Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:33 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

U.S. Pays $1.5 Mil to Help Brazilian Women Quit Smoking | Judicial Watch

For What It's Worth | Greenwich, Connecticut real estate, politics, etc.

I heard this on the radio this morning and didn't believe it, so I researched it, and low and behold, yes, it IS TRUE.

we're broke, we can't fix a submarine, Philly schools may close due to lack of funding, we cannot go ahead and hire more boarder patrols b/c they say we're broke, but what we can do, is pay 1.5 million dollars of tax payers money for this?

Just an example of down right incompetent politics....I'm guessing....this was, as many are, hidden in another bill, as always, and correct me if I'm wrong.

Bills like this are passed every single day? Why aren't American's up in arms about this kind of spending?

Do American's know, that we can fight for one line vetos? Does anyone know what that means...?

When they passed this bill, did anyone both left and right do the research and study this bill before it was passed and voted to pass, what else was in that bill?

Before anyone, starts blaming the left or the right for this, lets think about this collectively and realize, what is wrong with Washington.

Any comments about what can be done about this? Lets help educate each other by discussing this, instead of throwing attacks at either side, please, please add to this thread any other comments about how we can ban together to stop this?

I don't want to see any posts insulting the left or the right, what I'd like to do, is discuss this as intelligent tax payers, who have some idea about politics and the systems they use to pass these bills? If nothing else, I would like to be educated and seriously discuss why this happens? How can we stop it?

Any ideas?

Thank you
Creme
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 04:37 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
I believe anything!!!!

The goal of this administration is quite clear: TO BRING THIS COUNTRY DOWN AND THEN BRING IT BACK UNDER THIER NWO REIGN!!!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:39 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Is there any doubt that O is intentionally bankrupting the US?

Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Is there any doubt that O is intentionally bankrupting the US?
$1.5 million is bankrupting the USA? My parents house cost more than that.

Obama didn't have anything to do with the funding though, the funding was approved by NIH and the researcher is studying "women and their tobacco related issues". No idea why she thought it was necessary to study, but that is between her, NIH, and the Univ. of Alabama.

In other news, Brazil is contemplating purchasing 36 fighter jets for $4 billion.

Brazil may reject US fighter jet deal over NSA spying scandal ? RT News

Old 08-13-2013, 05:12 AM

ok, see, this is what I asked for you not to do....uninformed comments, are literally not constructive and educational...

#1 Obama didn't have anything to do with voting this bill in....

#2, comment only please if you know any thing about 1 line vetos, I want to know if I'm on the right track....I need constructive input on this, b/c I want to learn.

Can this type of spending be stopped with one line vetos, which then, everyone would know, who voted a bill in, or didn't vote for it, so we would be able to better pressure our house and senate to stop this type of spending?

Thanks so much

Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post

Obama didn't have anything to do with the funding though, the funding was approved by NIH and the researcher is studying "women and their tobacco related issues". No idea why she thought it was necessary to study, but that is between her, NIH, and the Univ. of Alabama.

In other news, Brazil is contemplating purchasing 36 fighter jets for $4 billion.

Brazil may reject US fighter jet deal over NSA spying scandal ? RT News
It is not just about this one bill, period, it is though about many bills just like this that add up....
I don't care if your parents house cost more this this...

and so what if Brazil is buying 4 billion worth of jets....I really don't care...

What I want to know, is, how we can force Washington to stop spending our money like this?

Could it be through one line vetos?

Please stay on topic.....

Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It is not just about this one bill, period, it is though about many bills just like this that add up....
I don't care if your parents house cost more this this...

and so what if Brazil is buying 4 billion worth of jets....I really don't care...

What I want to know, is, how we can force Washington to stop spending our money like this?

Could it be through one line vetos?

Please stay on topic.....
I'm pretty sure the line item veto was ruled unconstitutional.

Technically, the answer is holding rep's accountable since Congress holds the purse strings, but they aren't usually held accountable to anyone.

Insider trading is illegal, but not for Congressional members, they exempted themselves.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I hate that argument. My local councilman says it's just a few thousand, my county supervisor says it's just a few hundred thousand, my state legislator says it's juts a few million and my federal legislators says it's just a few billion...... Guess what, all that waste on non essential items ads up to trillions.

Someone mentioned Philly schools above, how many teachers salaries could you pay with 1.5 million?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:45 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
The only power we have is our votes. We can try to find which of our representatives voted for things like this and vote against that rep.

I would be interested to know the reasoning behind the passing of funding like this. I don't think the original intent of taxes was for wasteful overseas programs.

If I were a representative, I'd have a hard time being convinced this is a good use of American taxpayer funds.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Awesome use of our money. Why do so many hate the brazillian women?

Hi ho hi ho its off to work we go....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies