Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:35 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times

Advertisements

2013 and people still have no idea what free speech means..smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 08:39 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
If anyone has read my posts, you know that I am fed up with so many threads turning to "gay" rights. But, still, what about the rights of others that are being trampled on? No one wants to make a peep about them because the gay rights activists will attempt to devour them, call them homophobes (fear of gays), say they "hate" gay people or the most insane statement yet, they are closeted gays. So, I came across this article which clearly speaks of the problem and shows it is not about freedom but about the homosexual agenda: Gospel singer: I was I still have freedom of speech last time I checked but I know it is being eroded on a daily basis. The very people who want acceptance try to shut down anyone that doesn't openly support their actions. There is continuing chain of these stories. You cannot force or legislate acceptance. You have to earn acceptance and trying to silence those that make another choice to make yours seem more viable isn't going to earn anything other than hostility.

I wanted to add this article so I am guessing there is a "watchful" eye on him to try to keep him out of the spotlight in any event: Jesusillin: Gay Rights Activists in a Tizzy Over “Formerly-gay” Gospel Singer The article is from 2007. Acceptance? OK, only for what is considered acceptable by those promoting the agenda.
Oh you poor thing. Equal rights for all is such a bummer, ain't it?

Old 08-13-2013, 08:40 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
You have to earn acceptance and trying to silence those that make another choice to make yours seem more viable isn't going to earn anything other than hostility.
"Earn acceptance"? There is no way on God's green earth that the LGBT community can do anything that will earn them acceptance from the far-right religious.

Excepts throw themselves back in the closet and let the far-right religious lock them in there.

Thankfully, that's not ever, ever going to happen.

Earn acceptance? What a joke. The far-right religious doesn't want to accept them. They abhor them. (Funny how often Jesus' admonition for us to love one another is forgotten by the righties. It's like He didn't even say it. But then there's not a whole lot of love coming out of the far-right religious. Just a lot of rebuking and shaming and judgement.)

Attention members of the far-right: In the USA the LGBT community are American citizens. They are entitled to full rights as American citizens. When you have to 'earn' your right to got to church on Sunday let everyone know. We'll alert the ACLU.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-13-2013 at 08:53 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,042,037 times
Well ain't that a b**ch? So if your LGBT that makes you a lesser person who has to earn the basic respect that ALL human beings are entitled to from their fellow humans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
"Earn acceptance"? There is no way on God's green earth that the LGBT community can do anything that will earn them acceptance from the far-right religious.

Excepts throw themselves back in the closet and let the far-right religious lock them in there.

Thankfully, that's not ever, ever going to happen.

Earn acceptance? What a joke. The far-right religious doesn't want to accept them. They abhor them. (Funny how often Jesus' admonition for us to love one another is forgotten by the righties. It's like He didn't even say it. But then there's not a whole lot of love coming out of the far-right religious. Just a lot of rebuking and shaming and judgement.)

Attention members of the far-right: In the USA the LGBT community are American citizens. They are entitled to full rights as American citizens. When you have to 'earn' your right to got to church on Sunday let everyone know. We'll alert the ACLU.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:25 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You know him personally?
I know that you can't change what's true in your heart.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No one has taken the singers freedom of speech. No one is required to give the singer a platform to speak from.

People are removed from performance schedules every day, it happens for many reasons. The event planners have the final say over who is to perform at their event.

As for legislating acceptance, no one is trying to force you to accept homosexuals. We are trying to force the government to treat homosexuals equally under the law, and provide equal protection under the law. You can accept me, or not, I don't really care. I will fight tooth and nail for equality under the law though.

How are homosexuals treated differently by the federal government?

Please be specific.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:59 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times
I wish everyone would keep their sexuality in the bedroom period.

Quote:
If anyone has read my posts, you know that I am fed up with so many threads turning to "gay" rights. But, still, what about the rights of others that are being trampled on? No one wants to make a peep about them because the gay rights activists will attempt to devour them, call them homophobes (fear of gays), say they "hate" gay people or the most insane statement yet, they are closeted gays. So, I came across this article which clearly speaks of the problem and shows it is not about freedom but about the homosexual agenda: Gospel singer: I was I still have freedom of speech last time I checked but I know it is being eroded on a daily basis. The very people who want acceptance try to shut down anyone that doesn't openly support their actions. There is continuing chain of these stories. You cannot force or legislate acceptance. You have to earn acceptance and trying to silence those that make another choice to make yours seem more viable isn't going to earn anything other than hostility.

I wanted to add this article so I am guessing there is a "watchful" eye on him to try to keep him out of the spotlight in any event: Jesusillin: Gay Rights Activists in a Tizzy Over “Formerly-gay” Gospel Singer The article is from 2007. Acceptance? OK, only for what is considered acceptable by those promoting the agenda.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:36 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
How are homosexuals treated differently by the federal government?

Please be specific.

you have participated in enough threads to know, so your faux ignorance on this, by asking this question is borderline trolling.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,871 times
so basically you can't answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
you have participated in enough threads to know, so your faux ignorance on this, by asking this question is borderline trolling.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
so basically you can't answer it.
one of the reasons was already posted in this thread. the same reason that mommonkey has been given in every gay bashing thread she has started and participated in.

If she's been told a thousand times what the federal govt denies from gays, and doesn't know it by now, asking that question now, shows that she is not interested in the reason. She is simply trolling.

Hint: one of those reasons has to do with federal benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies