474 times
Quote:
Why can't Obama have at least as much vacation as Bush?
I doubt any president receives much vacation time. I know more than most that being home, doesnt = a vacation when your job entails you to be home.. The whole thread is a total fail!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:50 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,935,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Bush didn't buy Crawford to "provide a living" for his family.

Bush obviously purchased it in 1999 to avoid Washington DC as much as possible, if he were to become president.

Otherwise, why would anyone buy such a large property in middle-of-nowhere Texas right at a time when they are running for an office which would require them to move to DC if they were elected?

And who cares about the "exact size" of an acre. My football field analogy was to assist people in visually seeing what an acre looks like. Who are you ... Dr Know-It-All?
"Dr. Know-It-ALL"?
Not hardly.
However, I DO sort of know how to do a google search, and I have several very good reference books here on my desk (for instance, "Pocket Ref", by Thomas J. Glover; over 700 pages of information about many things), and several others on bookshelves in the house. I even know how to look things up in REAL BOOKS!
One does not have to "Know It All" to have information available, if one knows how to look for it!

Old 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,319,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Bush was doing a press conference in Baghdad, when somebody threw a shoe at him. I'd love to see what they would do with Obama, wouldn't you?
I bet they wouldn't be able to top the shoe. That was funny as hell. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies