Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 01:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Us informed people will admit it, we just don't see how it shows that the current temperature increases are also naturally caused. That you think you have an argument shows a lack of basic critical thinking skills on your part. People have been dying of natural causes for a long time too. You're arguing that this means any death must be due to natural causes.

Too bad right-wing denialists make illogical arguments and claims that aren't supported by facts. If right-wing claims were supported by facts, right-wingers wouldn't whine and cry about Al Gore and make up conspiracy theories.
You wouldn't even be arguing temperature increases from ten or twenty or a hundred years if you were talking about climate change. Your arguments are knee jerk scare tactics to push your agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Your graphs are propaganda to try and brainwash people. They worked for a while but when your graphs are based off the lies that have been exposed by the propagandists then your graphs are nothing but lies too. Same with those who continue to use them in threads like this.
Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a lie. People thought the sun revolved around the earth for a long time.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
First you need to clarify your position. Is it global warming or climate change.

Secondly most if not all clarify their position by stating the climate changes, anybody who would disagree to that is an idiot, but that man has little if any effect on that. If you are going to say different then you don't read many folks post. Most start out stating that very thing. Your folks are too busy firing up your colorful graphs full on nonsense to read much though.
Global warming is a part of climate change. Climate change means a change in climate. Global warming is a specific change in the climate.

Your second paragraph looks like you typed something and then deleted it by accident, Where you trying to say that " most people clarify they believe in climate change, just that it may or may not be man made " ?

If so, i would disagree based on this site, have you not read the Climate change threads, there is one on this being this past winter having more snow storms than usual and mocking climate change as a whole, so again are you now claiming there arent deniers ? Are you really this afraid to admit you are wrong ?

You have also continued to dodge the point i and others have made which is the title of this thread and the info you posted dont match the original study that it uses as source material, yet you portray it as if it does.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Just because you disagree with it doesn't make it a lie. People thought the sun revolved around the earth for a long time.
I would rehash the lies that have been uncovered but there is no point as you folks just ignore it all and plow on.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:22 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
I would rehash the lies that have been uncovered but there is no point as you folks just ignore it all and plow on.
At this point I don't even know where we stand. Do you believe the average temperature of the earth has warmed in the last 150 years? Have we established that? Or are NOAA's temperature readings just an enormous leftist conspiracy?

No one could possibly present you with any evidence that you wouldn't dismiss as propaganda. So what the f**k is there left to discuss? Do you at least agree with that? Help me out here.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
the funny thing about your question here is the post directly above yours. at the end i state the following:

You and I agree that it is warmer today than in 1970. And that part of that warming trend is man caused.

I am one of those "cons" you speak of.
No, you arent as my comment specifically mentions non believers, not simply being a con.

Old 08-14-2013, 01:29 PM

I never said the earth has or hasn't warmed in the last 150 years. 150 years is hardly a climate changing episode by any means or any reason to start pumping off man made volcanoes or harvesting the ocean with iron to save the planet. If you think it is then your beyond reason. That is what the global warming folks want. Greenland was once green and then froze over and is now melting. The earth is still here. How can that be?

Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, you arent as my comment specifically mentions non believers, not simply being a con.

...well, I am solidly in the skeptic camp. I read pretty extensively on the subject and have posted in most of the threads on C-D that involve the subject at hand.

My view is pretty much the standard of the posters on C-D who do not buy into the CAGW meme.

so im not really sure what you think we believe.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:19 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
Quote:
You wouldn't even be arguing temperature increases from ten or twenty or a hundred years if you were talking about climate change. Your arguments are knee jerk scare tactics to push your agenda.
Ah. My agenda. You're one of those guys who think I care about you and how paying taxes makes you sad, right? I'm reminded of guys like James Inhofe and Glenn Beck when I read your posts.

Old 08-14-2013, 05:42 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,948,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
You don't like those graphs because they're devastating to your non-science your non-reading of the very article that you posted.
dummy dumb head.. yuse.. a dummy head... yuse not smurt... youse dunt noe nutin... y use a dummy hed!

I think that pretty much sums up the intelligence of your response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies